Author Topic: Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward  (Read 6368 times)

Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Sources tell Lowe that George would “love” to play with Gordon Hayward, who will likely become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, as Lowe notes, the odds of Hayward signing with the Pacers probably aren’t great.

The odds of the Celtics getting Hayward is a lot more, in relative comparison, when you also add onto the fact George also likes watching IT play.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Paul George wants to play with Gordon Hayward
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Sources tell Lowe that George would “love” to play with Gordon Hayward, who will likely become an unrestricted free agent this summer. However, as Lowe notes, the odds of Hayward signing with the Pacers probably aren’t great.

The odds of the Celtics getting Hayward is a lot more, in relative comparison, when you also add onto the fact George also likes watching IT play.
cue the next logical question to this commentary, if the C's were able to sign Hayward and trade for George, which one of them plays SG (or better yet, could one of them play SG)?

I don't see either as being able to slide to PF.  I would have think that if we traded for PG somehow, we'd have to part with probably 2 of AB/Crowder/Brown/Smart and the Nets 2017 and hope that was it. 

Question would be who we'd be able to add at C/PF to go with Horford as a vet.  Do we resign KO, Amir and/or Zeller?  I wouldn't want to have to count on Zizic in his first year for big minutes and wouldn't want to waste a year of an IT/Hayward/PG/Horford combination without a supporting cast that gets them into contention.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

cue the next logical question to this commentary, if the C's were able to sign Hayward and trade for George, which one of them plays SG (or better yet, could one of them play SG)?

This isn't even a question to be honest. George frequently plays SG and played the position full-time when Granger was there. What is your concern about him playing the position, though? He's more than athletic enough to cover 2's and his length will cause many of them issues getting their shot off.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 02:19:49 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
so if we are able to sign with Hayward which is pretty good chance considering his relationship with Brad

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

do we have enough cap room to trade and get George as well

IT4/Hayward/George/Horford sounds like a [dang] good lineup on paper, pretty good defensive team and good offensive all around, 3 capable 20 ppg scorer

who would you give up though to get these 4 in the lineup?

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:21 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I don't see either as being able to slide to PF.  I would have think that if we traded for PG somehow, we'd have to part with probably 2 of AB/Crowder/Brown/Smart and the Nets 2017 and hope that was it. 

Question would be who we'd be able to add at C/PF to go with Horford as a vet.  Do we resign KO, Amir and/or Zeller?  I wouldn't want to have to count on Zizic in his first year for big minutes and wouldn't want to waste a year of an IT/Hayward/PG/Horford combination without a supporting cast that gets them into contention.
I think Hayward would play the 2, and George would play the 3. Paul George is taller and longer than Hayward. I'd expect the lineup would be something like:
IT
Hayward
George
Crowder
Horford

It would depend what George would cost and if we could fill out our bench. I'm curious as to what George's price will end up being this summer. He seems uninterested in signing an extension so I'm not sure his price will be that high.

This would be a great outcome, but long term I might prefer drafting Fultz this year, a center next year, and combining them with Jaylen to create a core that last for 10+ years.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Danny won't make a deal if that's the cost.  1 year of Paul George isn't worth 2 good starters on cheap contracts and a top 4 pick.  Larry can either take one of them and the pick or just let him walk away next summer (if the Lakers keep their pick he could make a deal with them, but I doubt Magic would give up much more than the pick and one young player given that they have a chance to sign him in FA 1 year later)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
so if we are able to sign with Hayward which is pretty good chance considering his relationship with Brad

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

IT4/Hayward/George/Horford sounds like a [dang] good lineup on paper, pretty good defensive team and good offensive all around, 3 capable 20 ppg scorer

We don't need cap room to trade for George. If we're able to sign Hayward we would be able to match George's salary with AB, the Nets 2017 pick (after signing), and someone like Jackson or Rozier (maybe neither depending on where the pick lands).  That would leave us with a really good backcourt and wings, but weak up front.  Signing Griffin and trading for George would fit much better (although I don't see us having the opportunity to sign either Hayward or Griffin, never mind having a choice between the two)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

We don't need cap room to trade for George. If we're able to sign Hayward we would be able to match George's salary with AB, the Nets 2017 pick (after signing), and someone like Jackson or Rozier (maybe neither depending on where the pick lands).  That would leave us with a really good backcourt and wings, but weak up front.  Signing Griffin and trading for George would fit much better (although I don't see us having the opportunity to sign either Hayward or Griffin, never mind having a choice between the two)

gotcha, in terms of cost and longevity of the team, do you think we should part ways with bradley in this case vs Smart? Smart provides elite defense and running the team off the bench and definitely at a much lower cost vs Bradley. So who's next on that list? Jaylen and a Net's pick? Surely the Pacers would want a prospect in return

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It4, hayward, horford and pg13 cap wise is nearly impossible (in a year or two)

Lets see what IT4, Hayward, Horford, Josh Jackson, Jaylen Brown can do  :laugh:

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Repeat after me -
Ball handlers
Wings
Swings
Bigs

After bathing in Brad's kool aid, I now don't say -PG, SG, SF, PF, or C.

Come on in...the kool aid's fine.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

So you would trade Horford and keep Mickey, right?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 03:12:11 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
This was always the plan imo. No telling if it works or not, but it's the plan.

Something like IT - Smart - Hayward - George - Horford would be a freakishly impressive lineup on both ends.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

gotcha, in terms of cost and longevity of the team, do you think we should part ways with bradley in this case vs Smart? Smart provides elite defense and running the team off the bench and definitely at a much lower cost vs Bradley. So who's next on that list? Jaylen and a Net's pick? Surely the Pacers would want a prospect in return

Bradley is the best/only way to trade for George without giving up multiple assets (after signing a max FA)

Paul George is getting paid $19.5 million next year, so in order to match salaries we need to send them $15.6 million (a team over the cap can bring in up to 125% of the salary they send out).  The Brooklyn 1st should have a salary around $7 million if it's #1, but after that you still need ~$8.6 million going out in order to match.  Avery Bradley will be making $8.8 million next year, so he and the Nets pick (assuming it's #1) are enough to match.  If the pick is lower, adding a guy like Rozier or Jackson makes up the difference.

Smart and Brown, however, will make $4.5 and $4.9 million respectively, meaning that you almost need to include both in order to make the trade possible.  The Pacers may want one of them, but they'll have to settle for the Nets pick as the young/promising aspect of the deal, because there's no way Danny gives up both of them and the Nets pick.

Note that, although we have Zeller on a non-guaranteed deal for next year, he would need to be waived in order to sign Hayward, as would Mickey (also nonguaranteed) (not to mention that Jackson and/or Rozier may need to be traded to make space).  We would also need to renounce our rights to Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Olynyk, so signing and trading any of them to the Pacers (already extremely unlikely) as salary filler wouldn't be possible. Crowder will be making $6.8 million, so he could be packaged with a guy like Rozier to make a deal (assuming that Rozier isn't moved to make space for Hayward)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 03:24:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So you would trade Horford and keep Mickey, right?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mickey and Young are finished under cbs

Goodluck to them with their next teams... Hopefully will be given more freedom to play their games

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas

say IT4/Hayward/Horford

Bradley is the best/only way to trade for George without giving up multiple assets (after signing a max FA)

Paul George is getting paid $19.5 million next year, so in order to match salaries we need to send them $15.6 million (a team over the cap can bring in up to 125% of the salary they send out).  The Brooklyn 1st should have a salary around $7 million if it's #1, but after that you still need ~$8.6 million going out in order to match.  Avery Bradley will be making $8.8 million next year, so he and the Nets pick (assuming it's #1) are enough to match.  If the pick is lower, adding a guy like Rozier or Jackson makes up the difference.

Smart and Brown, however, will make $4.5 and $4.9 million respectively, meaning that you almost need to include both in order to make the trade possible.  The Pacers may want one of them, but they'll have to settle for the Nets pick as the young/promising aspect of the deal, because there's no way Danny gives up both of them and the Nets pick.

Note that, although we have Zeller on a non-guaranteed deal for next year, he would need to be waived in order to sign Hayward, as would Mickey (also nonguaranteed) (not to mention that Jackson and/or Rozier may need to be traded to make space).  We would also need to renounce our rights to Amir, Jerebko, Young, and Olynyk, so signing and trading any of them to the Pacers (already extremely unlikely) as salary filler wouldn't be possible. Crowder will be making $6.8 million, so he could be packaged with a guy like Rozier to make a deal (assuming that Rozier isn't moved to make space for Hayward)

thank you that makes a lot of sense! TP for clearing that up for me