Author Topic: Cornbread Maxwell has lost his mind...  (Read 6080 times)

Re: Cornbread Maxwell has lost his mind...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
On CSN Sports Tonight---He just stated, that he would trade the No. 1 Pick for Paul Millsap.

What an Idiot.

Was just watching that and came right to the board to see how you guys were reacting.

He doesn't think the Celtics could get more than PAUL MILLSAP for the #1 overall pick? Even if they fell to #4 I wouldn't do that deal.

Insanity.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
On CSN Sports Tonight---He just stated, that he would trade the No. 1 Pick for Paul Millsap.

What an Idiot.

Was just watching that and came right to the board to see how you guys were reacting.

He doesn't think the Celtics could get more than PAUL MILLSAP for the #1 overall pick? Even if they fell to #4 I wouldn't do that deal.

Insanity.

So I've been thinking about how the current CBA has affected the value of various trade assets. Expiring contracts were a bigger deal when contracts were longer and there were no stretch provisions to minimize cap hit from cut or bought out players.

Shorter contracts have limited the trade value of star players. Fewer years under contract means less value, since the player could walk sooner.

A first round pick has elevated in value due to 1) contract $ low relative to cap, and 2) potentially many years of control, plus 3) greater ability to retain even beyond RFA, and then if the guy can ply in the early years, jackpot!  So high picks are more than gold. Platinum?  Bacon?

Danny lucked out by stockpiling picks in such a market, and seems to have figured out that the smart money says make the pick and see what happens.

Edit:  no chance Max is ever a GM, but if he ever is, I hope Danny is on the phone right away.

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I still say the only Paul I would trade the #1 pick for and never look back is Paul George.

I think it is an extreme overpay for one year. Unless he agrees to an extension as part of the deal no way do I give up the 1st pick.

Oh no doubt...make sure PG13 would agree to a long term deal first.

I'm having serious doubts about why the C's need either Fultz or Ball. Do they feel Josh Jackson could be better than Butler or PG13 is the real question in my humble opinion.

Sign IT
Sign AB
Trade #1, Zeller and Crowder for PG13

DO NOT offer Smart or Brown because Bird isn't working from a position of strength and his best deal is the deal Ainge offers or run the risk of PG13 walking away for nothing close to the #1 pick.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 01:05:14 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

What an Idiot.

Insanity.

So I've been thinking about how the current CBA has affected the value of various trade assets. Expiring contracts were a bigger deal when contracts were longer and there were no stretch provisions to minimize cap hit from cut or bought out players.

Shorter contracts have limited the trade value of star players. Fewer years under contract means less value, since the player could walk sooner.

A first round pick has elevated in value due to 1) contract $ low relative to cap, and 2) potentially many years of control, plus 3) greater ability to retain even beyond RFA, and then if the guy can ply in the early years, jackpot!  So high picks are more than gold. Platinum?  Bacon?

Danny lucked out by stockpiling picks in such a market, and seems to have figured out that the smart money says make the pick and see what happens.

Edit:  no chance Max is ever a GM, but if he ever is, I hope Danny is on the phone right away.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

That pick is worth a ton in this draft, with (hopefully) multiple franchise altering talents.

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I still say the only Paul I would trade the #1 pick for and never look back is Paul George.

Maybe Chris Paul too.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Maybe Chris Paul too.

I can't believe you guys missed the clear OBVIOUS answer.

Paul Pierce.  8) :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 03:17:52 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Maybe Chris Paul too.

Paul Bunyan too, but i dont think Minnesota will give him up. Would be nice to have him on the rebounding effort though
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 03:31:24 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Clearly, Maxwell sustained too many blows to the head in his illustrious HOF career.

Oh, wait.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Maybe Chris Paul too.

Paul Bunyan too, but i dont think Minnesota will give him up. Would be nice to have him on the rebounding effort though

Bangor might be willing to make a trade, however.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2017, 03:35:31 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Wow, im so embarrassed.  And he's the "color" guy.  The guy who knows "insider" information about the league and it's inner workings. 

God awful analysis and he's paid to give it.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Wow, im so embarrassed.  And he's the "color" guy.  The guy who knows "insider" information about the league and it's inner workings. 

God awful analysis and he's paid to give it.

It's not because of his brilliant analytical skills, but rather the fact that he was lucky enough to be on a team with Larry Bird that won multiple championships.

But, yeah, it is a little embarrassing - hopefully this line of thought doesn't get outside of the Boston Metro area.

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2017, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

What an Idiot.

Insanity.

Chuckle. Yeah.

Max would make McHale look like Jerry Krause.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Funny thread......Paul Millsap ...ahahaha.

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

What an Idiot.

Yikes.
I'd rather have Josh Jackson.

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Meh, Elijah Millsap makes more sense to me, but I respect Cedric's judgment.  Make it happen, Ainge.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC