Author Topic: Report: Kings got permission to talk to Hinkie; looking to replace Divac  (Read 2582 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/846512605086826497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fsacramento-kings

As ESPN reports, Sam Hinkie is a target. Ranadive has casually talked with Hinkie, sources say, but Hinkie unsure his interest in job there.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/846512043452747778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fsacramento-kings

Kings owner Vivek Ranadive has been quietly searching for an executive to place over Vlade Divac, league sources tell @TheVertical.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/3/27/15081232/sacramento-kings-gm-rumors-sam-hinkie-trust-the-kangz-trust-the-process

Lol Kaaaaaanggggzzzz. Hinkie being unsure of his interest there is the smartest thing he's ever done. There's no way Randadive would buy into Hinkie's tankathon plan.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Poor Kings fans. They're not making the playoffs for the next decade or so.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
That's bad news for our Brooklyn 2018 pick :(

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Just because Hinkle Tanked in Phily. Does not mean he will in Sac if he gets the job. Sac has some picks and they can add a max contract. Plus if Gay Opts in they have a go to scorer. WCS, Georgio Buddy and Skal have looked good.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The minority owners need to stage a coup and get Ranadive removed as controlling owner.  How many coaches, GMs, and Presidents has he gone through in 5 years?  I'm not saying Vlade should be kept on, but my dream in life is to be an NBA GM, and I'm not sure that I'd even want to retire from Celticsblogs forums to take that gig.  You can't try to build a team if you think you'll be gone in 18 months.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just because Hinkle Tanked in Phily. Does not mean he will in Sac if he gets the job. Sac has some picks and they can add a max contract. Plus if Gay Opts in they have a go to scorer. WCS, Georgio Buddy and Skal have looked good.
I don't think Gay is still able to be a reliable go to guy anymore. I don't think they'll be as bad as Brooklyn, but they'll be thereabouts.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
The minority owners need to stage a coup and get Ranadive removed as controlling owner.  How many coaches, GMs, and Presidents has he gone through in 5 years?  I'm not saying Vlade should be kept on, but my dream in life is to be an NBA GM, and I'm not sure that I'd even want to retire from Celticsblogs forums to take that gig.  You can't try to build a team if you think you'll be gone in 18 months.

I don't know any rational NBA person that would truly want that job. It's like asking for the money and title while having little to no power and a micro-managing boss that oversees every move you make, let alone the fact that as you say 18 months is a pretty good tenure in that position.

That being said, pay me that GM salary and I'll gladly go be Ranadive's shill in Sacramento!

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Where's that Hooker who secretly taped Donald Sterling, when you need her--?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Anybody can do that job ....

Even Magic Johnson

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't know why they need Hinkie to tank.

Step 1: Keep one or two legit(but not great) nba players.

Step 2: Fill the rest of the roster with D-League lifers.

Step 3: draft Three bigs, two with histories of injuries, and sit both for thier first season.

Step 4: Repeat if first three fail

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/846541734557429760

Kings: "The Kings are not hiring Sam Hinkie and have no plans to bring anyone in above Vlade." (They're searching for someone above Vlade).

Woj with the burn!

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
What a disaster.

I like Hinkie and think he should be considered for other jobs. But how long has Divac been in this position? How can anyone ever succeed in a situation where you never get a chance to even settle in? Should Ainge have been fired after he traded for Raef Lafrentz?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Maybe that move would inspire LarBrd33 to rejoin us! ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Mr Hankie

The Tanking Poo

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Given how bad the Kings have been at drafting, adding someone like Hinkie makes a lot of sense.  He really only missed on Okafor and pretty much everyone would have selected Okafor in that same situation anyway.  Pretty solid draft record for Hinkie and the Kings have been down right terrible at drafting.  Seems like a good fit to me.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip