Author Topic: The Celtics the best team in the East?  (Read 5687 times)

Re: The Celtics the best team in the East?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
If Bradley and Thomas have great games in a Game 7 we could win it at home. LBJ has demons at the Fleet Center and that could hellp.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Toronto still scares me if they get Lowry back healthy. 

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Toronto still scares me if they get Lowry back healthy.

That's why we need to finish 1st, since Toronto is going to wind up 3rd.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 11:11:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We have a great team and a very good coach. I wonder what Kevin Durant is thinking now. He could have been King here, and won here. I know I know he is winning in GSW, but this would have been his team.

Not writen in stone, my friend.

'he is winning' present tense, Clench. I did not mean there is a guarantee that he is going to win the championship for sure.

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 11:36:20 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
KD isn't an alpha dog that's why he ran to GSW. He was the man in OKC and ran from that. He could've owned the East but he can't beat LeBron.

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If Bradley and Thomas have great games in a Game 7 we could win it at home. LBJ has demons at the Fleet Center and that could hellp.
I agree that we can play with the cavs they can't defend anyone and being at home would be huge help some of the bench guys play with confidence. I don't know that lebron has demons playing at the garden though, last playoff series against us he swept us, and the last big home playoff game we had against lebron he had an all time performance (game 6, 2012).

Lebron has had a couple bad showings in his career but he usually rises to the occasion and I expect him to do it this playoffs as well no matter where the game is played. I do however think that the Celtics are good enough to overcome Lebron playing well as long  as the cavs defense doesn't pick up.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
T Lue says he has a special secret weapon / surprise defense to throw on Celtics . 

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 02:39:27 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Yes, why yes we are. This shouldn't be in the form of a question, also work on your grammar 😉.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
T Lue says he has a special secret weapon / surprise defense to throw on Celtics .

He has a Smart plan: He's gonna make Marcus shoot 20 times a game. Surefire way to beat Boston. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Wait what link? Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 04:29:06 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Is he paying off the Refs to allow six men on the floor??
:P

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2017, 06:44:32 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I love how everyone now has us losing to Cleveland in a game 7 with a chance to win that game in the last second no less.

makes me wonder what team everyone has been watching all yr.....

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

makes me wonder what team everyone has been watching all yr.....

A very good team.

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 10:51:44 PM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Why are we so down on our team and feel so high of the Cavs...

Firstly, forget we lost some bad games to them early on the season because we were basically a newly formed squad with some injury issues and the Cavs where healthy and clickin on all cylinders..

Fast forward to today and the Cavs are worn out and buying everyone they can think of to help GM lebron who has to play 40 min just to stay competitive. Our situation has changed significantly,  peaking at just the right moment and with AB andMS healthy we have the right players to contain the likes of Kyrie.
Beleive it or not IT is also an otherworldly talent right now..he can go toe to toe with Lebron offensively so our offense shouldn't be an issue in the playoffs...bring in our A1 Defense and its a recipe for a series win against the Cavs. Yes believe bebecause this team can beat the Cavs.

IT can't go toe to toe offensively against Lebron if when it really matters he will have Lebron covering him. Lebron LOVES to chase small guys from behind to block them and is as clutch defensively as Smart.