Author Topic: Washington at Cleveland tonight, who do Cs want to win  (Read 4429 times)

Re: Washington at Cleveland tonight, who do Cs want to win
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
if the celtics are one game behind the cavs when they play we will should see whether or not the boys from boston are contenders or pretenders.

the cavs and lebron will want to win that game for sure. let's see how the celtics do. i am hoping they play tough defense and make their shots. if they do that, they can win.

At this point, them being a full game up on us by the time we play them will be a miracle. They'll be lucky if they're not down one full game and getting challenged by the Wiz for the 2 seed by the time they play in Boston next.
good points. and now i look back at that idiotic loss to phoenix earlier and shake my head. celtics would already be up by 1/2 a game.

it will be a fun game to watch between the celtics and cavs...i hope.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
if the celtics are one game behind the cavs when they play we will should see whether or not the boys from boston are contenders or pretenders.

the cavs and lebron will want to win that game for sure. let's see how the celtics do. i am hoping they play tough defense and make their shots. if they do that, they can win.

At this point, them being a full game up on us by the time we play them will be a miracle. They'll be lucky if they're not down one full game and getting challenged by the Wiz for the 2 seed by the time they play in Boston next.

This!! +1, and things like that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:32:42 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2017, 10:35:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

good points. and now i look back at that idiotic loss to phoenix earlier and shake my head. celtics would already be up by 1/2 a game.

it will be a fun game to watch between the celtics and cavs...i hope.  ;D

True. But then again, Cleveland has been inexplicably bad the last month or two and has lost numerous games like that, which is the reason we're even still in the conversation for the number one seed with them. So our few bad losses don't seem too bad after considering that lol

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
LeBron now,has to,travel to SA, TX

To play Spurs,

Good luck Le Whiner with that game

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2017, 11:06:09 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!

To play Spurs,

I bet he rests in that game lol

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

To play Spurs,

Yep, now they have to actually play the tough games. Remember when they rested against the Clippers.

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2017, 11:11:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

To play Spurs,

Yep, now they have to actually play the tough games. Remember when they rested against the Clippers.

Eh, I can't see Lebron sitting out another national tv game after Silver's criticism of teams sitting players out, especially for national tv games.

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

To play Spurs,

Eh, I can't see Lebron sitting out another national tv game after Silver's criticism of teams sitting players out, especially for national tv games.

He's sitting out 3 more games this year -- vs Philly on 3/31, at Miami on 4/10, and vs. Toronto on 4/12.

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2017, 11:49:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

To play Spurs,

He's sitting out 3 more games this year -- vs Philly on 3/31, at Miami on 4/10, and vs. Toronto on 4/12.

He does this .....and he ll be setting in the third seed ,   Cavs suck without a LeBron play n 40 plus minutes.  They are lost .....LeBron is their coach ...he is just on the floor .  Lue is clueless how to put together a winning club at this point in the season without LeBron.

Cut off the snakes head ......Cavs are harmless group of old , overpaid , over rated divas.

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 12:00:26 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

To play Spurs,

Yeah, I could see that with those not being nationally televised. I also could see him sitting out the Orlando game before the Boston game, even though it's a home game, since it's a back-to-back, especially if they're really needing a Boston win to stay in first.

Then again, if the worst happens and they lose two to three of the games before the Boston game, even though it's an ESPN game I could very well see Lue resting all of his main guys against us to not give us a late-season look at them before the playoffs. They'd essentially be giving us the number one seed at that point, but I think at that point it'd be a foregone conclusion anyways with how tough their schedule is the last five games.

He's already using the "not wanting to show our defensive schemes before the playoffs" excuse for the Cavs' recent defensive struggles, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them sit guys against us if they feel the number one seed is already pretty a foregone conclusion at that point.

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2017, 12:09:35 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
I hope he plays against SA because I don't see them winning that game regardless.

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2017, 12:26:22 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
As much as I wanted Cleveland to lose and us to have a better chance at #1 I think we lost tonight.

I'm scared we fumble the rest of our schedule and Washington (and Toronto?) will take advantage despite the 2 game lead. Getting over that .5 game lead with Cleveland will still be tough and going into our final game with them I believe they have the series 2-1.

I feel like if Cleveland won, we'd have a solid shot at # 2. But because Washington won we have a real chance at #1 but also a very real  chance to fall down to #3 or even #4.

The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2017, 03:50:57 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
As much as I wanted Cleveland to lose and us to have a better chance at #1 I think we lost tonight.

I'm scared we fumble the rest of our schedule and Washington (and Toronto?) will take advantage despite the 2 game lead. Getting over that .5 game lead with Cleveland will still be tough and going into our final game with them I believe they have the series 2-1.

I feel like if Cleveland won, we'd have a solid shot at # 2. But because Washington won we have a real chance at #1 but also a very real  chance to fall down to #3 or even #4.

I disagree ....Now it is possible to end up 4th , true.

But it a good test. Earn the spot , see what the team can do in must-win games and start the playoffs strong.

If the team ends up 3rd or 4th then there is something wrong !

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2017, 06:26:08 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

To play Spurs,

Yeah, I could see that with those not being nationally televised. I also could see him sitting out the Orlando game before the Boston game, even though it's a home game, since it's a back-to-back, especially if they're really needing a Boston win to stay in first.

Then again, if the worst happens and they lose two to three of the games before the Boston game, even though it's an ESPN game I could very well see Lue resting all of his main guys against us to not give us a late-season look at them before the playoffs. They'd essentially be giving us the number one seed at that point, but I think at that point it'd be a foregone conclusion anyways with how tough their schedule is the last five games.

He's already using the "not wanting to show our defensive schemes before the playoffs" excuse for the Cavs' recent defensive struggles, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them sit guys against us if they feel the number one seed is already pretty a foregone conclusion at that point.

LeBron's secret "defensive schemes" apparently involve dodging any and all criticism so that he can be adored by every single person on the planet.

It is kind of sad.

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2017, 03:56:44 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736

The way I see it, if the Celtics can't handle their business down the stretch of the season then it doesn't matter what seed they get, they're not real competitors. With Washington winning, the Celtics destiny is in their own hands and no one else's. If they're worth the #1 seed, then they'll show it now. If they're not, then this win by Washington won't have mattered.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008