Author Topic: Yabusele  (Read 24308 times)

Re: Yabusele
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Yabusele's second game starts in a few minutes at 8 eastern as the Red Claws play at the Windy City Bulls.

Hopefully Yab, Nader, Jackson, Mickey, and Jones decide to play some defense tonight.   :P

If you can tear yourselves away from the awesome Gonzaga/USC game, you can watch the Red Claws for free on facebook live by following this link:

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170401/MNEWCB/

TP for the link.

Can't watch it, though.....really choppy/disjointed/pauses/jumps...weird stream.

That sucks, it's working OK here and the internet here isn't great... Maybe your area is just having a bad night? I don't have a lot of experience watching Facebook Live though, so not sure how common performance problems are

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2017, 08:58:05 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Yabs is looking a LOT more comfortable tonight

First half stats:

17 pts 5 reb 2ast in 14 minutes on 6/6 shooting, 3/3 3pt and  2/2 FT.

Also a +8 +/- rating

Mickey and Jackson look engaged as well, Jackson made an amazing reverse layup over the arms of a defender at the end of the half.

Nader, Jones, and Georges-Hunt are resting, as the Claws have already locked up the #2 seed in the East.

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2017, 09:08:03 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
yawn.......................................

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2017, 09:56:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
3rd Q and once in the 4th I think, Yabu made [dang] near the same move at least 5 times (mostly in a row) and was called for a travel each time. It was crazy.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2017, 10:01:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsV8KFNCZE

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77
I challenge you to put forth definitive proof that he is in fact "fat" as you claim him to be. All the links posted in this tread prove otherwise.

I am on it:-)))  I am on the way to his apartment, as it is only about 650 miles from Albemarle, NC.  I figure that I should make it by early tomorrow morning.  Should I just knock and say that I need some shirtless picks and also need to use my fat-o-meter to test his body fat??

I will report back.

Smitty77

Can you get an autograph for me?

You've got it kraidstar!!:-)))

Smitty77

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2017, 10:10:52 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
3rd Q and once in the 4th I think, Yabu made [dang] near the same move at least 5 times (mostly in a row) and was called for a travel each time. It was crazy.

I literally don't think I've ever seen so many travel calls in a single game, there have been at least 10, maybe 15.

To be fair to Yab, I think a couple of them weren't travels (at least not by NBA standards), but he does need to be more careful.

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsV8KFNCZE

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77
I challenge you to put forth definitive proof that he is in fact "fat" as you claim him to be. All the links posted in this tread prove otherwise.

I am on it:-)))  I am on the way to his apartment, as it is only about 650 miles from Albemarle, NC.  I figure that I should make it by early tomorrow morning.  Should I just knock and say that I need some shirtless picks and also need to use my fat-o-meter to test his body fat??

I will report back.

Smitty77

Can you get an autograph for me?

You've got it kraidstar!!:-)))

Smitty77

lol, right on, my man

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I literally don't think I've ever seen so many travel calls in a single game, there have been at least 10, maybe 15.

To be fair to Yab, I think a couple of them weren't travels (at least not by NBA standards), but he does need to be more careful.

I agree it was weird as hell. I had the game on mute and it was confusing, even after I realized they were calling travels I thought the game had a glitch and kept replaying that. If some of those were travels LBJ would not be able to play in the GLeague at all. There would be no NBA!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/04/bulpett_guerschon_yabusele_dazzles_in_d_league_debut

I trust him more.

Was Steve Bulpett at the game, because I saw NO sign of him there and it is a pretty intimate little arena that barely holds 2200 of there about???

I would tend to trust someone that was actually there IN PERSON.

Smitty77

I will put Steve Bulpett's knowledge of players, assessment of games, and all things Celtics basketball above Smitty77's, whether live or in-person or from Mars, every day of the week for the rest of my life.

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2017, 11:20:30 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What were Yab's game totals ?

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2017, 11:29:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
What were Yab's game totals ?

28 min

20 pts on 7/9 shooting, 4/5 3pt, 2/2FT

11 reb, 2ast, 6TO (mostly traveling)

decent defense (seemed to pair well with Mickey at that end)

box score:

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170401/MNEWCB/

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2017, 12:51:07 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
How was the PnR defense if any? That's what I want to know. How will that translate. Definitely not worried about his O.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2017, 01:07:15 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Is a Nader-Yabusele pick and roll a workable offensive game plan?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2017, 04:51:17 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
only watched first half and yabusele on ball defense was impressive
active feet, coupled with surprising lateral against quicker smaller opponents

as i used to post ,china's weaker league  allowed yabusele to work on his ball handling skills and getting to hoop while shooting threes
after his dominant first half i came away more impressed with two of his defensive stops and his composure
can't wait till the celts trainers and coaches start teaching him the fine points of defense  how to set horford style screens
now to the second half

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2017, 06:25:55 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yabu's highlights from last game.

https://youtu.be/xz_bzliH9xo