Author Topic: Bucks (38-36) at Celtics (48-26) Game #75 3/29/17  (Read 26937 times)

Re: Bucks (38-36) at Celtics (48-26) Game #75 3/29/17
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2017, 10:29:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Chicago Bulls are going to get rolled over tomorrow by LeBron James.

That was a nice moment to have for the #1 seed while it lasted.

Eh, while it might be different now without Gibson and Wade playing, Chicago has actually matched up very well with this Cavs team since James has come back. I think they're like 3-0 against them this season, though at least one of those was a rest game for Lebron and company.

With how Cleveland is playing right now, it's not a guarantee that they beat Chicago in Chicago.

« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What will Brad draw up?

I'm betting on IT as a decoy and Smart or AB taking the shot (probably AB after a screen by Al)

If Smart takes the final shot, Stevens should be fired on the spot.

I had a bad stream, but was Bradley not wide open for a corner 3?

Broken play, Giannis got his long arms on the inbound pass, deflected it, there was a bit of a scramble, and Smart ended up with it with chance at a heave from well beyond the line. He did try to get fouled on the shot, which threw him off. But it was very unlikely to go in no matter what.

I re-wound it and he had PLENTY of time to hit a WIDE OPEN Avery in the corner for a tying three!!!  How did he NOT see him???  Hero ball???????

Smitty77

Sure looked like it on my screen, too.  Thanks for the confirmation. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2017, 10:42:10 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
What will Brad draw up?

I'm betting on IT as a decoy and Smart or AB taking the shot (probably AB after a screen by Al)

Broken play, Giannis got his long arms on the inbound pass, deflected it, there was a bit of a scramble, and Smart ended up with it with chance at a heave from well beyond the line. He did try to get fouled on the shot, which threw him off. But it was very unlikely to go in no matter what.

I re-wound it and he had PLENTY of time to hit a WIDE OPEN Avery in the corner for a tying three!!!  How did he NOT see him???  Hero ball???????

Smitty77

More lack of clock awareness/loss of composure due to the broken play.

This might have been a game where the length and higher release of Green and Jerebko might have helped, at least more than Young, who actually checked into a close NBA game. Their length bothered our shooting.

« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
team coasted early on and it bit them in the butt.  on top of that:
Crowder: 4-12
Smart: 4-15 (although some were end of clock/quarter heaves)
AB: 5-14. 
Can't have that many players taking double-digit shots laying bricks.

Also:
Brown: 13 minutes --  -21
KO: 7 minutes --  -16
Young: 5 minues --  -12
that group of players killed us on the court in a very short amount of time.

Good lord ......looking at these stats ......you'd think we lost by 25 points not 3
IT, Horford, Johnson and Crowder have been playing really well.  If you look at the past few games they get in trouble when the bench doesn't produce.  Olynyk has been terrible for a few games now, Rozier has struggled, Brown has for the most part hit a wall, and Jerebko looks like he's fallen out of favor.
this team doesn't just get in trouble when the bench doesn't produce, it gets in trouble when a lot of players are having an off night shooting.  team relies on outside shooting far too much.  live by the jumper, die by the jumper.  tonight, we died

« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2017, 10:51:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
What will Brad draw up?

Smitty77

This might have been a game where the length and higher release of Green and Jerebko might have helped, at least more than Young, who actually checked into a close NBA game. Their length bothered our shooting.
yeah, if Im blaming Smart on that last play, Im blaming his inability to get the ball in to IT or trying to draw a foul instead of just going for the shot.

hard to blame a guy for not making that pass.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #350 on: March 29, 2017, 10:55:49 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Olynyk was a huge turd once again.

Refs treat Greek Freak like he's MJ

Bucks are better than their record...C's are worse than their record.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #351 on: March 29, 2017, 11:12:55 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
What will Brad draw up?

Smitty77

yeah, if Im blaming Smart on that last play, Im blaming his inability to get the ball in to IT or trying to draw a foul instead of just going for the shot.

Why do you say that?  He gets crunch time mins because he generally makes smart, winning plays.  I'd blame him for not making the right pass, if AB was wide open. 

« Reply #352 on: March 29, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
What will Brad draw up?

Smitty77

Why do you say that?  He gets crunch time mins because he generally makes smart, winning plays.  I'd blame him for not making the right pass, if AB was wide open.
Just caught the replay and Smart landed with around 2.8 seconds left and immediately went for the shot.

Middleton left Bradley in the corner to go contest.

The better play would have been to pass the ball to Bradley, but I certainly dont think its egregious for a player to catch the ball in a broken play with under 3 seconds left in the game and assume he has to shoot it.

Ive got a bigger problem with his inability to get the ball to Thomas on the inbound.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #353 on: March 29, 2017, 11:36:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

I dont think we are.

Id say we are just about right what our record says.

« Reply #354 on: March 29, 2017, 11:58:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
What will Brad draw up?

Smitty77

Just caught the replay and Smart landed with around 2.8 seconds left and immediately went for the shot.

Middleton left Bradley in the corner to go contest.

The better play would have been to pass the ball to Bradley, but I certainly dont think its egregious for a player to catch the ball in a broken play with under 3 seconds left in the game and assume he has to shoot it.

Ive got a bigger problem with his inability to get the ball to Thomas on the inbound.

I missed a lot and could barely see that last play, but yeah, we're probably nitpicking anyway.  Rest of the thread reads like we came out flat and never corrected for it.  Oh well.  As long as we make it out of the 1st round this year, we'll be fine. 

« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2017, 01:10:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I was going to watch the game, but I think I'll just press delete on the DVR.

I'm guessing Milwaukee's length really bothered the C's.

« Reply #356 on: March 30, 2017, 01:48:56 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

For what, the seven minutes he was on the court?  Gimme a break! 

« Reply #357 on: March 30, 2017, 02:10:40 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I feel for IT.
The man is consistent. It must be very frustrating to lose a game like that.

« Reply #358 on: March 30, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Smart got owned by the refs tonight. The charge when the guys foot was in restricted area. The technical foul when all he did was stop Giannis from hitting him in the face with his shoe.

So crap.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #359 on: March 30, 2017, 05:20:48 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I feel for IT.
The man is consistent. It must be very frustrating to lose a game like that.

Yes. Consistent in offense and consistently owned in defense.

Ulis, Teague, Brogdon... Every opponent PG doubles his PPG average against us. This is as terrible as fantastic are IT's 29 PPG.