Author Topic: Mohammed Bamba Thread  (Read 5408 times)

Mohammed Bamba Thread
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:34:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Mr Bamba has a seven foot ten inch wingspan. It makes me wonder when we will see an 8 ft wingspan. Then 9 and eventually there will be a ten foot Wingspan. Crazy.

Remember inspector gadget. I want to know what his max Wingspan was cause these dudes are coming for him.

To all you six foot something guys out there. Do you think you could have played in the NBA at around 6'2" with a 7'10" Wingspan? probably not but my defense would have been ill lol.

My favorite prospects in the 2018 draft right now are Michael Porter, Ayton, Luka, then probably this freak of nature. Very raw but have a look, we could use those arms on our team.

Coach K had an Evil grin when he came to scout Bamba shown in this video.

https://youtu.be/2V-LvifnwhA
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:44:08 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Mohammed Bamba Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:55:46 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Mo Bamba is my favorite player for us in the class. Definitely still think that DeAndre Ayton is the superior talent but Bamba has the perfect skill set to stick next to Horford. Be it Isaiah or Fultz leading the charge, Steven's system points to our offense being focused around a guard heavy offensive attack so from 5 Spot what we really need is length, defense, and rebounding.

I admit I know very little about Deandre Ayton but from the footage that I've seen he tends to dog it at times and can exhibit poor body language. Every second I've seen of Bamba has shown a quiet intensity, and from the sound of it he's a really intelligent kid who had test scores and grades that qualified him for Harvard.

Let's get through 2017 before worrying about 2018, but for now I'm starting to warm up the Bamba Bus.

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 03:56:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Mr Bamba has a seven foot ten inch wingspan. It makes me wonder when we will see an 8 ft wingspan. Then 9 and eventually there will be a ten foot Wingspan. Crazy.

Remember inspector gadget. I want to know what his max Wingspan was cause these dudes are coming for him.

To all you six foot something guys out there. Do you think you could have played in the NBA at around 6'2" with a 7'10" Wingspan? probably not but my defense would have been ill lol.

My favorite prospects in the 2018 draft right now are Michael Porter, Ayton, Luka, then probably this freak of nature. Very raw but have a look, we could use those arms on our team.

There's already a guy with an 8 foot wingspan-Kevin McHale
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 08:15:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

It was long but i doubt it was 8

Maybe 7'6, 7'7 like rodman

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:42 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-most-impressive-wingspans-in-nba-history/
McHale is 2nd in the list
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Manute Bol is #1 on that list at 8'6.  Tacko Fall is 7'6 with an 8'4 wingspan, 10'5 standing reach.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:53 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Urban legend in that link.

McHale did not have an 8' wingspan, c'mon.

I remember Bill Russell once said that he and Kevin once stood next to each other, and they were the same exact height, and had the same exact wingspan. 

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Man, our future is bright. The 2018 draft class should have some long studs at the top. Here's hoping Nets continue to cooperate.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 10:54:49 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Man, our future is bright. The 2018 draft class should have some long studs at the top. Here's hoping Nets continue to cooperate.

Here's hoping they strike out on the RFA's this summer like they did last summer. Last time it was Tyler Johnson and Allen Crabbe. This summer they're probably going to go after Otto Porter, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and maybe even Kelly to stick it to us.

They've got some decent UFA options to try to overpay guys to come there like George Hill, Derrick Rose, and Tyreke Evans.

Porter and KCP probably aren't going anywhere, but if the Nets got Kelly and George Hill that could probably be the difference between 4-5 lotto spots, especially since they have no incentive to late season tank.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 01:18:53 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I have seen both Bamba and Porter play 2 or 3 games and Ayton play about 6 or 7 times. Ayton has the highest upside but lack of a post game, the body language, the hot and cold motor are a concern to me. One thing that really struck me that I did not like was that he turned down an invite to return the the Nike Hoop Summit. After last year's showing I would have thought he would come back and shown fit.

We will see with him.

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Here's hoping they strike out on the RFA's this summer like they did last summer. Last time it was Tyler Johnson and Allen Crabbe. This summer they're probably going to go after Otto Porter, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and maybe even Kelly to stick it to us.

They've got some decent UFA options to try to overpay guys to come there like George Hill, Derrick Rose, and Tyreke Evans.

Porter and KCP probably aren't going anywhere, but if the Nets got Kelly and George Hill that could probably be the difference between 4-5 lotto spots, especially since they have no incentive to late season tank.
Utah's got to max Hill dont they?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Bamba has no left hand.  That will work on the HS level but he'll need to develop that hand at the next levels.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Bamba is one of those prospects who will be one-and-done because he's got too much upside for teams to pass on, but really would thrive with two seasons in college.  His body needs an extra year before he's pro -- 7 feet tall and barely over 200 pounds?  And he's got a lot to work on in his game too.

Of course, if he comes out in 2019 we can't draft him...

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Utah's got to max Hill dont they?

He's missed a few too many games the past three seasons to max at age 31, in my opinion.  He'll get paid a lot, I think, but probably under a max.  I think somewhere between $22-25 million a year.

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 04:14:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

triboy, you owe a tp or two to Somebody. mchale indeed did have an 8' wingspan. check this out:

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-most-impressive-wingspans-in-nba-history/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva