Author Topic: The Celtics the best team in the East?  (Read 5694 times)

The Celtics the best team in the East?
« on: March 25, 2017, 11:13:05 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Cleveland lost, so we are one game in the loss column out of first.
Say what?

Re: The Celtics the best team in the East?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 11:15:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We have a great team and a very good coach. I wonder what Kevin Durant is thinking now. He could have been King here, and won here. I know I know he is winning in GSW, but this would have been his team.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We have a great tea and a very good coach. I wonder what Kevin Durant is thinking now. He could have been King here, and won here. I know I know he is winning in GSW, but this would have been his team.

Yeah, look how well we are doing as a team without KD. Imagine our current team (minus Amir/JJ, I guess) with him. Sure, he will probably get a championship in GS, but he probably would have here, as well, and been the clear leader.

Who knows, maybe GS/he will nosedive in the playoffs and he will realize what he missed out on...hey, it could happen.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 11:45:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Of course we are

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:52:14 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 12:26:40 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
We have a great tea and a very good coach. I wonder what Kevin Durant is thinking now. He could have been King here, and won here. I know I know he is winning in GSW, but this would have been his team.

Yeah, look how well we are doing as a team without KD. Imagine our current team (minus Amir/JJ, I guess) with him. Sure, he will probably get a championship in GS, but he probably would have here, as well, and been the clear leader.

Who knows, maybe GS/he will nosedive in the playoffs and he will realize what he missed out on...hey, it could happen.

It certainly could. And then maybe KD would opt out and do a little LOST-style "course correcting" and come to Boston. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 01:28:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 02:23:59 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
You bet your stinky behind we are.

Also, let it be re-stated that i was the first on this board to make the bold prediction that we'd end up with the best record in the East.  For all the accusations of being a pessimist and a "debbie-downer" i believe in this team more than many.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:20 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
We have a great team and a very good coach. I wonder what Kevin Durant is thinking now. He could have been King here, and won here. I know I know he is winning in GSW, but this would have been his team.

Not writen in stone, my friend.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:33:55 AM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 05:08:49 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Not sure we're better than the Cavs, but they are having a lot of problems on defense, especially on the second unit. Second worst defense since the ASG to the Lakers, who are tanking hard:

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-cavaliers/post/_/id/3850/cavs-latest-defensive-disaster-an-all-too-common-occurrence

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 06:00:13 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think with Al Horford playing this well we are certainly a top 3 team no doubt.
Can we beat Cleveland in a 7 game series if they are healthy? Probably not. We might get 2 or even 3 games off them but we'll have to defend the 3 and Lebron extremely well- which will be hard when they throw IT into switches like they did to Curry last year.

I think we are the 2nd best team in the East, but we are close.

Al Horford and Crowder are two guys who will have to have huuuggge playoff performances for us to beat the Cavs- but having HCA would certainly help that.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Wether through luck or talent the Celtics end up number one or two at the end of the regular season, the playoffs will tell us where we stand in the East (assuming there is no drop off in form and the Celtics land lower). Anything less than the conference finals will be a disappointment. Anything more, surely a bonus.

Nothing can be taken for granted though and mostly it is about doing the best you can to help attract and keep the talent you want. As much as I would love to see this team make the NBA finals it still feels like it is building for the future.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 07:40:42 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Why are we so down on our team and feel so high of the Cavs...

Firstly, forget we lost some bad games to them early on the season because we were basically a newly formed squad with some injury issues and the Cavs where healthy and clickin on all cylinders..

Fast forward to today and the Cavs are worn out and buying everyone they can think of to help GM lebron who has to play 40 min just to stay competitive. Our situation has changed significantly,  peaking at just the right moment and with AB andMS healthy we have the right players to contain the likes of Kyrie.
Beleive it or not IT is also an otherworldly talent right now..he can go toe to toe with Lebron offensively so our offense shouldn't be an issue in the playoffs...bring in our A1 Defense and its a recipe for a series win against the Cavs. Yes believe bebecause this team can beat the Cavs.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 07:51:15 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Easily.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
best team in the east right now, sure. but once we get in the playoffs Cleveland is.