Author Topic: no big deal a so what loss  (Read 1443 times)

Re: no big deal a so what loss
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 10:05:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I guess a bigger picture is that if the C's are a 2 or a 3 seed does it really matter? Or a 1 seed ?  To me, the biggest issue is that the C's basically suck without IT having a big game.  Why do I say "suck"?  They have a losing record against good teams and can barely beat bad teams.

I think it matters a lot. If we are the 3 seed instead of the 2 and actually win the first round then our next opponent would be the Cavs. Would you rather face the Cavs in round 2 or the winner of say the TOR/ATL series? I think that is a no brainer.

If we are just happy for the future and settle for the fact that we aren't winning it all this year then what free agent wants to come here? If we lose in 1st round or if we get spanked in second round to the Cavs does that make a Griffin or Hayward anxious to join mediocrity?

We need the 2 seed and we need to go to the ECF if we want to attract big free agents. And who knows maybe we get hot and can really push or beat the Cavs.....
the 2 and the 3 play each other in the 2nd round.  The difference between those is who gets the extra home game and playing the 6 or 7 seed in the first round.  I don't see a whole lot of difference between the 6 and 7 seed this year (the 6 might even be a better matchup than the 7), but the extra home game could be big in a close tight series.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I guess a bigger picture is that if the C's are a 2 or a 3 seed does it really matter? Or a 1 seed ?  To me, the biggest issue is that the C's basically suck without IT having a big game.  Why do I say "suck"?  They have a losing record against good teams and can barely beat bad teams.

I think it matters a lot. If we are the 3 seed instead of the 2 and actually win the first round then our next opponent would be the Cavs. Would you rather face the Cavs in round 2 or the winner of say the TOR/ATL series? I think that is a no brainer.

If we are just happy for the future and settle for the fact that we aren't winning it all this year then what free agent wants to come here? If we lose in 1st round or if we get spanked in second round to the Cavs does that make a Griffin or Hayward anxious to join mediocrity?

We need the 2 seed and we need to go to the ECF if we want to attract big free agents. And who knows maybe we get hot and can really push or beat the Cavs.....
the 2 and the 3 play each other in the 2nd round.  The difference between those is who gets the extra home game and playing the 6 or 7 seed in the first round.  I don't see a whole lot of difference between the 6 and 7 seed this year (the 6 might even be a better matchup than the 7), but the extra home game could be big in a close tight series.

As a 3-seed facing the 2-seed, just got to steal Game 1 and/or 2 and defend home court and you be good.

Just dealing with the first-round opponents will be the Celtics' test. Pacers/Heat/Bucks. Some pretty athletic teams.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Absolutely. The home court advantage aspect of getting a high is much more important than who we play imo. Last year the Celtics showcased one of the best home court advantages in the league. Couple that with the fact that the Wiz are not good at home, it becomes even more important we get HCA for as long as possible.

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19