Author Topic: TJ Leaf  (Read 2819 times)

TJ Leaf
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:22:21 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Am I the only one who has been impressed with Leaf this season? He is a fantastic all round prospect who has a great BBIQ and actually seems like a Butler/Stevens guy. He is out of our range but if Boston wants a max free agent this offseason, Leaf would be the perfect cheap replacement for Olynyk and I believe has more potential then Kelly. Leaf is a fantastic offensive rebounder, something Olynyk lacks and he is such a fluid athlete.

https://youtu.be/EbN3M8xFhJo

Here is his highlights from the first Kentucky meeting (in Kentucky)

Re: TJ Leaf
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Am I the only one who has been impressed with Leaf this season? He is a fantastic all round prospect who has a great BBIQ and actually seems like a Butler/Stevens guy. He is out of our range but if Boston wants a max free agent this offseason, Leaf would be the perfect cheap replacement for Olynyk and I believe has more potential then Kelly. Leaf is a fantastic offensive rebounder, something Olynyk lacks and he is such a fluid athlete.

This kid is special!!!  Nice catch Slightly Biased:-))  It is odd to me that nbadraft.net has him going #11 and draftexpress.com has him going #22.  That is quite the little discrepancy, which is a little odd!

Take care,

Smitty77

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I don't know the kid , but his dad had a nice career in Israel.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

This kid is special!!!  Nice catch Slightly Biased:-))  It is odd to me that nbadraft.net has him going #11 and draftexpress.com has him going #22.  That is quite the little discrepancy, which is a little odd!

Take care,

Smitty77

Nbadraft.net also has Fultz going 3rd, and De'Aaron Fox going before Jayson Tatum. Draw your own conclusions.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »

• Bill Walton
https://youtu.be/GKSsM9BTbqE

I really think if you have time, read + watch up on TJ Leaf, this guy does not get the credit he deserves and if you watch carefully you can see that it was TJ that made Ball look much better because of his creativity, rebounding, shooting and passing skills.

If he falls in the upcoming draft I'd love Ainge to draft up for Leaf, could be a steal.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 09:12:58 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Very impressive....much more so than Yabu...if he falls to high teens combo og Yabu rights and out seconds this year might do it

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 09:16:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Take care,

Smitty77

Nbadraft.net also has Fultz going 3rd, and De'Aaron Fox going before Jayson Tatum. Draw your own conclusions.
survey says: NBAdraft.net sucks
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 10:09:27 PM »

• Bill Walton
Very impressive....much more so than Yabu...if he falls to high teens combo og Yabu rights and out seconds this year might do it

I was going to say this in another post but I think it will work out that 2016 NBA draft will be one of Ainge's worst (other then Brown). I really usually like Ainge as a drafter but last year I think he had too many picks and scouting was stretch too thin, Yabu looks like a poor man's Diaw, Zizic is Nikola Peković reincarnated and Nader is a 9th-10th man on an NBA team. With so many picks I would have taken a big swing on a prospect, Skal Labissière was available, so was Luwawu-Cabarrot and Patrick McCaw all look like great project prospects.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Good for college ball

A little slowish and below avg wingspan

You could get a similar player in alec peters later in the draft

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 11:32:22 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Reminds me of JJ when he was younger. Wouldn't be a guy I took in the 1st.