Author Topic: Rajon Rondo, former Celtics teammates plan to celebrate their 2008 title without  (Read 11361 times)

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Rondo is being a ....

You didnt win if it was not for allen and vice versa

When will he learn

This wasn't about winning, its about camaraderie. And ffs triboy, at least read sometimes. Rondo asked the opinion of others, it wasn't a sole decision.

Its easy to say for people to move on, but reality is, its hard for people to move on. I know I have falling out with other people and let me tell you, its not easy. Esp if that person wont acknowledge his fault. Sometimes over time you get over it, but its not always and the timeframe isnt always the same. Its reality, stop living in your ideal dream world.

That's what I read too. Not a fan of Rondo anymore but don't make him the bad guy when others had the same idea as him.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo is being a ....

When will he learn

This wasn't about winning, its about camaraderie. And ffs triboy, at least read sometimes. Rondo asked the opinion of others, it wasn't a sole decision.

Its easy to say for people to move on, but reality is, its hard for people to move on. I know I have falling out with other people and let me tell you, its not easy. Esp if that person wont acknowledge his fault. Sometimes over time you get over it, but its not always and the timeframe isnt always the same. Its reality, stop living in your ideal dream world.

Really? Lol

Stop being sensitive about nothing

Rondo needs to move on... What does Ray Allen need to apologize for? Did he badmouth his family? Go after his wife?

If anyone should apologize its Rondo...he has been a constant prick about this matter...

Just go grab a beer together and forget it.... Dont ruin a terrific memory (2008 championship)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Rondo say ,  go party wif yo boy LeBron

;)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Rondo is being a ....

When will he learn

Really? Lol

Rondo needs to move on... What does Ray Allen need to apologize for? Did he badmouth his family? Go after his wife?

If anyone should apologize its Rondo...he has been a constant prick about this matter...

Just go grab a beer together and forget it.... Dont ruin a terrific memory (2008 championship)

You do realize the Pierce and KG feel pretty much the same way as Rondo, right?

In fact, by all accounts, Pierce and KG seem to have a greater level of "hurt" than even Rondo, as they weren't on bad terms with Ray, like Rondo was, at all until he left the way he did.

So why do you only have venom for Rondo, and not Pierce and KG also?  Seems inconsistent.

As I said before, I'm over it as a fan, and can appreciate Ray for his contributions while he was here.  But I can't blame those guys for feeling the way they do.  Ray did them dirty, plain and simple.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Yea I am pretty baffled by the take that all 3 guys (Pierce, KG and Rondo) are all being jerks or immature with this stuff and that maybe there isn't a good reason for them to not like Allen. A good rule in thumb in life is that if you are not in the room for something, you probably shouldn't pass judgement.

Those guys all basically lived with Allen for several years traveling on the road, planes and buses etc. If based on all those experiences and the times they shared together, if ALL of these guys feel like the way Allen handled his leaving was unforgivable, I have to believe Allen went about it in a really bad way (cause players switch teams all the time and nobody gets upset about it for 10 years).

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yea I am pretty baffled by the take that all 3 guys (Pierce, KG and Rondo) are all being jerks or immature with this stuff and that maybe there isn't a good reason for them to not like Allen. A good rule in thumb in life is that if you are not in the room for something, you probably shouldn't pass judgement.

Those guys all basically lived with Allen for several years traveling on the road, planes and buses etc. If based on all those experiences and the times they shared together, if ALL of these guys feel like the way Allen handled his leaving was unforgivable, I have to believe Allen went about it in a really bad way (cause players switch teams all the time and nobody gets upset about it for 10 years).
Yeah, all that might be true, and I have no reason to doubt it.  However, what's the point in celebrating without 1 of the 4 key players?  I'm no R. Allen fan (anymore) but he helped win that championship, that can't be denied.

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think it's childish.  Ray made the move he thought was best for him.  The Celtics wanted to trade him to Memphis but Memphis turned down the deal.  So they certainly couldn't complain about him wanting to move on.   Would Rondo, Garnett, and Pierce, have felt better if he went someone where he wasn't going to be happy?  I know they aren't happy he went to a rival, but did they expect him to go somewhere he couldn't compete? Why shouldn't he try to win another ring?

He was a huge part of that team.  They accomplished their goal.  And one thing I loved during the whole run in 2008 was you never heard any complaining or finger pointing.  Even when they struggled in the early rounds of the playoffs, they stuck together.  It's a shame this is how they want to remember it.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Yeah, all that might be true, and I have no reason to doubt it.  However, what's the point in celebrating without 1 of the 4 key players?  I'm no R. Allen fan (anymore) but he helped win that championship, that can't be denied.

Nobody is denying that he was a key part of winning it. They just don't like him and prefere not to be around him. He got his ring, he celebrated with everyone when they won in 2008, he got paid, they don't owe him anything else. I'm sure if they felt they considered him a decent friend then they would invite him to their getaway reunion, but they apparently don't. That's life. That is the relationship he built with them. We can't really know why, we weren't there.

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55

Nobody is denying that he was a key part of winning it. They just don't like him and prefere not to be around him. He got his ring, he celebrated with everyone when they won in 2008, he got paid, they don't owe him anything else. I'm sure if they felt they considered him a decent friend then they would invite him to their getaway reunion, but they apparently don't. That's life. That is the relationship he built with them. We can't really know why, we weren't there.

No we don't know, but from everything I've read, the only part they had a problem with is that he went to Miami.  I haven't seen anything about him badmouthing other players or disrespecting them individually in any way.  If anyone knows of anything I'm missing, please post.  Is it possible there is something else?  Maybe, all evidence points to them being upset he went to a team that stood in their way.

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I wish i could curse, but i would get banned. You just p---ed me off.

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Ray should be there regardless of what happened afterward. Eventually you have to move on and Ray Allen was a big reason that team was so great.

I thought time was gonna heal all wounds, but I guess not.

Perk eventually went on to play with LeBron James in Cleveland. Even Rondo is playing with D-Wade this year. I understand why they felt betrayed by Ray but it's been what, nearly 5 years now?

Also, shouldn't they still hold it against Eddie House that he went and signed with the Heat immediately after the Finals loss? I know Ainge shipped him out at the deadline that year in the Nate Robinson deal, but LeBron and co. were still our enemy (or was it still the Lakers at that point). Maybe they would have felt differently towards House if he actually won a ring with Miami as well (just like Ray did).

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Rondo is being a ....

When will he learn

Really? Lol

You do realize the Pierce and KG feel pretty much the same way as Rondo, right?

In fact, by all accounts, Pierce and KG seem to have a greater level of "hurt" than even Rondo, as they weren't on bad terms with Ray, like Rondo was, at all until he left the way he did.

So why do you only have venom for Rondo, and not Pierce and KG also?  Seems inconsistent.

As I said before, I'm over it as a fan, and can appreciate Ray for his contributions while he was here.  But I can't blame those guys for feeling the way they do.  Ray did them dirty, plain and simple.

Ray did them dirty huh?

Celtics did not do him dirty?

You already know, I don't even have to explain all the things that Celtics were doing to Ray Allen through those last years.

Paul can feel hurt because Ray didn't call back , that is fine, but also miniscule.

Ray was the least coveted Celtic, least respected, then these guys act like he should come back lol, yea ok especially when the team stunk and was on its last leg

Not to mention them getting Terry

Ray did everything right but answer Paul's calls

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i like this!

ray wasn't a "Celtic" anyway

always been a hired gun

i trust paul kevin and rajon know it'll be better without him
I trust Danny Ainge

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Sadly without Ray in Game 4 of the 2008 Finals, the Celtics would have been trailing the series 3-2 to the Lakers in that 2-3-2 format (I didn't really like that format, the lower-seeded team had home-court advantage with 3 straight home games. They could easily win Game 6 or Game 7 with a fiery streak of winning 3 straight at home).

The Celtics were definitely the better team that year, however. Still won't forget, 131-92. I was just a young high schooler back then hah. But the way Ray Allen left, yeah, I'm still sour and will never forgive the dude.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ray should be there regardless of what happened afterward. Eventually you have to move on and Ray Allen was a big reason that team was so great.

I thought time was gonna heal all wounds, but I guess not.

Perk eventually went on to play with LeBron James in Cleveland. Even Rondo is playing with D-Wade this year. I understand why they felt betrayed by Ray but it's been what, nearly 5 years now?

Also, shouldn't they still hold it against Eddie House that he went and signed with the Heat immediately after the Finals loss? I know Ainge shipped him out at the deadline that year in the Nate Robinson deal, but LeBron and co. were still our enemy (or was it still the Lakers at that point). Maybe they would have felt differently towards House if he actually won a ring with Miami as well (just like Ray did).

Both were the Celtics' enemy IMO. LeBron James in the east and forming his own Big 3 and beginning his domination over the C's. The Lakers with the long history and Game 7 of 2010.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)