Author Topic: Yabusele  (Read 24321 times)

Re: Yabusele
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2017, 01:13:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsV8KFNCZE

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77
I challenge you to put forth definitive proof that he is in fact "fat" as you claim him to be. All the links posted in this tread prove otherwise.

I am on it:-)))  I am on the way to his apartment, as it is only about 650 miles from Albemarle, NC.  I figure that I should make it by early tomorrow morning.  Should I just knock and say that I need some shirtless picks and also need to use my fat-o-meter to test his body fat??

I will report back.

Smitty77

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/04/bulpett_guerschon_yabusele_dazzles_in_d_league_debut

I trust him more.

TP, nice summary by Bulpett. He also notes that Yabusele had not played at all in the past month due to an ankle injury, which of course would factor into his game shape or lack thereof.

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/04/bulpett_guerschon_yabusele_dazzles_in_d_league_debut

I trust him more.

Was Steve Bulpett at the game, because I saw NO sign of him there and it is a pretty intimate little arena that barely holds 2200 of there about???

I would tend to trust someone that was actually there IN PERSON.

Smitty77

Unless that person is prone to gross overreactions in order to get attention. Someone with a wild tendency to blow everything out of proportion isn't a reliable source.

I heard the same BS on draft night. Wasn't true then, isn't true now.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I trust him more.

Was Steve Bulpett at the game, because I saw NO sign of him there and it is a pretty intimate little arena that barely holds 2200 of there about???

Smitty77

Unless that person is prone to gross overreactions in order to get attention. Someone with a wild tendency to blow everything out of proportion isn't a reliable source.

TP, that's exactly what it is.

Now on Celticsblog a new article: Yabusele shines in his first game   :o
http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/4/1/15148626/guerschon-yabusele-shines-in-first-game-with-red-claws-celtics

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I trust him more.

Smitty77

What BS did you hear from ME on draft night???????????????

I want specifics!!!!

I have a unique ability to spot guys that will become elite defenders in the NBA.  I can be questionable on great offensive players, but I will put my history on calling elite defenders up against anyone on this board.

Smitty77

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2017, 02:18:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I trust him more.

Smitty77

TP, that's exactly what it is.

Now on Celticsblog a new article: Yabusele shines in his first game   :o
http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/4/1/15148626/guerschon-yabusele-shines-in-first-game-with-red-claws-celtics

That article is priceless.  It quotes Assistant Mike Zarren who starts by admitting that he has NOT watched the entire game!!!

“I’ve got to watch the rest of it, but it looks like he’s moving well, which is good,” said Zarren.

Priceless.

Smitty77

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
THE REASON I LOVE CB is because it is a no spin zone, if you come here with spin you get called on it and pretty quickly.

Someone got sand in their coffee came here to dump on Yabu, he got called on it, and now he is backtracking backtracking and backtracking.

Yabu is not fat,
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:03:11 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
As others have said, the numbers don't mean anything because it's a D-League game.

But I watched a lot of his plays and I'm encouraged by how well he moves at his size. Dancing Bear is such a good nickname. He's going to be a little undersized in the NBA at PF but he's wide and he's got those long arms. With quick feet, he has potential to be a versatile defender.

Looking at his body, he'll probably have to watch his weight carefully in the NBA but (solely on appearance) he appears to be more comfortable in the weight room than Sully or Big Baby ever were. I'm not going to worry until there's something to worry about.

I'm watching old Larry Johnson highlights now. :)
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Out of all the current media guys who regularly cover the Celtics, Bulpett probably is the most knowledgeable about the game itself. If he says Yabusele played well, I'm good with it. The goal at this point is just to expose him to an NBA style game to get his feet wet.  The fact that he put up some decent numbers and was +2 in a game his team lost - to me that's encouraging.

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
As others have said, the numbers don't mean anything because it's a D-League game.

But I watched a lot of his plays and I'm encouraged by how well he moves at his size. Dancing Bear is such a good nickname. He's going to be a little undersized in the NBA at PF but he's wide and he's got those long arms. With quick feet, he has potential to be a versatile defender.

Looking at his body, he'll probably have to watch his weight carefully in the NBA but (solely on appearance) he appears to be more comfortable in the weight room than Sully or Big Baby ever were. I'm not going to worry until there's something to worry about.

I'm watching old Larry Johnson highlights now. :)

Are you saying we should call Yabu, Grand Yabu?

« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
I have high hopes for Yabusele.  The next Rodney Rodgers.

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2017, 07:58:19 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Yabusele's second game starts in a few minutes at 8 eastern as the Red Claws play at the Windy City Bulls.

Hopefully Yab, Nader, Jackson, Mickey, and Jones decide to play some defense tonight.   :P

If you can tear yourselves away from the awesome Gonzaga/USC game, you can watch the Red Claws for free on facebook live by following this link:

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170401/MNEWCB/

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2017, 08:09:31 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Mickey playing like a man tonight, 11 points in the first 3 minutes, and Yab with a nice putback and some free throws. The Claws look much more organized tonight, hopefully Yab is a quick learner, as this is the last game of the regular season...

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Yabusele's second game starts in a few minutes at 8 eastern as the Red Claws play at the Windy City Bulls.

Hopefully Yab, Nader, Jackson, Mickey, and Jones decide to play some defense tonight.   :P

If you can tear yourselves away from the awesome Gonzaga/USC game, you can watch the Red Claws for free on facebook live by following this link:

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170401/MNEWCB/

TP for the link.

Can't watch it, though.....really choppy/disjointed/pauses/jumps...weird stream.

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2017, 08:45:19 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsV8KFNCZE

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77
I challenge you to put forth definitive proof that he is in fact "fat" as you claim him to be. All the links posted in this tread prove otherwise.

I am on it:-)))  I am on the way to his apartment, as it is only about 650 miles from Albemarle, NC.  I figure that I should make it by early tomorrow morning.  Should I just knock and say that I need some shirtless picks and also need to use my fat-o-meter to test his body fat??

I will report back.

Smitty77

Can you get an autograph for me?