Author Topic: Smart/Brown exchange  (Read 13634 times)

Re: Smart/Brown exchange
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I wish I could trust Smart's judgment-- but his shot selection is, sometimes, just so flat out stupid that I just cannot see his "leadership" and mouth as more than self promoting himself for the hero role.

Don't get me wrong his game has come along way this year... but he still has nights where he heroes us out of games.

What I saw was Marcus chewing out Jaylen and Crowder stepping in and telling Marcus to cool it and then IT telling Marcus to listen to Crowder--that to me shows who the real leaders are!

Where does the self promoting stuff come from? I have never seen him self promote himself. We are talking Marcus and not IT correct? I also didn't see what you mentioned about Crowder telling Marcus to cool it and IT stepping in to say the same. I saw Crowder telling Jaylen to back off and don't continue to the rook.

Seems to me Every interview Marcus talks about his role, his leadership, his hard work--never his poor choices.   Crowder is in Marcus's face--between Marcus and Jaylen until Marcus sits down --what did you see?

He is not in Marcus'  face. He stepped between them to break it up and he was facing Marcus initially but it doesn't mean he is saying anything and he turned and clearly said something to Brown with a scowl on his face which to me is just shut up rook and knock it off.

I believe Jaylen Brown told Smart how he really feels.

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This is getting ridiculous. The Smart haters are blowing things up just so they can add somethibg to aid on smart. One poster even connected the popcorn to smart.

Smart takes bad shots. He also doesnt shoot well. He flops too much. But he clearly has shown leadership in the team, you cannot deny that. He is among the most vocal communicators in the team, whether its encouraging teammates, barking defense orders or praising them.

There is nothing to see here. Players disagree. Pierce didnt agree with rondo sometimes yet he still love the guy. Both guys have a point, and both of them are fiery and competitive. Rookie hazing is a thing, if brown is okay with it who the heck are you to complain?! Google is a thing, use it and you can are tons of similar incidents which are okay with players.

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If brown scores smart says nothing

But if Brown doesnt score, Smart gets burnt....and he did

Smart kept saying why didnt you wait for the play.... Maybe if brown waited another sec, smart runs around the screen , stops and if Brown drives  , Smart doesnt get upset, because he can get back a sec quicker to prevent the transition opportunity

Whatever the case is, if this is still ongoing Brad needs to step in
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:37:12 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
If brown scores smart says nothing

But if Brown doesnt score, Smart gets burnt....and he did

Smart kept saying why didnt you wait for the play.... Maybe if brown waited another sec, smart runs around the screen , stops and if Brown drives  , Smart doesnt get upset, because he can get back a sec quicker to prevent the transition opportunity

Whatever the case is, if this is still ongoing Brad needs to step in

Sorry, but that's not a good idea at all.
Smart himself couldn't stand the pressure of everyone calling him out after he misses a forced up shot which you're suggesting is ok for others to do.
If anything a good leader might have acknowledged that Brown broke off the play because he saw an opportunity to get to the basket which he did do, and let him know that he has Smart's trust in him to take advantage of those opportunities when he sees them. He can re-enforce the idea that he should make sure that he makes the shot next time.

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2017, 05:55:44 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

what a stupid prank... i would sell the car

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.

pranks are fine, but ruining a new car? 

you can't properly clean that

$4,743,000.

That's how much Jaylen Brown will make this season. Pardon me if I'm not queuing up the world's tiniest violin for his "totaled" car - which it isn't by the way. It's not like they filled his car with applesauce, a good detailer will likely be able to clean it. He posted it to social media because he thought it was funny. You're feelings are more hurt than his.

This particular prank isn't new in the NBA, btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNbadXq_L4

EDIT: Ilikesports17 beat me to it. TP.

I guess you are not aware of how car detailing works.... it will be near impossible to get all that popcorn grease out

you want to be driving in that?   i wouldn't want to

we can agree to disagree.... its a stupid prank imo...  not as bad as to injuring someone while performing a prank ...

Popcorn grease? Let's tone it down a little bit.

This is actually a very common rookie prank in all sports. Pretty sure he'll figure out a way to get it cleaned just like every guy before him did.

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
These incidents spell the end for one of these guys.  Expect a draft night trade of Jaylen Brown and/or Smart for a talented big (e.g., Okafor).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2017, 06:32:23 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Csnne.com

Marcus Smart on disagreement with Jaylen Brown: 'Everything's cool'

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/marcus-smart-disagreement-jaylen-brown-everythings-cool

They are over it now so should we.

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Csnne.com

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/marcus-smart-disagreement-jaylen-brown-everythings-cool

I can guarantee that people on this thread have thought about it more than Smart and Jaylen combined
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 07:25:44 PM by BitterJim »
I'm bitter.

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2017, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Csnne.com

I can guarantee that people on this thread have though about it more than Smart and Jaylen combined

Yup......worry warts have made a mountain out or a mole hill.

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2017, 08:14:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Csnne.com

I can guarantee that people on this thread have thought about it more than Smart and Jaylen combined

Clearly just the quiet before the storm.   ;D
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2017, 08:52:53 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
These incidents spell the end for one of these guys.  Expect a draft night trade of Jaylen Brown and/or Smart for a talented big (e.g., Okafor).
They should have a cage fight. Winner stays, loser goes.

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2017, 08:53:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Good to see  ;D

When asked about what the disagreement was about, Smart said, “That was between me and Jaylen. Nothing that was life threatening, or something like everybody's blowing it up to be. It was just two guys, every team everybody argues. That's just how it is. It's like when you have a brother or sister, you argue. ”

“I let it go. I’m passionate about the game. I want to win, too,” Brown said. “We’re heading into the playoffs. There’s stuff we have to clean up as a team. I think confrontation and arguments are going to happen. It’s a part of the game. Moving forward, I think it’s a good thing. We should be better for it.”

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2017, 10:15:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This is a joke, right? I mean both Smart and Brown are like 2-3 times more valuable than Okafor. I am just not getting the joke. That must be it

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
you cant be serious...Okafor a talented big?

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
They should have a cage fight. Winner stays, loser goes.

Lol! chants " Two men enter, one man leaves, two men enter one man leaves.

"Well aint we a pair, raggedy man."
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-