Author Topic: Next Years Roster  (Read 2964 times)

Re: Next Years Roster
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:37 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
What if we traded Bradley, Thomas, Rozier, 2017 BKN 1st, 2018 BOS 1st, 2017 MIN 2nd for George. Waived Zeller and Mickey. Let Olynyk, Green, and Jerebko Walk. Then Signed Hayward to a max. Sign Johnson to a Vet Min and Shelvin Mack using the MLE. Resign Young to a minimum contract with a team option every year. Draft Nigel Hayes at #53 and Luke Kornet at #57.

Smart/Mack/Jackson
Hayward/Brown/Young
George/Crowder/Nader
Johnson/Yabusele/Kornet
Horford/Zizic/Hayes

You'd have a clear cut A, B, and C in George, Hayward and Horford. Your front court looks pretty weak on paper, but I think Crowder/George/Brown would all spend a lot of time at PF. You'd be hoping that Zizic makes the leap immediately and contributes. Jackson, Nader, Kornet, and Hayes can all spend time with the Red Claws. You'd also get extremely long in the back court.

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
If, IF, we were to ever trade IT I think Indy would make a lot of sense.

As the previous poster said, IT could help convince PG to stay and Turner and change would be a nice return for Boston.

Not saying I'm in favor, just a what if scenario.

I'm not sold on it either. It's a logical possibility for me in terms of roster balance, as I stated.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
What if we traded Bradley, Thomas, Rozier, 2017 BKN 1st, 2018 BOS 1st, 2017 MIN 2nd for George. Waived Zeller and Mickey. Let Olynyk, Green, and Jerebko Walk. Then Signed Hayward to a max. Sign Johnson to a Vet Min and Shelvin Mack using the MLE. Resign Young to a minimum contract with a team option every year. Draft Nigel Hayes at #53 and Luke Kornet at #57.

Smart/Mack/Jackson
Hayward/Brown/Young
George/Crowder/Nader
Johnson/Yabusele/Kornet
Horford/Zizic/Hayes

You'd have a clear cut A, B, and C in George, Hayward and Horford. Your front court looks pretty weak on paper, but I think Crowder/George/Brown would all spend a lot of time at PF. You'd be hoping that Zizic makes the leap immediately and contributes. Jackson, Nader, Kornet, and Hayes can all spend time with the Red Claws. You'd also get extremely long in the back court.

That would be a MASSIVE Overpay for a rental (PG13 is an expiring this summer).

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

Smart/Mack/Jackson
Hayward/Brown/Young
George/Crowder/Nader
Johnson/Yabusele/Kornet
Horford/Zizic/Hayes

H 3 L L  No (LOL sorry man, that's just too much and I'm a fanboy for PG13 to Boston)

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Jackson is quickly climbing. By the time the tourney is over Josh Jackson may be the top pick. I still like Tatum but Jackson has been impressive. I just don't think we need Fultz or Ball...IMHO

I hope everyone is enjoying this moment. The fact that we are GUARANTEED one of: Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum. Crazy

Even last year we all had our fingers crossed for a top 2 pick. Granted we turned out ok but this draft is so deep at the top I;m very excited.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 11:27:22 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

Smart/Mack/Jackson
Hayward/Brown/Young
George/Crowder/Nader
Johnson/Yabusele/Kornet
Horford/Zizic/Hayes

Explain why you think this is overpay. I'd be concerned that they wouldn't think it's enough.

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
My understanding is that there will be 17 players on next year's roster.  Is that correct?

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 11:42:06 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
My understanding is that there will be 17 players on next year's roster.  Is that correct?

15 with 2 G League (the new D League) contracts.

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

15 with 2 G League (the new D League) contracts.

Thanks TP.  Do the 2 D League players have to be second round picks in this year's draft?

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Smart/Mack/Jackson
Hayward/Brown/Young
George/Crowder/Nader
Johnson/Yabusele/Kornet
Horford/Zizic/Hayes

Explain why you think this is overpay. I'd be concerned that they wouldn't think it's enough.

It's not an overpay, it is insane.

A possible nº 1 pick, our two best guards and more for a player that may leave after one season. No way. Never ever.

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm a firm believer that to win in today's league you need an elite creator at the point of attack.

I like Horford, Hayward, and George a lot, but none of them is that.

If you trade Thomas, you have to be getting back a guy who can be your primary creator.

Otherwise, you're punting on winning for a few years.

The only way I can see the Celts having a good reason to trade Thomas is if they get the #1 pick in this draft and they decide to give Fultz or Ball a big role from the get-go.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 06:42:04 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
We can't have so much small ball, Crowder playing PF can be played many minutes, but not from the start. So if we can sign Hayward, which I also think we will, changes are needed.

My proposal for 2017-18:

This is too much supposition (which is needed to create a roster for next season), but let's assume we draft 3, our usual bad luck, fall to Cleveland in the ECF in six games and sign Hayward. We draft Ball because team picking #2 picks Jackson.

In order to round our roster, we trade Isaiah Thomas to the Pacers for Miles Turner and two second rounders. We need it after signing Hayward and drafting Ball to balance our team, and they need IT to convince Paul George to extend his contract.

PG: Smart, Ball, Demetrius Jackson
SG: Bradley, Brown, Gerald (minimum)
SF: Hayward, Crowder (Brown), Nader.
PF: Turner, Crowder, Amir (minimum), Yabusele.
C: Horford, Zizic, Mickey.

Our Minny 2nd round pick (38-40) is signed in a two-way contract with Red Claws, and Yabu + D-Jax are usually assigned to play in the D-League. Our two 50+ second rounders are stashed.

Olynyk is let go (a team offers him 20M per year) and Rozier is traded for a future first, lottery protected. Young, Jerebko, Zeller are let go.

Remember, defense wins championships. We are talented in offense and this roster would be a nightmare in D.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think once we renounce Amir (to go after Hayward) we can't resign him. Another thing is, I'm kind of afraid that if we trade IT, then it would be more difficult for Danny to convince Hayward to join us. Having said that, I'm fully on board with the IT for Myles Turner trade.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 06:44:55 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
We can't have so much small ball, Crowder playing PF can be played many minutes, but not from the start. So if we can sign Hayward, which I also think we will, changes are needed.

My proposal for 2017-18:

This is too much supposition (which is needed to create a roster for next season), but let's assume we draft 3, our usual bad luck, fall to Cleveland in the ECF in six games and sign Hayward. We draft Ball because team picking #2 picks Jackson.

In order to round our roster, we trade Isaiah Thomas to the Pacers for Miles Turner and two second rounders. We need it after signing Hayward and drafting Ball to balance our team, and they need IT to convince Paul George to extend his contract.

Our Minny 2nd round pick (38-40) is signed in a two-way contract with Red Claws, and Yabu + D-Jax are usually assigned to play in the D-League. Our two 50+ second rounders are stashed.

Olynyk is let go (a team offers him 20M per year) and Rozier is traded for a future first, lottery protected. Young, Jerebko, Zeller are let go.

Remember, defense wins championships. We are talented in offense and this roster would be a nightmare in D.
Correct me if I am wrong, but once we renounce Amir (to go after Hayward) we can't resign him. Another thing is, I'm kind of afraid that if we trade IT, then it would be more difficult for Danny to convince Hayward to join us. Having said that, I'm fully on board with the IT for Myles Turner trade.

this is incorrect.  We can renounce him and resign him, but only to a minimum contract or the room exception
I'm bitter.

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 06:48:18 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

My proposal for 2017-18:

Correct me if I am wrong, but once we renounce Amir (to go after Hayward) we can't resign him. Another thing is, I'm kind of afraid that if we trade IT, then it would be more difficult for Danny to convince Hayward to join us. Having said that, I'm fully on board with the IT for Myles Turner trade.

this is incorrect.  We can renounce him and resign him, but only to a minimum contract or the room exception
TP! Thanks for the clarification.