Author Topic: IT is kinda important as the Celts only above average shot creator, huh?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What do ya say, Mike, Tony?

I'll take my answer off the air.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Give me Fultz

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I would say critical,  not just important.

Also bringing up Fultz is pointless.  Our ods of getting him are so low that the idea is barely worth mentioning.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
They lost Turner and it's showing. Not saying I'd pay him that ridiculous contract but they never really replaced him and Rozier hasn't really performed consistently either.

Turner had that ability and that's why he was like the second/third best scorer on the team in the Hawks playoff series, with Bradley out and IT being triple teamed.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Also bringing up Fultz is pointless. Our ods of getting him are so low that the idea is barely worth mentioning.

really? lol

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What do ya say, Mike, Tony?

I'll take my answer off the air.

The reality is, this is on Danny for not obtaining another shot creator to come off the bench

Gerald Green is not that guy

Rozier more and more is not looking as that guy either

Celtics should have brought in a guy like Waiters when they had the chance (buy low)

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
They lost Turner and it's showing. Not saying I'd pay him that ridiculous contract but they never really replaced him and Rozier hasn't really performed consistently either.

Turner had that ability and that's why he was like the second/third best scorer on the team in the Hawks playoff series, with Bradley out and IT being triple teamed.

He really was a nice fit.  Can't fault for taking the big bucks, but he had become a nice piece with this nucleus.
Yup

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I can't tell you how glad I am we didn't overpay Turner to stick around.

Personally I look at this more as a flaw in the argument of those who suggest we could get by with Smart and Bradley as our starting guards. That will never work unless we have a LeBron or Giannis type guy at forward.

You need an elite creator and scorer at the point of attack in today's league.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
we were up by 13 points. Bradley and Smart had awful, awful games on the offensive end. Jaylen was non existent. Amir was non existent.
It was basically Jae and Horford. Philly got hot and we hit 6 from 29 three point shots which is 20%.

This was simply a stinker of a game for us on the offensive end and the 76ers shot 48% from the field.

Trap game and we got trapped. Don't over react too much.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
This team needs another proven guy who can consistently score at a high level more than any other skill set whether or not we get Fultz.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
He is essentially all of our offense. Not only is he the best shot creator on our team, and perhaps in the NBA, but also his passing skills are highly underrated. Yeah, he only averages 6 assists per game, but I feel that he does way more than those 6 assists tell you.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Also bringing up Fultz is pointless.  Our ods of getting him are so low that the idea is barely worth mentioning.
... they are 25%
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Eh, as bad as Marcus' shooting has been, he's been pretty much just as effective on offense as Evan Turner (while being much more valuable on defense).

Evan's scoring efficiency this year is .497 TS and he's produced 13.2 points, 4.7 assists and 5.4 rebounds (0.8 ORB) per 36.  Note that those numbers are pretty much almost exactly his career averages.

Marcus' scoring efficiency this year is .492 TS and he's produced 12.7 points, 5.2 assists and 4.6 rebounds (1.1 ORB) per 36.

Evan Turner's absence has not been the problem.  Marcus has been every bit as productive as Turner in that role.

The problem is that we don't have someone better than that.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
we were up by 13 points. Bradley and Smart had awful, awful games on the offensive end. Jaylen was non existent. Amir was non existent.
It was basically Jae and Horford. Philly got hot and we hit 6 from 29 three point shots which is 20%.

This was simply a stinker of a game for us on the offensive end and the 76ers shot 48% from the field.

Trap game and we got trapped. Don't over react too much.

Of course, the bold part begs the question of how well our defense (minus the supposed 'defensive liability') performed.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This is why I was pushing so hard for Anthony around the deadline
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip