Author Topic: Smart/Brown exchange  (Read 13626 times)

Re: Smart/Brown exchange
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2017, 11:42:34 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

what a stupid prank... i would sell the car

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.

pranks are fine, but ruining a new car? 

you can't properly clean that

$4,743,000.

That's how much Jaylen Brown will make this season. Pardon me if I'm not queuing up the world's tiniest violin for his "totaled" car - which it isn't by the way. It's not like they filled his car with applesauce, a good detailer will likely be able to clean it. He posted it to social media because he thought it was funny. You're feelings are more hurt than his.

This particular prank isn't new in the NBA, btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNbadXq_L4

EDIT: Ilikesports17 beat me to it. TP.

I guess you are not aware of how car detailing works.... it will be near impossible to get all that popcorn grease out

you want to be driving in that?   i wouldn't want to

we can agree to disagree.... its a stupid prank imo...  not as bad as to injuring someone while performing a prank ...

This popcorn in the rookie's car is one of the most common pranks in the nba and happens all the time. You are over reacting.
Much easier to clean than you think.
This is why smart parents buy a car with leather seats so all the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. that kids get everywhere just rubs right off.

Look up nba rookie pranks if you don't believe me.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.

$4,743,000.

That's how much Jaylen Brown will make this season. Pardon me if I'm not queuing up the world's tiniest violin for his "totaled" car - which it isn't by the way. It's not like they filled his car with applesauce, a good detailer will likely be able to clean it. He posted it to social media because he thought it was funny. You're feelings are more hurt than his.

I guess you are not aware of how car detailing works.... it will be near impossible to get all that popcorn grease out

we can agree to disagree.... its a stupid prank imo...  not as bad as to injuring someone while performing a prank ...
How do you know it's not dry popcorn?  Why do you assume it's  buttered? 

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2017, 12:55:05 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
The finger pointing and attitude is just part of the prank 8)

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2017, 01:33:06 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'd hate for widdle Jaylen to get his fee fees hurt.

He's a professional basketball player, not a delicate flower.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2017, 05:09:00 AM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Jaylen was probably saying that he should have been the one taking 10 shots in the game and Marcus the one taking 5.

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2017, 05:21:20 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48

$4,743,000.

So we need to find out what kind of Popcorn it was to know if there is an issue between Marcus and Jaylen ? Wow, how long did I sleep ?

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2017, 05:40:35 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

$4,743,000.

Look at the [dang] popcorn coloration. You can clearly see the white bits that are dry and the rich yellow looking ones which are buttered.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2017, 06:42:20 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've seen some other video's were Smart is trying to imprint his dominance on Brown, in one on one's. Not sure if there is something going on, or Smart thinks he's making Brown "tougher". Smart could also feel threatened by Brown who got the starting nod over him when AB went down. But thats more Stevens wanting Smart run the second unit than Brown out playing Smart.

As of the play, Smart had no right. Brown had the lane, he just took it a little soft. Next season, or even in a month he goes harder and he finishes that play. You have to break the plays once in a while, teams know what they are running by now, it keeps the D honest.

When Joakim Noah was a rookie in Chicago it's been well documented that Ben Wallace went at him every practice, never giving him in an inch and probably taking it too far regularly. The very next year Joakim Noah is going toe-to-toe with KG not taking an inch from him because if he could handle the abuse from Ben Wallace he could handle it from anyone.

Smart isn't being as bad as Wallace was to Noah but that kind of competitive nature is valuable in practice. Crowder and Smart made it clear this summer that Jaylen wasn't going to just ease his way onto this team. We had a tough minded defensive culture and if the rookie thought he was just going to come in and do things his way he was in for a rude awakening. To Jaylen's credit he responded.

Now look at Jaylen, he's referring to games big games as bar fights and saying Steph Curry's antics are cute. He feels comfortable speaking his mind and going against the best because he's paid his dues in practice and can hold his head high that he is a member of the brotherhood.

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
I wish I could trust Smart's judgment-- but his shot selection is, sometimes, just so flat out stupid that I just cannot see his "leadership" and mouth as more than self promoting himself for the hero role.

Don't get me wrong his game has come a long way this year... but he still has nights where he heroes us out of games.

What I saw was Marcus chewing out Jaylen and Crowder stepping in and telling Marcus to cool it and then IT telling Marcus to listen to Crowder--that to me shows who the real leaders are!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 08:48:16 AM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I wish I could trust Smart's judgment-- but his shot selection is, sometimes, just so flat out stupid that I just cannot see his "leadership" and mouth as more than self promoting himself for the hero role.

Don't get me wrong his game has come along way this year... but he still has nights where he heroes us out of games.

What I saw was Marcus chewing out Jaylen and Crowder stepping in and telling Marcus to cool it and then IT telling Marcus to listen to Crowder--that to me shows who the real leaders are!

Where does the self promoting stuff come from? I have never seen him self promote himself. We are talking Marcus and not IT correct? I also didn't see what you mentioned about Crowder telling Marcus to cool it and IT stepping in to say the same. I saw Crowder telling Jaylen to back off and don't continue to the rook.

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2017, 08:49:57 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

Don't get me wrong his game has come along way this year... but he still has nights where he heroes us out of games.

Where does the self promoting stuff come from? I have never seen him self promote himself. We are talking Marcus and not IT correct? I also didn't see what you mentioned about Crowder telling Marcus to cool it and IT stepping in to say the same. I saw Crowder telling Jaylen to back off and don't continue to the rook.

Seems to me Every interview Marcus talks about his role, his leadership, his hard work--never his poor choices.   Crowder is in Marcus's face--between Marcus and Jaylen until Marcus sits down --what did you see?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Seems to me Every interview Marcus talks about his role, his leadership, his hard work--never his poor choices.   Crowder is in Marcus's face--between Marcus and Jaylen until Marcus sits down --what did you see?

He is not in Marcus'  face. He stepped between them to break it up and he was facing Marcus initially but it doesn't mean he is saying anything and he turned and clearly said something to Brown with a scowl on his face which to me is just shut up rook and knock it off.

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
It's good to see The Celtics players with their blood up! We need more of this not less!

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It's good to see The Celtics players with their blood up! We need more of this not less!

I totally agree. Nothing wrong with a little on the job training. I love both players and Jaylen is smart enough to learn from it.

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Marcus is not our leader and who is he to be talking smack to Jaylen.  Did not like him pointing his finger in Brown's face.  When he gets his 3 point shooting up past 27% maybe he can talk.  I think the kid has issues and we are only seeing the beginning. The rookie is just getting it and does not need that kind of treatment right now.

I must agree.