Author Topic: Report: Rivers could be Orlando bound if Clippers fall in 1st or 2nd round  (Read 3321 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/18/rumor-if-clippers-get-bounced-in-first-or-second-round-doc-rivers-could-be-headed-to-orlando/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hopefully this is true. I think this would make it much more likely that Griffin leaves LA this summer, especially if they lose in the first round.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Agree.

If he does, do we press to sign him or Hayward?

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
crash the clips title window and force a rebuild just in time to insure the 2019 pick they owe us will be good:)

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If the Magic hire him strictly as GM and not as the coach, it would be a total disaster. He's a terrible GM. Then again, their current GM is not much better I guess.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:01:08 PM by hpantazo »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
crash the clips title window and force a rebuild just in time to insure the 2019 pick they owe us will be good:)

Yeah but it's lottery protected, and I think it eventually becomes a second round pick if they are in the lottery.

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

We don't want them to get too bad though.  It's a lottery protected first that becomes a 2022 second rounder after 2020.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this will never happen. doc will never coach a young team ever again. he's a swoop in and take over a team on the verge kinda guy.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
this will never happen. doc will never coach a young team ever again. he's a swoop in and take over a team on the verge kinda guy.

Yeah, coach a young team again, I don't see him doing that. Going to Orlando to retire to his home with his family and get paid big $$ to play GM for the local NBA team, where he doesn't even have to travel, that I definitely see him doing.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
He has to coach somewhere so Austin has a job

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Orlando signed Frank Vogel to a 4-year, $22 million contract last summer.  I doubt they're willing to eat the final three years of that.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Doc back to Orlando

CP3 back to New Orleans

Griffin to Boston

DeAndre Jordan wasting away in LA

I'd be cool with that.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Shocking. Who could ever imagine Doc would do this?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Agree.

If he does, do we press to sign him or Hayward?

Whoever loses in the inevitable Jazz-Clippers 1st-round match-up, that's who we press to sign.

My money's on Griffin.

Edit: Looks like the Thunder and the Clippers are tied at the moment for 5th seed. Regardless of who the Clips face, I'm pretty certain that they're going to lose.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:44:17 PM by MJohnnyboy »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Shocking. Who could ever imagine Doc would do this?

Hard to tell if you are being serious of facetious. This does not surprise those of us that told yall about the real Rivers.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He has to coach somewhere so Austin has a job

lol  This guy gets more hype than any other coach, just to think he was touted and may still get the USA team gig after Coach K.