Author Topic: Yabusele  (Read 24332 times)

Re: Yabusele
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2017, 10:14:48 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I watched Maine's game until the Celtics started last night (all the first half).

He is well conditioned, trust me. He is not fat at all, just a peculiar body construction with the bottom very retracted, and it is misleading. His soft touch from outside has improved since he played in France, and he is very smart. It's amazing how he plays when he's not been with the team until the last regular season games.

What "worries" me is that signing a max free agent he might have to spend another year overseas. It could be very beneficial to both parts if he can play in a top European club, but if he ends up in China or the G-League his development will not be appropriate.

If he stays in Maine next year without signing a Celtics contract, that would be just great in my opinion.  While the competition wouldn't be as strong as in Europe, he would play in the same system as Boston, as well as adap to American rules (apparently one of the causes of his turnovers is due to his shuffling his feet when receiving the ball on the perimeter, which was not called in China.)

I think it would help him transition to the NBA as someone ready to contribute.  If he signs with the Celtics, I expect his season will he spent in Maine anyway.

As you have guessed (I hope, because I trust your intelligence a lot) I'm telling about the salary cap problems. If we have him signed in those "double way contracts", his cap is counting? And the first year of his rookie contract is spent or he would be "blank" in these terms?

Thanks as always!! What you say about the travelling is interesting, but I don't know if Maine's wages can remotely compete with maybe a million dollars offered overseas.

I am almost positive he cannot sign a two-way contract -- I have read the CBA and it would seem to not work, and no one whom I trust has said that's allowable.  He would be allowed to sign no contract over the summer and play in Maine, like Nader did this year, and like Josh Huestis did a couple of years ago for the Thunder as a 1st round pick.  If he agreed to do this and sent a letter to the NBA, he would not count against the cap.

I don't expect this to happen, because financially there's a huge difference between Maine and China.  The Celtics would have to convince him that it would benefit his long-term ability to have a successful career.  I think it would, personally, but the differences in compensation next year would be massive.

That's why I'm saying it won't be possible. A million dollars is a HUGE difference.

Also, thanks BitterJim for your kind answer. TP for both.

« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Can he be brought up to play in the playoffs, say if someone on the active roster comes down with the old Hellenic Flu?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Can he be brought up to play in the playoffs, say if someone on the active roster comes down with the old Hellenic Flu?

No.  Now that the regular season has ended, no new contracts can be signed until July.  Jackson and Mickey are the only two playing in Maine who are currently under contract with Boston.

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Thanks, maybe a Mickey sighting will help their rebounding.  Hey, could it hurt?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Thanks, maybe a Mickey sighting will help their rebounding.  Hey, could it hurt?
yes, it could because mickey has not shown himself to be a great rebounder in the nba. he has not shown he has mastered the defensive schemes of the celtics. and he certainly has not shown he can play within CBS offensive schemes with any consistency.

yes, he could make things worse.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2017, 04:54:41 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
yes, it could because mickey has not shown himself to be a great rebounder in the nba. he has not shown he has mastered the defensive schemes of the celtics. and he certainly has not shown he can play within CBS offensive schemes with any consistency.

Well, Triboy said that Mickey doesn't get that many rebounds because he doesn't jump as high as he possibly can because he doesn't like to show off. (Yes, he really said that) Now maybe that's true and if Mickey decides to start "showing off" then he could grab a few rebounds.

« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Well, Triboy said that Mickey doesn't get that many rebounds because he doesn't jump as high as he possibly can because he doesn't like to show off. (Yes, he really said that) Now maybe that's true and if Mickey decides to start "showing off" then he could grab a few rebounds.

Tri-B and Mickey are good friends off the court. Tri-B told him not to show too much until the final year of his deal, because TB doesn't want him to get hurt.

Then he has a advised Mickey to show out and avg 20ppg 12 rpg and 4bpg, and he said he's free to jump his highest.

« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2017, 05:56:50 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
yubusele shouldn't be stashed again what if he gets injured
there is a lot of time for nader and yabusele before next season begins
hopefully red claws win tomorrow another tough game their opponents got some length and fire

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2017, 06:02:31 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I still think it was negligent for DA to pick him at 16.