Author Topic: DeAndre Ayton thread  (Read 24799 times)

Re: DeAndre Ayton thread
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
DeAndre Ayton vs UNLV

28 Points, 10 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 1 Steal, 3 Blocks

https://youtu.be/d3pp6PShLJc

What you miss in the highlights is that Brandon McCoy goes for 33 and 10, 13-17 shooting.   He's same age and size as Ayton, mocked mid first round by Tankathon.  Gotta play some D DA.

I havent sat down to watch the game yet so Im not going to comment on the particulars. I will say this, Those two know each other very well. They were teammates on PSA Cardinals. They have practiced against each other often. As a back to the basket player Ayton is still raw and so is his man D there all things that can get better.

Where can you watch the game?  I don't see it on YouTube or Google video search.

I have the game on DVR. Having watched him now 3 times since he has been at AZ (You can watch his game from last night on ESPN) I will probably wait a few weeks to watch it. I dont want to flood my eval with too many early season games. Not much has changed with him so far other than he is not spending as much time at the 3pt line as he has in the past.

Thanks, A&M vs Arizona, Robert Williams vs Ayton- should be good.

NP. Depending on how much time you have or how much work you really want to do on him, I would go back and watch his HS games before you watch the A&M or any of his other college games. Gives you an idea on growth of the player, problems within a system, how he plays with other talented players.

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
DeAndre Ayton vs UNLV

What you miss in the highlights is that Brandon McCoy goes for 33 and 10, 13-17 shooting.   He's same age and size as Ayton, mocked mid first round by Tankathon.  Gotta play some D DA.

I havent sat down to watch the game yet so Im not going to comment on the particulars. I will say this, Those two know each other very well. They were teammates on PSA Cardinals. They have practiced against each other often. As a back to the basket player Ayton is still raw and so is his man D there all things that can get better.

Where can you watch the game?  I don't see it on YouTube or Google video search.

I have the game on DVR. Having watched him now 3 times since he has been at AZ (You can watch his game from last night on ESPN) I will probably wait a few weeks to watch it. I dont want to flood my eval with too many early season games. Not much has changed with him so far other than he is not spending as much time at the 3pt line as he has in the past.

NP. Depending on how much time you have or how much work you really want to do on him, I would go back and watch his HS games before you watch the A&M or any of his other college games. Gives you an idea on growth of the player, problems within a system, how he plays with other talented players.

TP, thanks.  Can I find full HS games on Youtube?  Any recommendations on what to search beyond 'DeAndre Ayton full game high school' to find the best content for scouting purposes? 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 01:37:09 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
DeAndre Ayton vs UNLV

TP, thanks.  Can I find full HS games on Youtube?  Any recommendations on what to search beyond 'DeAndre Ayton full game high school' to find the best content for scouting purposes?

Yes look for any games over the last 2 years that say PSA Cardinals. Look up the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit. Look up 2016 Elite 24. Look up Hillcrest vs Westtown 2017. If you can dig into ESPN they might have a few of his games including the ones I mentioned. I will try and think of a few more but those should give you a baseline of the player  before you see what he has done at AZ.

At least that's how I look at players that Im really interested in.

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
DeAndre Ayton vs UNLV

Yes look for any games over the last 2 years that say PSA Cardinals. Look up the 2016 Nike Hoop Summit. Look up 2016 Elite 24. Look up Hillcrest vs Westtown 2017. If you can dig into ESPN they might have a few of his games including the ones I mentioned. I will try and think of a few more but those should give you a baseline of the player  before you see what he has done at AZ.

At least that's how I look at players that Im really interested in.

This is more than enough, you're the man.  Sending over the TP I forgot to actually click on after my last post...

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 02:23:37 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I dislike his small hands. That just limits his ability to catch the ball in general. He will spend a lot of his time in the crowd. Be it finishing around the rim, or grabing boards, so it is even more vital.
Maybe I am overeacting, but can he palm the ball?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If we get 4 or 5 pick we will be lucky.... the sac pick is more probable

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I dislike his small hands. That just limits his ability to catch the ball in general. He will spend a lot of his time in the crowd. Be it finishing around the rim, or grabing boards, so it is even more vital.
yes you are overreacting. His hands are fine.

In fact, his hands are quite good and often cited as a strength for Ayton.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 03:24:26 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Wait what is this based on? I have seen this guy play close to a dozen times now and have never gotten that impression. In fact in my view, one of his top 3 strengths is his ability to go up and snatch the ball.

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
DeAndre Ayton vs UNLV

Holy jeez, I’m 3 minutes into the game and Bill Walton and Dave Pasch or whoever are absolutely at each other’s throats. Never heard anything like it.

Do these Watch Espn replays only stay online for one day after they’re broadcast live?

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Bill Walton: “we’re always on a bike trip”
Dave Pasch: “remove ‘bike’ from that sentence... and you are correct...”

Bill Walton: “how do they call a foul on that play?”
Dave Pasch: “when there’s tripping they usually call it”

Bill Walton: “there’s Ayton, and you’re the guy who said he was no good.”
Dave Pasch: “I didn’t say that! You’re bringing up guys from 30 years ago.”

Dave Pasch: “nice defense by A&M”
Bill Walton: “oh please!”
I started typing the first exchange and never stopped typing until just now, that all happened in like 2 minutes. And they are interrupting each other at every opportunity.

Is anyone else seeing this? Arizona vs A&M on Watch ESPN replays. 

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Moses Malone, arguably one of the top 5 rebounders in the history of the NBA, had small hands, relative to his height.  Who cares if he can palm the ball? It's about the hunger for the ball that matters in rebounding.

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I started typing the first exchange and never stopped typing until just now, that all happened in like 2 minutes. And they are interrupting each other at every opportunity.

Hopefully the broadcast is still available tonight.  I’ll check it out.  Sounds hilarious!

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2017, 06:04:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ayton or Sexton are the two Danny is eyeing imo

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The one thing Ayton has going against him is his lack of consistent effort prior to college ball.

He has been putting up a better effort in college and needs continue this for the rest of the season

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2017, 11:58:30 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Hopefully the broadcast is still available tonight.  I’ll check it out.  Sounds hilarious!

Were you able to check it out? The middle two quotes might have a small piece of the exchange missing cuz they were trading barbs faster than I could type on my phone, but I got it pretty close.

I think the producers finally wrangled them under control about halfway thru the first half, for the most part, but those 10 minutes of game clock time were crazy. I watched them twice and basically couldn’t focus on Ayton or the game at all. But it was worth it. I guess Pasch was PO’d that Walton didn’t remember him from broadcasting the NBA in the past, and Walton wasn’t too sorry about it.