Author Topic: Indiana turned down Philly's offer for George  (Read 3388 times)

Re: Indiana turned down Philly's offer for George
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
That would have been a stupid trade for the Sixers.  I think they'd have had very little chance to re-sign George.  I think he ends up in LA unless Bird pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets them another star.  I think Butler is the better move for the Sixers and us. 

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
If their asking price was that and didn't move from it, I'd love to hear those critics of our front office for not getting George. That is crazy.

As time goes by, I'm happier we didn't sell the farm for Butler or George.

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Where does Philly own the 2018 SAC pick? I know they have swap rights this year, but this says their outright pick is 2019.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

That is correct. If they had conveyed their pick last year to Chicago then Philly would have had the 2018 pick, but as they didn't it will be the 2019 pick.

I honestly don't know how much stock to put into this rumour. The details are wrong and the value of the two packages seems off. Those parts may have been in play for trades but not for George. More likely a smaller deal around Okafor for someone like Jefferson.
well one was a trade proposed to Indiana, the other was Indiana's asking price for another team.  In that context the values don't seem that far off.

As for the pick, yeah the guy should have known that the Sacto pick had transferred to 2019, but that just seems like something a lot of people wouldn't necessarily pick up on, especially if he was just told it was the Lakers and Kings picks (without the years).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip