Author Topic: Ball or Jackson- Whose Stock Rises Most in Next 2 Weeks?  (Read 3857 times)

Re: Ball or Jackson- Whose Stock Rises Most in Next 2 Weeks?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 01:31:39 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jackson's stock will rose more, because Kansas will advance further.

I imagine you're right that Kansas goes further, but don't you think Ball will get more credit if he beats 2 seed Kentucky and lights up Fox than Jackson would get for advancing to the final 4 as a 1 seed?

I don't think UCLA beats Kentucky, which is part of my point, and I think Fox causes him a lot of trouble in their head-to-head matchup.

And Jackson has opportunities to look really good when he's matched up against Swanigan, which he can win on both ends of the court.

Fox causing Ball a lot of trouble proved to be an understatement.

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 01:45:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ball may not be able to step on yo a weak team like Fultz had and do anything . 

Fultz might have lead UCLA to a win tonight .   

Ball is not tuff ,  he avoided contact and did not take over game in any way .

Ball ......over rated when matched up with quick , long , tall , NBA type players

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 03:06:40 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Jackson's stock will rose more, because Kansas will advance further.

I imagine you're right that Kansas goes further, but don't you think Ball will get more credit if he beats 2 seed Kentucky and lights up Fox than Jackson would get for advancing to the final 4 as a 1 seed?

I don't think UCLA beats Kentucky, which is part of my point, and I think Fox causes him a lot of trouble in their head-to-head matchup.

And Jackson has opportunities to look really good when he's matched up against Swanigan, which he can win on both ends of the court.

Fox causing Ball a lot of trouble proved to be an understatement.

Yup, as predicted:

Really looking forward to the game on Friday.  He'll be going against the most talented team he's played in the tournament in Kentucky, and he'll be guarded by Fox who is more athletic than he is.  I have the most Q's about Ball of any top 4 prospect but still think he could end up the best.

Ball has played plenty of talented backcourt's this season, Washington (Fultz), USC, Oregon, Arizona and even Kentucky.  He hasn't looked overmatched in any of them that I've seen.

Agreed, but he played Kentucky awhile ago and they start 3 freshman, who I think have made strides since then. I'm specifically interested in the Fox matchup due to Fox's speed and athleticism. I want to see what Lonzo can do offensively besides his step back / deep 3s.

If Kansas or Kentucky take the chip I am gonna clean up...
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 07:22:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

This is funny as heck.  He could not even lead his team to a .500 record.   Man, thanks for the laugh, your hysterical.

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 07:53:29 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

This is funny as heck.  He could not even lead his team to a .500 record.   Man, thanks for the laugh, your hysterical.

UCLA without Ball is still a tournament team.

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 08:05:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Ball is the laugh ,  do you even watch with open eyes ....LOLs ....bad ha ....Fultz had zero help on his team, a weak nothing team.  If Ball was on Washington , they would have been even worse.  your kidding me , after last nights joke ......Fultz is clearly the better player. Laugh is on you dude.

Smh......you are  a funny boy

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Ball had off game particularly from 3 point line. Didn't feel it had anything to do with Fox. Fox played great.

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 08:44:46 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
after last nights joke ......Fultz is clearly the better player.

I think Fultz is a better prospect, but it's unfair to judge on just one game.

Fultz has struggled against good opponents at times, too. 34.8% shooting against Arizona. 38.5% shooting against Gonzaga. He even sucked when playing Western Kentucky, hitting 21.4% of his shots.

One game means nothing. These are young kids, and occasionally they're going to struggle.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes