Author Topic: Suns and Lakers in full tank mode, Brooklyn keeps winning. Trouble for us?  (Read 24844 times)

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I'm more concerned about the greater likelihood that even if we do get the greatest odds at the #1 pick, we'll still end up with a worse pick.

Lottery day is going to be excruciating.

Yeah. Considering Philly did it last year, when have we ever seen the team with the worst record get the #1 pick in the lottery 2 years in a row?

Well, um, it actually happened in 2015 and 2016. The Timerwolves had the best odds in 2015 and won it, then Philly in 2016

Brain fart?

Edit: It has never happened 3 times in a row, though

Darn! That's even worse then!
you flip a coin and it comes up heads nine times in a row. what are the odds of it coming up heads on the next flip?  ::)

100% if it has 2 heads!  :laugh:

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm more concerned about the greater likelihood that even if we do get the greatest odds at the #1 pick, we'll still end up with a worse pick.

Yeah. Considering Philly did it last year, when have we ever seen the team with the worst record get the #1 pick in the lottery 2 years in a row?

Well, um, it actually happened in 2015 and 2016. The Timerwolves had the best odds in 2015 and won it, then Philly in 2016

Brain fart?

you flip a coin and it comes up heads nine times in a row. what are the odds of it coming up heads on the next flip?  ::)

Is David Stern flipping the coin?

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watching Laker game, first half.

Pathetic.

Silver should strip them of their pick, give it to Sixers.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Brain fart?

Is David Stern flipping the coin?
Ha, ha, ha. A tp for the post.

And one for RRA as well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Pathetic.

S the only way Lakers can rebuild is fire smart people like Mitch and hire people who have no clue about team building other than tank and cross their fingers and hope Ball is the next Jason Kidd.

NBA needs to repair the way they give out draft rights.    Instead of playing for wins and title teams are playing to,loose and win draft lottery.     The his ismjust screwed up . 

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Pathetic.

S the only way Lakers can rebuild is fire smart people like Mitch and hire people who have no clue about team building other than tank and cross their fingers and hope Ball is the next Jason Kidd.

NBA needs to repair the way they give out draft rights.    Instead of playing for wins and title teams are playing to,loose and win draft lottery.     The his ismjust screwed up .
Mitch is smart?  The Mozgov and Deng contracts beg to disagree.  The Lakers tanking isn't new.  They tank hard 2 years ago.  Hiring Byron Scott as coach is one of the best tank moves a team can make. 

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Welp... the good news is that 4 of their last 6 games are on the road, and they have been horrific there.

Also, 4 of their last 6 are against decent teams. Atlanta and the Bulls are both fighting for their playoff lives and should show up.

And Brad hopefully should get the C's motivated for our game against them.

That leaves Philly and Orlando, which are both thankfully road games.

Will be very hard for the Nets to win 4 of 6.

vs ATL
@ PHI
@ORL
vs CHI
@BOS
@CHI

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Over their last 20 games, the Nets are 8-12. Projecting that .400 winning percentage to their last 6 games means they most likely win only 2-3 more games.

Meanwhile the Lakers are 2-18 over their last 20 games and project to win either 0 or 1 game the rest of the way.

Just don't see the Nets catching the Lakers. Especially given each team's schedule. My guess is the Nets end up 2 games behind LA.

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
If lakers do get the first pick they'll pick Lonzo which would be perfect! Who needs this?
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/3/24/15043720/lavar-ball-coach-run-ucla-nba-lonzo-liangelo-lamelo-chino-hills

"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Over their last 20 games, the Nets are 8-12. Projecting that .400 winning percentage to their last 6 games means they most likely win only 2-3 more games.

Meanwhile the Lakers are 2-18 over their last 20 games and project to win either 0 or 1 game the rest of the way.

Just don't see the Nets catching the Lakers. Especially given each team's schedule. My guess is the Nets end up 2 games behind LA.

No offense but these projections are worthless.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Why are they worthless?

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Why are they worthless?
I don't get it either.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Just took a large sampling of games and projected that winning percentage against games still to be played. The sample size is a quarter season and includes away and home games, back to back games and games versus a myriad of quality teams. It may not be perfect in predicting what might happen but at least its and indication of what should happen if the teams play at the same quality as they have for the past quarter season and is better than " I have a gut feeling this is going to happen" scenarios other have thrown out there.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Pathetic.

Absurd post considering how horrible the Sixers were for multiple recent year.