Author Topic: Time to rest IT  (Read 2143 times)

Re: Time to rest IT
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I wouldn't rest him but I would cut his minutes. I would start working in more of our 6-9 guys to see who's going to be in the rotation.

Seed is still important because you don't want a dog fight in the 1st round.
I think Brad already knows his 9-man playoff rotation.  It's the starters plus Smart, Olynyk, Brown and Zeller.

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wouldn't rest him but I would cut his minutes. I would start working in more of our 6-9 guys to see who's going to be in the rotation.

I think Brad already knows his 9-man playoff rotation.  It's the starters plus Smart, Olynyk, Brown and Zeller.

Pretty much.  Although a slight addendum (from I think Stevens in a press conference last week), it's the starters plus Smart, Olynyk, Brown, and one of Zeller of Jerebko depending on matchups.

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I don't see how Rozier can't crack this rotation. He held his own last year vs Atlanta. When Smart isn't scoring or when the bench is going through scoring droughts, Rozier is good in that role.

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
They all get paid for 82, play 82 unless medically restricted. Reducing minutes to give others more game time to get sharp for the second season makes sense and would be wise(hi, Zeller), but there is no need to rest. Havlacek didn't rest. McHale or Bird either. Paul played tons of minutes.

It's not like he's up in years or has tons of miles.

Nah, his kid's a gamer. He won't sit. He has something to prove, and it isn't how nice he looks in a suit.

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 12:50:56 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

Pretty much.  Although a slight addendum (from I think Stevens in a press conference last week), it's the starters plus Smart, Olynyk, Brown, and one of Zeller of Jerebko depending on matchups.
You're right, CBS said that.  Thing is, which playoff team does Jerebko match up better with as comared to Zeller?  Every other team has big bodies up front.

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Beverly says its not allowed  :police:

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 01:02:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

You're right, CBS said that.  Thing is, which playoff team does Jerebko match up better with as comared to Zeller?  Every other team has big bodies up front.

In my opinion, Cavs for sure and Wizards maybe.  The Cavs second unit isn't that big, and neither Jerebko or Zeller will be out there against the starters much.  Wizards sometimes go smaller with their second string also, and even when they go big, I think Jerebko causes Smith more problems at the 4 than the other way around.

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

And friend Rozier  :)

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 01:47:32 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Theoretically, we could still end up third or fourth in the Eastern Conference with Cleveland, Washington and Toronto luring behind us. Given that the 1st spot isn't a lock - yet - we shouldn't rest IT now. Furthermore, I don't care if we are facing 'bad' teams in the upcoming games. We all saw how this team performed against Brooklyn and Philly without IT.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 01:50:42 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
They just recently rested him 2 games.

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 02:41:47 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just blow out some bad teams and let him rest during the 4th quarter.

Try to set up as many game 7 in Boston as possible.  (and hope Boston moves on before they get to game 7)

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

I don't think so.

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 03:23:39 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
How is the number one seed not that important?

We're in a virtual tie right now with Clev (and maybe Wash) for the best home record in the East and 4th overall in the league. Yes we're a pretty good road team but having that home court advantage + the fact that we play well on the road could be the difference between a finals trip and a ECF exit.

It's going to be near impossible to beat GSW or SAS in a seven game series as currently constructed. But beating Cleveland in the ECF isn't so much of a pipe dream anymore with their current state of play. Having home court advantage as the number one seed only makes that dream more of a reality.

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
How is the number one seed not that important?

We're in a virtual tie right now with Clev (and maybe Wash) for the best home record in the East and 4th overall in the league. Yes we're a pretty good road team but having that home court advantage + the fact that we play well on the road could be the difference between a finals trip and a ECF exit.

It's going to be near impossible to beat GSW or SAS in a seven game series as currently constructed. But beating Cleveland in the ECF isn't so much of a pipe dream anymore with their current state of play. Having home court advantage as the number one seed only makes that dream more of a reality.
TP.  It would represent another year of solid progress. That would help attract a FA, then Banner #18 in '18!  Has a nice ring to it.

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I don't think so.
Im sure we will see Terry in the playoffs.

Id just really rather not.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.