Author Topic: Next Years Roster  (Read 2947 times)

Next Years Roster
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:09:56 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

We could dump up to six player's. Young, Green, Amir, Zeller, Jonas, Olynyk

Adding a top three pick, Hayward hopefully, One or two Euro stashes.

2017 Celtics

Horford Zizic
 Crowder Yabu
 Hayward Brown
 Bradley Jackson or Ball
 Thomas Smart

Talent wise that's an incredible ten man rotation, granted time they will need to prosper.

That leaves five spots this team would really need a veteran big. I'd like Jonas for cheap.
 Other players to consider.

Rozier, Mickey, Nader, Jackson plus the Celtics have three second rounders I believe.

How would you finish out that ten man rotation. Tp's for good answers.

Re: Next Years Roster
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:48:24 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd like to add Durant instead of Hayward.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:36:06 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I'm expecting mostly the same roster as this year:

IT/Rozier/Jackson
Bradley/Smart
Crowder/Brown(This may have switched around by the start of the season)/Nader
Horford/KO
AJ/Zizic

I think we let Young and Mickey go, Green probably gets a better contract and I'm not sure that's with us. Zeller moves on unless we decide to sign him to a vet min as the 3rd string big man.

Added to that we'll have the Nets pick, depending on what position they play I could see another big being added in the 2nd round on a 2 way contract. Perhaps we'll try to sign another vet in the mould of Green.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

2017 Celtics

Horford Zizic
 Crowder Yabu
 Hayward Brown
 Bradley Jackson or Ball
 Thomas Smart

Talent wise that's an incredible ten man rotation, granted time they will need to prosper.

That leaves five spots this team would really need a veteran big. I'd like Jonas for cheap.

Rozier, Mickey, Nader, Jackson plus the Celtics have three second rounders I believe.

If Fultz is available, its gonna be Fultz.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
We can't have so much small ball, Crowder playing PF can be played many minutes, but not from the start. So if we can sign Hayward, which I also think we will, changes are needed.

My proposal for 2017-18:

This is too much supposition (which is needed to create a roster for next season), but let's assume we draft 3, our usual bad luck, fall to Cleveland in the ECF in six games and sign Hayward. We draft Ball because team picking #2 picks Jackson.

In order to round our roster, we trade Isaiah Thomas to the Pacers for Miles Turner and two second rounders. We need it after signing Hayward and drafting Ball to balance our team, and they need IT to convince Paul George to extend his contract.

PG: Smart, Ball, Demetrius Jackson
SG: Bradley, Brown, Gerald (minimum)
SF: Hayward, Crowder (Brown), Nader.
PF: Turner, Crowder, Amir (minimum), Yabusele.
C: Horford, Zizic, Mickey.

Our Minny 2nd round pick (38-40) is signed in a two-way contract with Red Claws, and Yabu + D-Jax are usually assigned to play in the D-League. Our two 50+ second rounders are stashed.

Olynyk is let go (a team offers him 20M per year) and Rozier is traded for a future first, lottery protected. Young, Jerebko, Zeller are let go.

Remember, defense wins championships. We are talented in offense and this roster would be a nightmare in D.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We can't have so much small ball, Crowder playing PF can be played many minutes, but not from the start. So if we can sign Hayward, which I also think we will, changes are needed.

My proposal for 2017-18:

This is too much supposition (which is needed to create a roster for next season), but let's assume we draft 3, our usual bad luck, fall to Cleveland in the ECF in six games and sign Hayward. We draft Ball because team picking #2 picks Jackson.

In order to round our roster, we trade Isaiah Thomas to the Pacers for Miles Turner and two second rounders. We need it after signing Hayward and drafting Ball to balance our team, and they need IT to convince Paul George to extend his contract.

Our Minny 2nd round pick (38-40) is signed in a two-way contract with Red Claws, and Yabu + D-Jax are usually assigned to play in the D-League. Our two 50+ second rounders are stashed.

Olynyk is let go (a team offers him 20M per year) and Rozier is traded for a future first, lottery protected. Young, Jerebko, Zeller are let go.

Remember, defense wins championships. We are talented in offense and this roster would be a nightmare in D.

Maybe I'm crazy, but no way on earth we trade IT for Miles Turner. I know IT is on last year of contract, but we do everything we can to sign him to a new deal. Yes, IT is a max player, I don't care if he is 4'9", he just is.  He consistently makes big shots, he's still quite young, he has earned every penny of a max deal. That would be a trade that would haunt Danny for a long, long time.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

2017 Celtics

Horford Zizic
 Crowder Yabu
 Hayward Brown
 Bradley Jackson or Ball
 Thomas Smart

I believe this is what we may be looking at if we get a top 2 pick.

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

My proposal for 2017-18:

Maybe I'm crazy, but no way on earth we trade IT for Miles Turner. I know IT is on last year of contract, but we do everything we can to sign him to a new deal. Yes, IT is a max player, I don't care if he is 4'9", he just is.  He consistently makes big shots, he's still quite young, he has earned every penny of a max deal. That would be a trade that would haunt Danny for a long, long time.
there is also no way the Pacers trade Turner for Thomas.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 09:51:02 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
If, IF, we were to ever trade IT I think Indy would make a lot of sense.

As the previous poster said, IT could help convince PG to stay and Turner and change would be a nice return for Boston.

Not saying I'm in favor, just a what if scenario.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 10:10:49 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

As the previous poster said, IT could help convince PG to stay and Turner and change would be a nice return for Boston.

If we will land Fultz , I rather we move Smart than IT.

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179

If we will land Fultz , I rather we move Smart than IT.

I think the idea behind trading IT is that you avoid paying him the large max contract while simultaneously getting a little younger.  Smart would line up with the other young guys and not require as big a deal, plus Boston's brass LOVE him.  I think they love IT too, so who knows what would happen.

If the C's keep winning, IT keeps playing well, and they add someone in free agency I expect to see the brinks truck in Boston.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

My proposal for 2017-18:

there is also no way the Pacers trade Turner for Thomas.

Are you saying Turner is a more valuable player than IT? Because that's not true in my opinion. Turner is nice but IT is the #2 scorer in the NBA.

If we did trade IT however, it wouldn't be for Turner and scraps. We'd probably get better offers elsewhere (assuming he's re-signed to a 4 year max deal.)
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:48 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
This feels like a 2 year process to get our roster set up where we compete and make our best effort for a championship for a sustained period.

We improve this offseason with addition of Gordon Hayward and Brooklyn Pick. Next season we use the redundancy we have in our roster + Brooklyn 2018 pick to fill in gaps (big man).

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Jackson is quickly climbing. By the time the tourney is over Josh Jackson may be the top pick. I still like Tatum but Jackson has been impressive. I just don't think we need Fultz or Ball...IMHO

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:17 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I should also state that I am enjoying this season and feel like we have an oppty to make a deep run this year (ECF).