Author Topic: Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward  (Read 6455 times)

Re: Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
It4, hayward, horford and pg13 cap wise is nearly impossible (in a year or two)

Lets see what IT4, Hayward, Horford, Josh Jackson, Jaylen Brown can do  :laugh:

So you would trade Horford and keep Mickey, right?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mickey and Young are finished under cbs

Goodluck to them with their next teams... Hopefully will be given more freedom to play their games

Young has more upside than Mickey, so he has a much better chance of having success. However, the notion that it's somehow Stevens' fault is absurd. Mickey is simply not an NBA player. He'll likely be in Europe next season. It really sucks that we wasted 2 years on trying to develop a player that wasn't worth developing in the first place. His shot never improved and his athleticism/defense, which were supposed to be his calling card, are seriously lacking.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So you would trade Horford and keep Mickey, right?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Goodluck to them with their next teams... Hopefully will be given more freedom to play their games

Young has more upside than Mickey, so he has a much better chance of having success. However, the notion that it's somehow Stevens' fault is absurd. Mickey is simply not an NBA player. He'll likely be in Europe next season. It really sucks that we wasted 2 years on trying to develop a player that wasn't worth developing in the first place. His shot never improved and his athleticism/defense, which were supposed to be his calling card, are seriously lacking.

You got a problem man lol

You dont post much... But once anything is said about Mickey you start going crazy

I didnt know you were this obsessed about Mickey. You beat me

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
For all I care, they can have fun playing together at the Sacramento Kings. Good luck.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

You dont post much... But once anything is said about Mickey you start going crazy

I know you often ignore facts, but I was the third person to post in this thread and it had nothing to do about Mickey. In fact, you were the one that insinuated that Mickey isn't getting a fair shot because of  Stevens. So I just wanted to correct you on that. I'm glad that you've slowly come around and at least aren't declaring him to be the prodigal son.  :)

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 04:05:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I know you often ignore facts, but I was the third person to post in this thread and it had nothing to do about Mickey. In fact, you were the one that insinuated that Mickey isn't getting a fair shot because of  Stevens. So I just wanted to correct you on that. I'm glad that you've slowly come around and at least aren't declaring him to be the prodigal son.  :)

And you think coaches are always right?

Dion Waiters says hi.  Hassan Whiteside says hi .. etc

Not saying Mickey or Young will turn out to be great players but ..... Just remember will always turn out to be better than Cliff Alexandre

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

co-sign. 8)

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

And you think coaches are always right?

Dion Waiters says hi.  Hassan Whiteside says hi .. etc

Not saying Mickey or Young will turn out to be great players but ..... Just remember will always turn out to be better than Cliff Alexandre

The difference between those examples is that they were always physically gifted. Mickey is badly undersized, his combine numbers don't reflect in actual games, and he has a limited skill-set.

I like Alexander more than Mickey. However, don't twist that into pretending that I was making post after post hyping him up like you did on this board about Mickey for roughly 2 years. And in terms of Mickey vs Alexander, it still remains to be seen who has the greater career.

It's okay to admit you were wrong in overrating Mickey, though. Blaming Stevens is silly.

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
so if we are able to sign with Hayward which is pretty good chance considering his relationship with Brad

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

do we have enough cap room to trade and get George as well

IT4/Hayward/George/Horford sounds like a [dang] good lineup on paper, pretty good defensive team and good offensive all around, 3 capable 20 ppg scorer

who would you give up though to get these 4 in the lineup?

We don't need cap room to trade for George. If we're able to sign Hayward we would be able to match George's salary with AB, the Nets 2017 pick (after signing), and someone like Jackson or Rozier (maybe neither depending on where the pick lands).  That would leave us with a really good backcourt and wings, but weak up front.  Signing Griffin and trading for George would fit much better (although I don't see us having the opportunity to sign either Hayward or Griffin, never mind having a choice between the two)

gotcha, in terms of cost and longevity of the team, do you think we should part ways with bradley in this case vs Smart? Smart provides elite defense and running the team off the bench and definitely at a much lower cost vs Bradley. So who's next on that list? Jaylen and a Net's pick? Surely the Pacers would want a prospect in return

Bradley is the best/only way to trade for George without giving up multiple assets (after signing a max FA)

Paul George is getting paid $19.5 million next year, so in order to match salaries we need to send them $15.6 million (a team over the cap can bring in up to 125% of the salary they send out).  The Brooklyn 1st should have a salary around $7 million if it's #1, but after that you still need ~$8.6 million going out in order to match.  Avery Bradley will be making $8.8 million next year, so he and the Nets pick (assuming it's #1) are enough to match.  If the pick is lower, adding a guy like Rozier or Jackson makes up the difference.

Smart and Brown, however, will make $4.5 and $4.9 million respectively, meaning that you almost need to include both in order to make the trade possible.  The Pacers may want one of them, but they'll have to settle for the Nets pick as the young/promising aspect of the deal, because there's no way Danny gives up both of them and the Nets pick.

Note that, although we have Zeller on a non-guaranteed deal for next year, he would need to be waived in order to sign Hayward, as would Mickey (also nonguaranteed) (not to mention that Jackson and/or Rozier may need to be traded to make space).  We would also need to renounce our rights to Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Olynyk, so signing and trading any of them to the Pacers (already extremely unlikely) as salary filler wouldn't be possible. Crowder will be making $6.8 million, so he could be packaged with a guy like Rozier to make a deal (assuming that Rozier isn't moved to make space for Hayward)
Pretty sure this is incorrect. If making the trade for George before the draft, you can't use the draft picks future salary slot as a matching salary. If you agree on the trade and Boston selects the player for Indiana in hopes of holding off on the trade until after using their cap space to sign Hayward, then just trading the player's rights before signing them also does not count as matching salary because the player hasn't signed a contract yet. If the player signs the contract then there is a certain date you have to hold him too before being able to trade him using his salary as matching salary.

I might be wrong in this, and maybe saltover can help, but in trading for George after signing Hayward, you are going to have to use other players besides Avery to much because you can't use the draft pick as salary, at least not for quite a while.

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
so if we are able to sign with Hayward which is pretty good chance considering his relationship with Brad

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

do we have enough cap room to trade and get George as well

IT4/Hayward/George/Horford sounds like a [dang] good lineup on paper, pretty good defensive team and good offensive all around, 3 capable 20 ppg scorer

who would you give up though to get these 4 in the lineup?

We don't need cap room to trade for George. If we're able to sign Hayward we would be able to match George's salary with AB, the Nets 2017 pick (after signing), and someone like Jackson or Rozier (maybe neither depending on where the pick lands).  That would leave us with a really good backcourt and wings, but weak up front.  Signing Griffin and trading for George would fit much better (although I don't see us having the opportunity to sign either Hayward or Griffin, never mind having a choice between the two)

gotcha, in terms of cost and longevity of the team, do you think we should part ways with bradley in this case vs Smart? Smart provides elite defense and running the team off the bench and definitely at a much lower cost vs Bradley. So who's next on that list? Jaylen and a Net's pick? Surely the Pacers would want a prospect in return

Bradley is the best/only way to trade for George without giving up multiple assets (after signing a max FA)

Paul George is getting paid $19.5 million next year, so in order to match salaries we need to send them $15.6 million (a team over the cap can bring in up to 125% of the salary they send out).  The Brooklyn 1st should have a salary around $7 million if it's #1, but after that you still need ~$8.6 million going out in order to match.  Avery Bradley will be making $8.8 million next year, so he and the Nets pick (assuming it's #1) are enough to match.  If the pick is lower, adding a guy like Rozier or Jackson makes up the difference.

Smart and Brown, however, will make $4.5 and $4.9 million respectively, meaning that you almost need to include both in order to make the trade possible.  The Pacers may want one of them, but they'll have to settle for the Nets pick as the young/promising aspect of the deal, because there's no way Danny gives up both of them and the Nets pick.

Note that, although we have Zeller on a non-guaranteed deal for next year, he would need to be waived in order to sign Hayward, as would Mickey (also nonguaranteed) (not to mention that Jackson and/or Rozier may need to be traded to make space).  We would also need to renounce our rights to Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Olynyk, so signing and trading any of them to the Pacers (already extremely unlikely) as salary filler wouldn't be possible. Crowder will be making $6.8 million, so he could be packaged with a guy like Rozier to make a deal (assuming that Rozier isn't moved to make space for Hayward)
Pretty sure this is incorrect. If making the trade for George before the draft, you can't use the draft picks future salary slot as a matching salary. If you agree on the trade and Boston selects the player for Indiana in hopes of holding off on the trade until after using their cap space to sign Hayward, then just trading the player's rights before signing them also does not count as matching salary because the player hasn't signed a contract yet. If the player signs the contract then there is a certain date you have to hold him too before being able to trade him using his salary as matching salary.

I might be wrong in this, and maybe saltover can help, but in trading for George after signing Hayward, you are going to have to use other players besides Avery to much because you can't use the draft pick as salary, at least not for quite a while.

You're correct that trading for George before the draft is impossible (since picks and unsigned rookies count as $0 for salary matching purposes), but I'm talking about a situation where we make our pick, sign Hayward, sign our pick, and then make the trade 30 days later (rookie's salaries count in trades after being signed, and they can be traded started 30 days after they sign.  See the Kevin Love trade for an example of this)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
They will be on the Lakers, along with Westbrook.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
They will be on the Lakers, along with Westbrook.

Maybe paul...hayward is coming here next season...unless crowder proves he is more than a regular seaaon wonder

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 05:54:06 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
The writing has been on the wall since the trade deadline comments from Wyc, who stated that we're two players away. If Hayward commits, it is going to be the first domino to fall, then all the chips (metaphorically of course because Danny isn't going to make a deal he's not comfortable with) will be pushed to the middle of the table (a George/Butler trade (depends who Danny likes more)).

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
A lot of decisions to be made this summer:

1) We can go young , keep the BKN pick, and keep all of our main guys (including KO, Amir, JJ, and possibly giving IT and extension).

2) We can keep most of our core, keep the BKN pick, and sign Hayward, but lose the four players above (unless one of them takes the room exception). AB could also be moved for a future pick in which case we could keep KO with a Hayward signing.

3) We can go for it by signing Hayward and trading for PG/Butler, but that may include trading AB/Crowder/BKN pick. This team would be great on paper and possibly even a contender, but we maybe lacking bigs and GS/CLE are still awesome.

It is nice to have so many options and none of them are bad either. We have a promising team in any scenario. It sure is a great time to be a Cs fan!

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 08:45:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
A lot of decisions to be made this summer:

1) We can go young , keep the BKN pick, and keep all of our main guys (including KO, Amir, JJ, and possibly giving IT and extension).

2) We can keep most of our core, keep the BKN pick, and sign Hayward, but lose the four players above (unless one of them takes the room exception). AB could also be moved for a future pick in which case we could keep KO with a Hayward signing.

3) We can go for it by signing Hayward and trading for PG/Butler, but that may include trading AB/Crowder/BKN pick. This team would be great on paper and possibly even a contender, but we maybe lacking bigs and GS/CLE are still awesome.

It is nice to have so many options and none of them are bad either. We have a promising team in any scenario. It sure is a great time to be a Cs fan!

Agreed.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 08:45:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
No thanks. PG13 is an expiring and is likely LA bound in 2 years.

If he agreed to a long term commitment if traded, then I'd consider it.

But it's likely he teams up with Westbrook in a few years with the Lakers.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller