Author Topic: Smart/Brown exchange  (Read 13611 times)

Re: Smart/Brown exchange
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 07:46:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

what a stupid prank... i would sell the car

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.

pranks are fine, but ruining a new car? 

you can't properly clean that

$4,743,000.

That's how much Jaylen Brown will make this season. Pardon me if I'm not queuing up the world's tiniest violin for his "totaled" car - which it isn't by the way. It's not like they filled his car with applesauce, a good detailer will likely be able to clean it. He posted it to social media because he thought it was funny. You're feelings are more hurt than his.

This particular prank isn't new in the NBA, btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNbadXq_L4

EDIT: Ilikesports17 beat me to it. TP.

I guess you are not aware of how car detailing works.... it will be near impossible to get all that popcorn grease out

you want to be driving in that?   i wouldn't want to

we can agree to disagree.... its a stupid prank imo...  not as bad as to injuring someone while performing a prank ...

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Marcus is not our leader and who is he to be talking smack to Jaylen.  Did not like him pointing his finger in Brown's face.  When he gets his 3 point shooting up past 27% maybe he can talk.  I think the kid has issues and we are only seeing the beginning. The rookie is just getting it and does not need that kind of treatment right now.

i disagree, Marcus is probably one of our most vocal leaders and has shown to be able to lead by example. He might not be the best offensive player or perfect offensive player we all hope him to be, but he in my honest opinion is our toughest player and everyone who watched him since being drafted knows the moment he steps on the court he brings tenacity, hard nosed defense. Now I don't think Smart/Brown exchange was serious. Teammates argue and in a way Smart is more or less like Rondo (not a bad thing), I am talking about Smart following orders and executing the coaches orders (I know he has had exchanges with the coach before but he later apologizes).

I mean if you think this is serious, what did you think when Crowder lashes out on Boston fans on twitter or IT calling out his teammates or coaching staff? You think those are any less serious than teammates bickering on the bench?

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.

Brown is making 4.7 million dollars this year. Im sure he can afford to get his car cleaned.

This is not about money

so he makes 4.7 million,  should he eat out everyday....buy whatever he wants on a daily basis?
::) ::) ::)
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 07:53:07 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I've seen some other video's were Smart is trying to imprint his dominance on Brown, in one on one's. Not sure if there is something going on, or Smart thinks he's making Brown "tougher". Smart could also feel threatened by Brown who got the starting nod over him when AB went down. But thats more Stevens wanting Smart run the second unit than Brown out playing Smart.

As of the play, Smart had no right. Brown had the lane, he just took it a little soft. Next season, or even in a month he goes harder and he finishes that play. You have to break the plays once in a while, teams know what they are running by now, it keeps the D honest.

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 07:57:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
No big deal. Jaylen didn't took it to heart. Why would you? If he gets offended by it and cause locker room disruption, then I'd worry.

Just take it to a carwash and let the cleaning crew do their thing. I bet it would even cost more than 100 bucks. Some people are really blowing this up out of proportion.

Yep. It's just two competitive young guys butting heads. That's the price of admission, and I love it. I'd take them occasionally bumping heads every once in awhile rather than them being soft or less aggressive.

Have people not watched the videos of these two after practice? They're pretty much this competitive and chippy with each other all of the time. That builds camradarie and trust between players, and I love it. That defines Celtics basketball and the character of this team, even if it hasn't always shown through this year.

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 07:57:57 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
These are my two favorite players on the team and I think its absolutely beautiful. Jaylen stood his ground to our toughest player. Man I love it.

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 08:47:14 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
That's what we need to do, get rid of all our players who play with passion.  ::)

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Marcus is not our leader.

He's not but who is? Is it IT? Didn't he just flak all over this board for his comments after the Clippers.

Is it Jae? Didn't he also get crap for sulking and arguing with fans after they applauded Gordon Hayward?

Or is it Al? Is a guy deemed by several posters unworthy of his max deal because #stats worthy of being deemed a leader?

My point is, stop holding these players on a pedestal. Guys are going to have emotional moments. We won't like it all the time. We have no idea what was said here, we have no idea how it was handled afterwards in the locker room between the players themselves or the coaching staff. Put your pitchforks away, at least until we have something credible.
If I were a young player and I had decent knowledge of everyone on the team the player I'd respect most is Avery.  2nd would be IT.  Pretty big drop off after that

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »

Offline Green-Bananas

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
No big deal. Jaylen didn't took it to heart. Why would you? If he gets offended by it and cause locker room disruption, then I'd worry.

Just take it to a carwash and let the cleaning crew do their thing. I bet it would even cost more than 100 bucks. Some people are really blowing this up out of proportion.

Yep. It's just two competitive young guys butting heads. That's the price of admission, and I love it. I'd take them occasionally bumping heads every once in awhile rather than them being soft or less aggressive.

Have people not watched the videos of these two after practice? They're pretty much this competitive and chippy with each other all of the time. That builds camradarie and trust between players, and I love it. That defines Celtics basketball and the character of this team, even if it hasn't always shown through this year.

Yea, I posted the links on the first page of this thread

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Yup. Arguments like that happen in games.  Your adrenaline gets pumping, and you probably go a little further than you would have otherwise. And when the other person does the same thing, you hit a stalemate.  Then, later (in my experience, at least), cooler heads prevail and you can talk it out (and apologize if needed).  That's the type of thing that happens behind the scenes later, so we won't see it.

The people worrying about it in the tread need to think back to when they played competitive sports. This stuff happens, and if Jaylen were the type to take offense to Marcus getting in his face like that, he probably wouldn't have been going right back at Marcus in return.  They're two young, competitive men in a competitive setting.  This is par for the course.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
LBJ did this prank to Shaq when he was a cavs but it was with packing peanuts.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Brown is making 4.7 million dollars this year. Im sure he can afford to get his car cleaned.

This is not about money

so he makes 4.7 million,  should he eat out everyday....buy whatever he wants on a daily basis?

Sometimes I don't know if you're serious or you're just here to instigate arguments. Its getting ridiculous.

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I can't believe noone has mentioned that he has a big whole in the paint just below the front window. I like Jaylen more and more everyday. Look forward to him developing Pierce-like swagger.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2017, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Marcus needs to settle down. First off we need more guys going to the rim, not discouraging it. Second Marcus has been throwing up some awful shots lately. Obviously this is something boiling over and he was just waiting for his opportunity to lash out at jaylen. Jaylen stood his ground though which I think is a good sign. Vets on the team need to take care of it.