Author Topic: Paul George "Envies" Celtics Chemistry  (Read 5720 times)

Re: Paul George "Envies" Celtics Chemistry
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 09:49:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He is a Faker fan for life..
Let him rot with em.

So was Paul Pierce.

Yup. Pierce grew up an LA boy, Lakers fan. One of the greatest Celtics ever.
One thing to be drafted.
PG (may)have the option to pick where he want to play.
Let's just hope he decides to come here, assuming we can sign him  ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
PG13 sure would look good in Green. Imagine we could add him without losing any current roster players? Legit championship contention...that's how close we are.

I don't want to think ahead to offseason because I'm enjoying this season too much. But,
I wonder what Ainge is thinking with the draft. It is highly unlikely Ainge trades the Brooklyn picks given the command some of the max targets would take (rumor of Brooklyn '17 + 3 of Brown/Smart/Crowder/Bradley for PG13). I wonder if a package of both Brooklyn picks + Amir Johnson + Rozier/Yabusele would work? Tough pill to swallow but Indy gets 2 lottery picks plus a fine young guard in Rozier and we get a superstar without losing any roster rotation guys.

Without a trade, we could be looking at building redundancy on the current roster through the draft given the package it would likely take to land a strategic target.

We just have to convince 1 more free agent to join the movement. And figure out roster adjustments to accommodate from a budgetary perspective.

There are 4 potentially moving parts this coming offseason to free up cap space:
Kelly Olynyk (I hated him until the last month)
Jonas Jerebko (could live without)
Amir Johnson (increasingly becoming I'd like to retain)
Gerald Green (could live without)

Love this team...

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
How do we get him without losing any roster players?

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
We don't...hence the word "imagine". LOL It's good to dream...

Although from Indy's perspective, my trade package is a solid return for a guy who has 1 year remaining on his contract (2 Brooklyn picks + Rozier + Johnson). 2 lottery picks and a solid young guard. I'm not sure Danny agrees to it but from my POV (for what it's worth) this is the type of deal where you cash in assets without losing a step in terms of current roster which I think he and everyone has struggled with (adding a player is nice but what do we lose in order to do so)...

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Depends how you define "any."  But if you want to keep the primary rotation (including Amir but not Jerebko or Zeller) you convince the Pacers to take only the 2017 Nets pick, resign Amir for no more than $10 million, release/renounce Jerebko/Zeller, officially complete the George trade using cap room, then re-sign Olynyk.  This would let you add George to the current rotation without losing any regulars.

The downside is that the following summer you have IT, Bradley, Smart, and George (and maybe Amir if you only signed him to another short deal) all hitting free agency at the same time, so you only get such a roster for a single season.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Although from Indy's perspective, my trade package is a solid return for a guy who has 1 year remaining on his contract (2 Brooklyn picks + Rozier + Johnson). 2 lottery picks and a solid young guard. I'm not sure Danny agrees to it but from my POV (for what it's worth) this is the type of deal where you cash in assets without losing a step in terms of current roster which I think he and everyone has struggled with (adding a player is nice but what do we lose in order to do so)...

Sorry but that is an EXTREME overpay for a one year player.

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
This trade would be contingent on PG13 signing longer term. We don't make this move without this commitment.

Sorry but that is an EXTREME overpay for a one year player.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
TP Saltlover...

Depends how you define "any."  But if you want to keep the primary rotation (including Amir but not Jerebko or Zeller) you convince the Pacers to take only the 2017 Nets pick, resign Amir for no more than $10 million, release/renounce Jerebko/Zeller, officially complete the George trade using cap room, then re-sign Olynyk.  This would let you add George to the current rotation without losing any regulars.

The downside is that the following summer you have IT, Bradley, Smart, and George (and maybe Amir if you only signed him to another short deal) all hitting free agency at the same time, so you only get such a roster for a single season.

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Maybe he has been watch the team the Lakers have, the team he is currently on and is really asking himself "Do I really want to put myself through the misery of that rebuild?"

We can hope that's the case.

If he demands a trade then his price also lowers near draft day
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Bird signing Stephenson to a 3 year deal at this time of year may have a subtle meaning to it. Why sign LS to this type of deal when he could barely get a job earlier in the year?

I think Bird is preparing to either trade PG13 this offseason or is letting him walk.

I just thought that was an interesting move right after PG13 complained last night.

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bird signing Stephenson to a 3 year deal at this time of year may have a subtle meaning to it. Why sign LS to this type of deal when he could barely get a job earlier in the year?

I think Bird is preparing to either trade PG13 this offseason or is letting him walk.

I just thought that was an interesting move right after PG13 complained last night.

Sir Lance and George were good buddies, at least up until the summer that he left for Charlotte and ET came here.

That bloody fistfight that Sir Lance and ET had in a practice prior to a playoff game that year was over Sir Lance defending George and banging Hibbert mercilessly about Hibbert being butt-sore over George banging Hibbert's girlfriend.

If George and Sir Lance are still good friends, maybe it's not about PG leaving but about trying to get him some "help" and appease him.

Could be either, I guess. 

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
LET'S GO CELTICS!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 10:43:23 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Welcome back, Lep......TP.

Long time, no post.

Back for awhile, I hope!!

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 11:05:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
One day Paul George will put his favorite jersey on, then he will just hop into his car, put some nice tune on and drive himself to Boston. GPS will drive him straight to the TD garden and just in time for the pregame warmup. He already has his Celtic jersey on, so he...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:28:26 PM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."