Author Topic: Lebron feels rest memo from Silver all about him  (Read 2739 times)

Re: Lebron feels rest memo from Silver all about him
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Fact is Cavs plain suck with LeBron sitting on the bench.   Irving or not .....or Love ......Cavs stumble like heck when LeBron sits .  Oh they might pull off an ocassional effort without him.  The team is built to surround and playoff everything he does.  When he is out , the team looks lost . Only Irving shows up. ...
and he plays way too much too. .....to me

It's to the point tat LeBron had to stay on the court a minimum of 39-42 minutes this year or his team falls flat on its face .

If Bron played 28-32 minutes they would be in about 3-4 place in the East.

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 08:05:11 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I've heard Lebron feels that the Hack-a-Shaq rule was implemented because of him

Bird Rights too
Yup

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 08:10:55 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I've heard Lebron feels that the Hack-a-Shaq rule was implemented because of him

Bird Rights too

Lol

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Of course he does. It's always about him.

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The memo is a lot about LeBron.  The NBA signed a huge TV deal.  This gives the league a lot of money, about half of which goes to the players.  If top players are sitting out these marquee games in the final stretch of the season, when they're fighting for playoff positioning and not going up against the NFL, the networks that paid $24 billion are going to be rightfully mad, since ratings will drop, and thus ad revenue will drop.  And as LeBron is still the highest rating magnet, it matters when he (and the rest of his team) sits for a prime time game against another star-heavy team in the Clippers.

The NBA is helping this problem a little bit next year by cutting down on some of the pre-season, thus starting the regular season earlier, allowing for fewer back-to-backs.  What they should also do is not schedule a team for back-to-back national games.  If someone wants a rest day on a back-to-back, fine, just don't do it during the national game.  The Warriors have a back-to-back at the Rockets and Spurs next week, and both are nationally televised.  The Rockets have one later that week at Portland and Golden State.  The Celtics have one the following week vs. Cleveland and Atlanta.  The Hawks go straight from our nationally televised to playing at Cleveland nationally the next day.

If you want high quality games on your national broadcasts, don't ask teams to load up on high intensity games at the end of the season.
TP for several great points