Author Topic: Celtics 1 game back with win at 76ers  (Read 1342 times)

Celtics 1 game back with win at 76ers
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:59:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This really is getting exciting. LeBron is tired and needs more naps. Celtics playing an easy schedule and Thomas is about to come back against the Wizards.

The Wizards game is the biggest of the year for us. If we win that game we have a legit shot at the first seed and the first pick. Cheers.

Re: Celtics 1 game back with win at 76ers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 12:06:46 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
My pessimistic side requires I add that we are 2 back in the loss column. Which should be tough to overcome.

I'm still more concentrated on locking up the 2 seed. .
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 12:10:34 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
My pessimistic side requires I add that we are 2 back in the loss column. Which should be tough to overcome.

Yup. When it comes to seeding, the loss column is more important for me. The lower the difference in the loss column is, the more things are in your control.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 12:42:22 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yup. When it comes to seeding, the loss column is more important for me. The lower the difference in the loss column is, the more things are in your control.

I agree.

You can't lose less games than you already have, therefore you have to rely on the team you are trying to catch to lose.  Inherently, this means your fate is out of your hands.  Boston could win every game they play for the rest of the season, but if Cleveland wins out too, there's nothing Boston can do.

I'd much rather be one game behind in the win column and even in the loss column, than 1 game behind in the loss column and even in the win column.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 01:19:42 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
no matter how you slice it, the pressure is on James. To keep their advantage they have to keep winning, right? If they don't their losses mount and they catch us in the loss column. So pressure is on them. I think the biggest factor is the amount of games you have to make up the deficit, be it in the win or loss column.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 01:21:53 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
no matter how you slice it, the pressure is on James. To keep their advantage they have to keep winning, right? If they don't their losses mount and they catch us in the loss column. So pressure is on them. I think the biggest factor is the amount of games you have to make up the deficit, be it in the win or loss column.

So Boston has no pressure to win?

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 01:22:46 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Welp, that Jimmy Butler elbow Ref loss..and that Phoenix Giveaway are looming large right about now.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 02:10:21 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Cavs aren't worried about seeding and nor should they be. C's can catch them but I don't necessarily think that would be a good thing matchup wise.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 02:13:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

So Boston has no pressure to win?

We are playing with house money, King James' window is closing they are in win now mode. No pressure on the Celtics. We are a team of the future. There is a reason why Cavs keep making desperation moves and Danny is Kool and the Gang.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 02:53:22 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Firstly I know that we should just win as many games and we can and see how it shakes out.

However i cant help but think that I'd rather have the 2 seed and face Washington in the 2nd round. I want Cleveland and Toronto wearing each other down in the semi finals. I think getting to the conference finals is our ceiling this year so I'm only thinking about how to get there.

In reality though the back to my first point, just win as much as you can and see how it shakes out

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 03:20:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Firstly I know that we should just win as many games and we can and see how it shakes out.

However i cant help but think that I'd rather have the 2 seed and face Washington in the 2nd round. I want Cleveland and Toronto wearing each other down in the semi finals. I think getting to the conference finals is our ceiling this year so I'm only thinking about how to get there.

In reality though the back to my first point, just win as much as you can and see how it shakes out

If we win the #1 seed, and a first round playoff, I think that makes Hayward's decision easier to join the Celtics.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 08:47:44 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Welp, that Jimmy Butler elbow Ref loss..and that Phoenix Giveaway are looming large right about now.

Cuts both ways. We were lucky to beat the Nets the other night. They had the momentum in 4th quarter.