Author Topic: Hoping for a Celtics Wizards 7 game series  (Read 553 times)

Hoping for a Celtics Wizards 7 game series
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just for sheer entertainment value alone. These teams clearly hate one another, I think the bad blood will be apparent by the second quarter of game 1, imagine what games 5, 6 and 7 would look like?
Although it would never stack up like the classic Celtics rivalries from the 80's, I think it's the closest thing we'll get in today's NBA.

For me, it's the match up i'm hoping for the most come playoff time, it's also probably the most compelling story line coming out of the East.

Edit:
Looks like Chris Forsberg agrees:

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4725590/dont-fear-the-reaper-celtics-and-wizards-would-be-entertaining-playoff-matchup

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:31:18 AM by jbpats »

Re: Hoping for a Celtics Wizards 7 game series
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:13:23 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd like the Celtics to win in 6 (or sweep!) so that I can see the Celtics eliminate the Wizards in person in DC.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:30:07 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'd love to face the Wizards in the second round, especially if we have home court.  The season series is split 2-2 right now, with the home team winning each game.  I think that could continue in the playoffs, too, for a nice, close 7 game series that we end up winning.  And if we stole one in Washington, maybe even 5 or 6
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 08:36:28 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I would happily like to see the Cs take this in 4. I'd prefer not to exhaust the squad in a 7 game series and then have to travel to Cleveland. But first I want to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Why? Sweep them

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The wizards aren't very good defensively. And their recent acquisition (Bogdanovic and Jennings) make them even worse on that end.
Granted they improve offensively and they could be scary when they get hot, but I believe with AB we match them well now. Wall and Beal can't do much vs AB and Smart. I find IT not so bad defensively on Wall surprisingly.
I'm saying we should win in 5 or 6 this series.
It's Toronto who we should fear, and I won't be surprised if they finish 3rd since the Wizards have a very tough schedule to finish the season.