Author Topic: Yabusele  (Read 24224 times)

Yabusele
« on: March 17, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
It's official, the Dancing Bear is coming to Portland.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/03/guerschon_yabusele_boston_celt_1.html

Maine still has a couple weeks before the end of the season, including several home games. They will almost certainly make the playoffs, as they are first in their division and second in the conference.

Yabusele still needs to get his work visa cleared away before he can play, and his ankle is still bothering him a bit, but hopefully he will be on the court for the Claws very soon. Should be fun to watch him playing alongside Nader and Jackson.

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/842474347315007489

Yabs had a disappointing end to his season with the Shanghai Sharks in a first-round playoff series which the Sharks led 2-1, but lost 3-2 to the Shenzen Leopards after Yabusele suffered an ankle injury early in game 4 on March 3.

He toughed it out for 28 minutes in game 5 but managed only 7 points 3/13 shooting, adding 11 rebs, 1ast, 2stl, 2blk, and an unfortunate 5 TOs.

Here's hoping he comes back strong for a Claws playoff run.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:59:00 PM by kraidstar »

Re: Yabusele signs with Red Claws
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:34:21 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Here comes banner #?? for the Red Claws! 

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 03:37:41 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Here comes banner #?? for the Red Claws!

Banner #1, baby!

Gotta start somewhere, so why not with the Dancing Bear?

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Bring on the Yabs!
Yup

the bear will be dancing
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
work visa in hand yabusele will play friday in grensborogh-these game shown free  -rec claws homesite gets you to facebook-

Re: the bear will be dancing
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
work visa in hand yabusele will play friday in grensborogh-these game shown free  -rec claws homesite gets you to facebook-

Thanks Rollie.
Looking forward to watching him live at the expo!

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good to know, rollie.

I have lost a bit of my enthusiasm for Yabusele (and Zizic), and I've watched tape of them over the past few months.  I think I'm just jaded because we've seen many big men drafted by the C's simply not make it.  Is that b/c Ainge tends to draft tweeners?  Maybe the days of tweeners is returning (like Draymond Green) as many big men are now shooting from the outside.  If this is true then Zizic is really an old school center who might not fit into Brad's system.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 12:46:51 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Good to know, rollie.

I have lost a bit of my enthusiasm for Yabusele (and Zizic), and I've watched tape of them over the past few months.  I think I'm just jaded because we've seen many big men drafted by the C's simply not make it.  Is that b/c Ainge tends to draft tweeners?  Maybe the days of tweeners is returning (like Draymond Green) as many big men are now shooting from the outside.  If this is true then Zizic is really an old school center who might not fit into Brad's system.

But the bear will.

There is a good shot that 1of these guys can contribute to our team and they both play positions we need hello at so... I'm all in!

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 01:04:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
TP for the info Rollie. 

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Looks like this Friday is the night:

By Jay King

Boston Celtics draft pick Guerschon Yabusele is expected to make his D-League debut Friday.

The Maine Red Claws announced Yabusele has joined the team after obtaining a U.S. work Visa earlier this week. He should play Friday for the Red Claws, Boston's D-League affiliate, against the Greensboro Swarm.

The Red Claws only have two more regular-season games, but own a magic number of one to earn a playoff berth -- which would extend Yabusele's brief stay in the D-League. The big man returned to the United States recently after concluding his season in the Chinese Basketball Association.

Because of the competition level in China, the Celtics are excited to see Yabusele in a different environment. The 16th overall pick has said he hopes to play in Boston next season.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/03/guerschon_yabusele_boston_celt_2.html

I'm looking forward to a sneak peak at what we've got. Sounds like his ankle is okay, too if he's playing. Good to hear that he got the clearance.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I want to see

Yabu downhill to the rim,  and LeBron step in front of him to take a charge. ....LeBron is not man enough ..I know .....oh how I wish he would

Experience what IT feels from contact ,  always being the smaller player.

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
our very own yabby has grown up and will appear in his first dleague game today.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/guerschon-yabusele-first-d-league-game-on-friday/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
our very own yabby has grown up and will appear in his first dleague game today.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/guerschon-yabusele-first-d-league-game-on-friday/

Yes indeed! Should be nice, gonna have it streaming on my laptop while i watch the C's.

Game is being streamed for free on facebook live at 7PM

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170331/MNEGBO/

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Yes indeed! Should be nice, gonna have it streaming on my laptop while i watch the C's.

Game is being streamed for free on facebook live at 7PM

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170331/MNEGBO/
thanks for the link KS. tp to you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Yabusele
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 11:46:47 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77