Author Topic: Is Jae Crowder the most underrated player in the league?  (Read 2308 times)

Is Jae Crowder the most underrated player in the league?
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think so.
Crowder is 28th in plus and minus in the NBA.

Re: Is Jae Crowder the most underrated player in the league?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:10:25 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
No. What site are you looking at? ESPN has a site that shows Real plus minus and Amir Johnson is 19th. Clearly he must be the most underrated player!  ::)

My vote would probably go for Jokic. I know hes sort of having a coming into fame year but I think he is legitimately a top 5 player in the league right now. Your average person still has no idea who he is. What he can do passing the ball, posting you up, shooting jumpers, and getting 20+ rebounds is unparalleled.

Other guys that come to mind are Rudy Gobert, Goran Dragic, and Avery Bradley if you must pick someone from the Celtics.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:45 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
No. What site are you looking at? ESPN has a site that shows Real plus minus and Amir Johnson is 19th. Clearly he must be the most underrated player!  ::)

My vote would probably go for Jokic. I know hes sort of having a coming into fame year but I think he is legitimately a top 5 player in the league right now. Your average person still has no idea who he is. What he can do passing the ball, posting you up, shooting jumpers, and getting 20+ rebounds is unparalleled.

Other guys that come to mind are Rudy Gobert, Goran Dragic, and Avery Bradley if you must pick someone from the Celtics.

Jokic is a good answer.  Top 5 right now is crazy talk though, no offense.  Rudy G, Dragic and AB are good suggestions also.  With the way Horford has been dumped on this year, I would consider him the most underrated Celtic though.  I always consider Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry underrated because they aren't flashy players and thus don't get a ton of attention. 

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:18 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if Amir Johnson is ranked that high that explains everything with Celtics fans not seeing things for how they actually are.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 11:49:05 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nba/stats/individual-player-plus-minus-statistics/2016/

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 10:55:10 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Jae rocks it again tonight.
Underrated and under appreciated.

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:24 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

And underpaid.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 12:54:28 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Despite his shooting falling off a bit, Crowder has settled into a great niche for himself since the All Star break.

Watching these rotations I've been trying to figure out why Jerebko fell completely out and aside from Jaylen earning a chunk of that time, the main reason I'd say is that the emergence of Horford as our full time starting 5 has allowed Crowder to play more 4 and get closer to the basket when Amir's out of the game. Horford's big enough that Crowder can function as a 4 without completely giving up our size up front.

Wasn't a huge fan of the idea of Crowder as our 50/40/90, sweet shooting, running mate to IT solely at the 3. It's not who he was at Marquette and it isn't what I envisioned him potentially developing into. This combo 3/4 'constant double double threat who is still deadly from deep' version of Crowder feels way more like the player he was meant to be.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 12:55:35 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
It it crazy to say Lebron is the most underrated player in the NBA?

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nba/stats/individual-player-plus-minus-statistics/2016/

Top 5 player in the league? Blasphemy!

LeBron
 Durant
 Harden
 Westbrook
 Curry
 Leonard
 A Davis
 Irving
 Town's
 Gianni's

That's ten players he is not better than and there is plenty more.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:55 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Rudy Gobert is the most underrated in the league.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 01:21:01 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Top 5 player in the league? Blasphemy!

LeBron
 Durant
 Harden
 Westbrook
 Curry
 Leonard
 A Davis
 Irving
 Town's
 Gianni's

That's ten players he is not better than and there is plenty more.
KG you forgot Lonzo!

;)
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 01:41:50 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It it crazy to say Lebron is the most underrated player in the NBA?
Yes it is