Author Topic: Yabusele  (Read 24310 times)

Re: Yabusele
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2017, 12:58:58 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170331/MNEGBO/

Stats, highlights, and a link to rewatch the game.

Thanks for the link

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2017, 01:05:36 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yabusele was injured for the last month or so.
It's his first game back from that injury and already some Celtic fans are writing him off.

I am NOT writing him off.  I am saying that he IS overweight right now and that he canNOT currently guard quick SF's.

Smitty77

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 01:08:23 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

I was SO disappointed.  He likely will NOT make our team next year!!

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Mickey is TERRIBLE and cannot even come close to dominating at this low level.

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOsV8KFNCZE

I wish I was so fat and out of shape.

He might be too big, heavy, and slow to guard NBA small forwards, but fat? No.
That picture is from before the draft, so months ago. Last time I checked, you could gain and lose weight. Seems like a novel concept.

And people were calling him fat back then too.  He has broad shoulders, a barrel chest, wide hips, and a large rear end.  That makes him look fat with a shirt on.  Novel concept.

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2017, 01:27:52 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Overreaction of the year candidate right here

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2017, 05:16:36 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I attended the game tonight at Greensboro.  Here are my impressions of Yabu.  He is FAT and OUT OF SHAPE!!  He is a TWEENER.  He is too big and slow to guard quick SF's and perhaps too short to guard PF's at the next level.  His future is to either lose about 25-35 pounds to play SF or to move some of that fat into more muscle and play as an undersized PF.

Nader had a poor game by his standards, but he seemed like he had lost 20 pounds since seeing him play in G-boro about a month ago.

This game was rigged as the refs were going to make sure that the Swarm won their last home game!!

Jackson is a JOKE!!!!  He showed me NOTHING!!!  I simply cannot see what the heck Danny saw in him to warrant giving him a multiple year deal, albeit not all guaranteed!!!

I am afraid I got to see three misses by Danny tonight in Yabusele, Mickey, and Jackson.  Let's hope Nader is a gem (and I think he is!!!)!!!!

Smitty77

Thanks for the truth.  Truth is an allergy to the perpectual optimistic nature of many around heere.

Yes, this is the one and only truth. We have nothing else to say about the topic   ::)

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 05:19:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Smitty77

Thanks for the truth.  Truth is an allergy to the perpectual optimistic nature of many around heere.

Yes, this is the one and only truth. We have nothing else to say about the topic   ::)
Classic pessimists way to think. The only truth is the most negative comment in the whole thread, everyone else is blind to facts  ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 06:18:41 AM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4

Doesn't look fat(at the end of the clip), looks just as muscular and strong as he was before...

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2017, 07:34:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The kid dropped 17 pts and 9 rbs, coming off from an injury and unfamiliar new system.

True, but the flip side of that is that Mickey scored 24 points and we know how great of an NBA player he is when given the opportunity. 

Still, the guy almost had a double double, playing with guys he does not know.  D league games mean next to nothing as do summer league.

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2017, 07:56:36 AM »

Offline Green-Bananas

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
The good thing is we know he can score points? My question is, can he play good enough
defense to get PT next season? I don't think we'll know the answer watching him in the
D-League.

Does anyone know, if he will be at camp this summer? I mean, if he is invited to camp
does that somehow affect his contract status, vs playing one more season abroad?

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I think YOU are overreacting a BIT in this THREAD.

Ha ha ha!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

TP for the report Smitty. Yabu has no future as a SF. He was drafted to be a stretch four man.

He's shorter but does have an almost 7'2" wingspan, and he can shoot the three. It's too bad you report he's out of shape. Maybe he's a more athletic Sullinger.

He's got some upside, but I'm terrified about his defense, he probably should be stashed another year.
He is nowhere close to being out of shape, legit looked like a tank out there.

only picture I could  find of him
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/847980665849118724

Right!!!  I mean, what the heck do I know.  I was only sitting on the 4th row and watching him in PERSON.  Until you have done that, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Be VERY QUIET.

Smitty77

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Let me add that I am not sure if I saw him set one legitimate and legal screen in which he was not moving illegally or using his arms (pushing). 

He does have the quickness and the ability to roll well to the basket or to the open spot and does that quite well!!

Smitty77

P.S.  He can rebound the ball strongly as well!!

P.S.S.  Yes, perhaps I over-reacted a little:-))  I was p---ed that I wasted my time and money watching a guy that was not in shape and is clearly trying to play himself back into shape.  We do NOT need another Big Baby or Sully in Boston!!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:10:25 AM by Smitty77 »

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2017, 08:58:07 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Let me add that I am not sure if I saw him set one legitimate and legal screen in which he was not moving illegally or using his arms (pushing). 

He does have the quickness and the ability to roll well to the basket or to the open spot and does that quite well!!

Smitty77

P.S.S.  Yes, perhaps I over-reacted a little:-))  I was p---ed that I wasted my time and money watching a guy that was not in shape try to play himself back into shape.  We do NOT need another Big Baby or Sully in Boston!!!!
The pre-draft reports that I read on him said similar things.

Good shooter,including 3 point range.

Good pick and roll offense.

Should rebound well.

But unsure on defense. Did not seem to play as hard on defense.

I do not recall what they said about his passing.

So, he may be as advertised. Good on offense, less so on defense. I think it will be fun to watch and see how CBS uses his skills.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

P.S.S.  Yes, perhaps I over-reacted a little:-))  I was p---ed that I wasted my time and money watching a guy that was not in shape try to play himself back into shape.  We do NOT need another Big Baby or Sully in Boston!!!!
The pre-draft reports that I read on him said similar things.

Good shooter,including 3 point range.

Good pick and roll offense.

Should rebound well.

But unsure on defense. Did not seem to play as hard on defense.

I do not recall what they said about his passing.

So, he may be as advertised. Good on offense, less so on defense. I think it will be fun to watch and see how CBS uses his skills.

In actuality, his D wasn't bad until he picked up his fourth foul.  He then simply stopped contesting as he wanted to stay on the floor!!!  The refs were HORRIBLE and called some hilarious stuff on our bigs and let their guards (especially Wilkins) foul continuously.  Wilkins should have been given one or two flagrant ones, but neither was called.  I hope and pray that these refs NEVER EVER see a real NBA game UNLESS the improve by leaps and bounds.  The outcome of this game was pre-determined.  They were to MAKE SURE that the Swarm won their last home game at all costs.  Congrats, they accomplished that!!

Smitty77

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
hey smitty no need to apologize after sully and his issues-
 isn't yabu 20, just finished a full season over in china shooting threes ,being creative getting to basket and rebounding-
not bad playing after a 2 week lapse due to injury in better league with all new players non -asian

nader has been struggling with his shooting, it might be the long cold season in d league up in maine
naders game the easiest for me to judge gets to hoop right and left ,hits his threes and will play more in control  with celts-hes got that long first step and a wingspan that is elite-
i'm going to watch the balance of the red claws game now-