Who would you prefer Rivers or Stevens as Celtics coach

Stevens
72 (92.3%)
River's
3 (3.8%)
A lepracauan
3 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Poll: Who would you prefer as C's coach Rivers or B.S.  (Read 2379 times)

Poll: Who would you prefer as C's coach Rivers or B.S.
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:05:02 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Someone commented about should we sign Rivers if he became a free agent coach. I just want to make sure everyone's on board that Stevens is the superior coach so let's see a 95% pull here fellas.

Re: Poll: Who would you prefer as C's coach Rivers or B.S.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Stevens all day, every day.

Hope he stays in Boston a long long time!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Brad Stevens and it's not even close.

Flop Rivers is a joke.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:42 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
seriously???  ****

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Doc's been a tough read out there. Hasn't met expectations, but he's dealt with a lot of injuries.

And did anyone see this article on Chris Paul's hands? https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/sports/chris-paul-clippers-los-angeles-hands.html. Between him and Griffin you have to think it's downhill from here on out.

But anyway, no question for right now I'll stick with Stevens. I think we will learn more about him this spring, as we should be favored to get to the ECF, and anything less than that may raise questions. But he's talented, he's hungry, he seems to get along with DA and he could very well be a championship-level coach.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Why would you ruin this current team's chemistry by bringing back an overrated coach?

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 11:10:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is this a serious poll? Even Rivers will vote for CBS.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 11:56:44 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
What I like about BS is how cool he is on the floor, and only flips once in great while. Doc use to jump up and down flopping his arms around when he got bad calls. I think this gets BS more respect, when he's p---ed about a call, the refs don't roll their eyes about it.

Same in the locker room. I remember it was either last season of the one before. They had a horrible first half, and the look on Stevens face was he was going to eats some ones face off. Second half they stepped up and rolled over who ever they played. After the game all the players commented about Stevens ripping them a new one, and yelling, like they've never been yelled at before.

That sicks out, when you have some one always flipping out about the smallest of things, players, and refs tend to drown them out, and you get little results from it.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 12:15:25 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Brad Stevens has taken a team with no superstars to within one game of Cleveland.
Doc Rivers took a team with three Hall of Famers and only won one title.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 12:51:57 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Brad Stevens has taken a team with no superstars to within one game of Cleveland.
Doc Rivers took a team with three Hall of Famers and only won one title.

Part of Doc Rivers' success was carried by Tom Thibs, who was a defensive guru and took the Bulls to deep playoff runs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 01:04:32 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Id rather Brad as well, but I think Doc has become a bit overhated on this board.

He wont a coty award in Orlando. The award itself isnt too too meaningful but still.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 01:07:35 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Id take Doc on as an assistant coach

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 03:09:25 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Id rather Brad as well, but I think Doc has become a bit overhated on this board.

He wont a coty award in Orlando. The award itself isnt too too meaningful but still.

He never took that T-mac led Magic to a 50+ win team and was always bounced in the first round. They also choked a 3-1 lead against the Pistons.

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 04:22:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I don't know about you guys, but this poll is a surprising one to me. Not even a legit question, just a breeze of nostalgia. Although sentiments are to be respected.
Realistically - Stevens has a young clay-like flexible brain, he is a v4.3 of an NBA coach. Communicative and progressive, willing to try new stuff, with no baggage, ex-player biases or relationships went wrong, always positive and building around his surroundings, more like a woman type of a brain, IMO, looking for only for a win/win scenarios, gathering talent around him and slowly but surely netting results. His late game ATOs are lucid and those are huge in the endgame. Doc is an old school dude, child of the 80ies and 90ies, he has got to v3.6, but his motherboard doesn't allow any future updates, I think it is the production date. Nowadays, a good coach that will be remembered by his his glory days with us and an O.K. coach/subpar GM for the Clips.
Worth noting, he wanted to leave us, we were gentlemen and obliged, he had some value and a reasonable contract, and we got Žižić in return.
I'd rather have Ante (and that's a long way from Brad) than Doc. Is anyone thinking differently?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:40:02 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 07:20:05 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
I don't know about you guys, but this poll is a surprising one to me. Not even a legit question, just a breeze of nostalgia. Although sentiments are to be respected.
Realistically - Stevens has a young clay-like flexible brain, he is a v4.3 of an NBA coach. Communicative and progressive, willing to try new stuff, with no baggage, ex-player biases or relationships went wrong, always positive and building around his surroundings, more like a woman type of a brain, IMO, looking for only for a win/win scenarios, gathering talent around him and slowly but surely netting results. His late game ATOs are lucid and those are huge in the endgame. Doc is an old school dude, child of the 80ies and 90ies, he has got to v3.6, but his motherboard doesn't allow any future updates, I think it is the production date. Nowadays, a good coach that will be remembered by his his glory days with us and an O.K. coach/subpar GM for the Clips.
Worth noting, he wanted to leave us, we were gentlemen and obliged, he had some value and a reasonable contract, and we got Žižić in return.
I'd rather have Ante (and that's a long way from Brad) than Doc. Is anyone thinking differently?

I agree with you, except RJ is what we got from Doc, not Zizic. Ante is our own pick, while Yabu is from Mavs and Jaylen is from the Nets.