Author Topic: Yabusele  (Read 24331 times)

Re: Yabusele
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
hey smitty no need to apologize after sully and his issues-
 isn't yabu 20, just finished a full season over in china shooting threes ,being creative getting to basket and rebounding-
not bad playing after a 2 week lapse due to injury in better league with all new players non -asian

nader has been struggling with his shooting, it might be the long cold season in d league up in maine
naders game the easiest for me to judge gets to hoop right and left ,hits his threes and will play more in control  with celts-hes got that long first step and a wingspan that is elite-
i'm going to watch the balance of the red claws game now-

Thanks much Rollie!!  I was amazed at how much weight that Nader had lost in a little more than 5 weeks (I went to the game in G-boro on February 24th as well!!).  Maybe he is sick or something.  But, he looked really good physically last night, but his three point shot was just off consistently it appeared.

Smitty77

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 10:29:58 AM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsV8KFNCZE

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77

Okay so none of us are allowed to have an opinion because you are the only one who saw him in person? Dude doesn't look fat or overweight to me. He's a tank and looks like he is mostly muscle to me. I personally think you are confusing his largeness with fat. Even so he hasn't played for a month so he could be the type of player that gets out of game shape relatively quickly.

Plus he's not expected to be a SF anyway so I am not sure why you keep mentioning he won't be able to guard quick SFs. I mean I don't think that was ever expected of him full time. He's always been viewed as a stretch 4, I believe.

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 10:53:03 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77

Okay so none of us are allowed to have an opinion because you are the only one who saw him in person? Dude doesn't look fat or overweight to me. He's a tank and looks like he is mostly muscle to me. I personally think you are confusing his largeness with fat. Even so he hasn't played for a month so he could be the type of player that gets out of game shape relatively quickly.

Plus he's not expected to be a SF anyway so I am not sure why you keep mentioning he won't be able to guard quick SFs. I mean I don't think that was ever expected of him full time. He's always been viewed as a stretch 4, I believe.

First, I have spent MOST of my life (I am 52.) working out and was a Nautilus/Fitness Trainer.  I KNOW the difference between muscle and fat.  I mentioned him struggling guarding SF's and others on the perimeter because it was apparent in the game that I WATCHED in PERSON!!

Smitty77

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2017, 10:57:32 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
smitty invested the time,effort and money  to watch jackson ,mickey,nader and yabusele and they got badly outplayed-yabusele had a few bad possessions  and was lost defensively(to be expected as well as the turnovers)-a new player getting 25 minutes can do this to a team plus the hype

yabusele did fine for his first game,nader played far below his normal game,

jackson is nothing special doesn't have that shiftiness or play making ability
he may be strong and athletic but he isn't fluid almost muscle bound
i am clueless on how to judge mickey's progress-so i'll leave that for you guys and ainge

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »

Offline bMunch

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 28
here are his game highlights:

https://youtu.be/yOqJCHmQ4fA
“Man, I come home putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball. It’s sad, man." -- Kevin Garnett

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 11:20:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Simmer down, fellas. No need to get fired up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Simmer down, fellas. No need to get fired up.

Yes sir.  I am done.  I am still glad I went and got to see Yab in person.

Here's to a great day to all and a fabulous weekend!!

Peace out,

Smitty77

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Maybe we can set aside the weight issue for now, considering the injury and the fact that Yab hasn't been on an NBA training program...ever. His conditioning in September will tell us everything we need to know.

I watched the highlights and some of the game, and it also looked like he was adjusting to the pace of the game (for a number of reasons, probably). His passes were generally pretty accurate in China from what I have seen, but here they were off. He also seemed to be in the "I can just go up and overpower people" mode - again, an adjustment period there.

Yab's also a smooth player rather than someone who gives you "wow" moments offensively or defensively.

I was trying to think of a comp and thought of Ryan Gomes. Gomes has a better midrange shot and gets his shot off quicker, at least at this point in his career, and Yab is a bit bigger, but there are some similarities, especially if you think about how Gomes played earlier in his career.

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Let me add that I am not sure if I saw him set one legitimate and legal screen in which he was not moving illegally or using his arms (pushing). 

He does have the quickness and the ability to roll well to the basket or to the open spot and does that quite well!!

Smitty77

P.S.  He can rebound the ball strongly as well!!

P.S.S.  Yes, perhaps I over-reacted a little:-))  I was p---ed that I wasted my time and money watching a guy that was not in shape try to play himself back into shape.  We do NOT need another Big Baby or Sully in Boston!!!!
The pre-draft reports that I read on him said similar things.

Good shooter,including 3 point range.

Good pick and roll offense.

Should rebound well.

But unsure on defense. Did not seem to play as hard on defense.

I do not recall what they said about his passing.

So, he may be as advertised. Good on offense, less so on defense. I think it will be fun to watch and see how CBS uses his skills.

In actuality, his D wasn't bad until he picked up his fourth foul.  He then simply stopped contesting as he wanted to stay on the floor!!!  The refs were HORRIBLE and called some hilarious stuff on our bigs and let their guards (especially Wilkins) foul continuously.  Wilkins should have been given one or two flagrant ones, but neither was called.  I hope and pray that these refs NEVER EVER see a real NBA game UNLESS the improve by leaps and bounds.  The outcome of this game was pre-determined.  They were to MAKE SURE that the Swarm won their last home game at all costs.  Congrats, they accomplished that!!

Smitty77

Do you realize that you just acknowledged in your last two posts that your OP was an emotional overreaction to your experience going to the game. He is not fat, and not as bad as you depicted. Congrats for the fake news.

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2017, 12:00:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Did yall notice how the skinny #7 threw Yabusele like a ragdoll? If anything he needs to put on more weight if that skinny rail can flip him like that. HAHAHA

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Smitty77

Smitty77
I challenge you to put forth definitive proof that he is in fact "fat" as you claim him to be. All the links posted in this tread prove otherwise.

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2017, 12:58:48 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
danny drafted length yabusele wingspan 7-1.5 with 8-11 reach
,nader 7-1.5 wingspan and is 6-6/7
,zizic wingspan 7-2
and nobody is skinny

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/04/bulpett_guerschon_yabusele_dazzles_in_d_league_debut

I trust him more.

Was Steve Bulpett at the game, because I saw NO sign of him there and it is a pretty intimate little arena that barely holds 2200 of there about???

I would tend to trust someone that was actually there IN PERSON.

Smitty77