Author Topic: Smart/Brown exchange  (Read 13628 times)

Re: Smart/Brown exchange
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Who has been on the court for every critical minute since what? Midway in his rookie season? Who do you want on the court when the game is on the line? Does this give Smart the right to "act up"?

None of us was on the court for that possession, but, a play was called and Jaylen did what he thought was best. I imagine if Stevens thought it was a big deal he would handle it.

Smart and Brown had another altercation that was discussed by the idiots on sports radio today.

My opinion is that Smart is the veteran and Brown is the rookie, thus, Smart assumes he has a right to bark at Brown.

As far as trades, Ainge will never get anything close to Smart's value to this team in return, ever.
As far as Brown? He's got to win some games and then he can tell whomever to shove it when he wants.

Take sides if you like, with 40 seconds on the clock down two points, I want Smart in the game. The other guy, hopefully, will make me change my mind some day.

What the core issue might be?

There isn't a sheriff in town and I think Smart could use one.
Crowder isn't Kevin Garnett, but, I guess he's the sheriff...If Smart wants to be the sheriff some day, he should take some courses on it or something. Garnett would simply look at a team mate and the message would be delivered.

Rondo skipped a game for a birthday party...you think that would've went down with KG on the team? 

This is all on Brad Stevens for now.

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Smart will be the Dennis Rodman of his generation. A defensive stud with lots of holes in his offense..intense on the court and lets his emotions out. He is also expendeble if his behavior becomes an issue.

Draft Fultz or Jackson, keep AB and i have no qualms including MS in a trade for a fringe starter/allstar. He has no right to do that to JB since he himself jacks up ill advice threes when there are lots of time on the clock.

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 07:21:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm a big fan of Smart but yeah... he is no angel

arguments with coaching staff, gets into altercations with opposing players (sometimes unnecessary) and now this with a teammate

do it behind closed door

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Marcus is a tough, competitive guy. He lets his feelings talk, just like Draymond Green did with KD earlier this year. Both were "right" about the argument, from what I can see.

Now, he might be going a bit hard on the Rookie. Rookies make mistakes. I guess Jaylen saw an opportunity to drive to the basket and took it instead of runing the play. C's were up 13 with 7 min left to play, maybe he thought the deal was sealed.

Anyway, I don't think there is anything big behind that. Marcus could have gone softer, he didn't... meh.

I can't stand Draymond either.  One of the biggest punks in the league.  If somebody at work pointed his finger to my nose like Smart did to Brown,  I would be livid.  Smart has some punk in him and that is why he is always getting into it with other players.  If I shot 27% from three at 4 attempts a game,  my coach would tell me to stop shooting the freaking three.  Smart takes more bad shots than anyone on this team and nobody gets in his face. His 3 point % has actually gone down from last season. 

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 07:22:16 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

what a stupid prank... i would sell the car

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/03/16/celtics-teammates-prank-jaylen-brown-by-filling-his-car-with-popcorn/

Oh god, are you about to turn this into a "Jaylen's teammates are mean to him" thing? Every rookie gets pranked in the NBA throughout their first year.

I'm officially seeing myself out of this thread because he see the usual suspects are showing up and it's about to be a DEFCON 5 situation.

What bothers me about these "pranks" is that the guys who pulled it probably told their minions "go get some popcorn and put it in Jaylen's car, haha!"....and then Jaylen saw it and said "great prank, haha!" before telling his minions to go clean his car out.

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 07:28:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

pranks are fine, but ruining a new car? 

you can't properly clean that

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

What bothers me about these "pranks" is that the guys who pulled it probably told their minions "go get some popcorn and put it in Jaylen's car, haha!"....and then Jaylen saw it and said "great prank, haha!" before telling his minions to go clean his car out.
Yeah I noticed that. On their stories there were just random guys cleaning the car out.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 07:36:38 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I know an NBA point guard whose stats read like this:
7.4 ppg
3.5 rpg
4.5 apg

Ok, this guy isn't any good obviously.

Two NCAA national championships...ok, he must be decent.
Olympic gold medal...who cares?
Eight NBA titles as a player.

I'm glad Auerbach didn't trade KC Jones for a player with "a better shooting percentage."

The only stat that matters is wins...some players put up stats some put up wins, some do both. Regardless, I want the guy who wants to win playing for my team, you can have the stats.

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Brown is making 4.7 million dollars this year. Im sure he can afford to get his car cleaned.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 07:39:54 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

$4,743,000.

That's how much Jaylen Brown will make this season. Pardon me if I'm not queuing up the world's tiniest violin for his "totaled" car - which it isn't by the way. It's not like they filled his car with applesauce, a good detailer will likely be able to clean it. He posted it to social media because he thought it was funny. You're feelings are more hurt than his.

This particular prank isn't new in the NBA, btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNbadXq_L4

EDIT: Ilikesports17 beat me to it. TP.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2017, 07:40:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Brown is making 4.7 million dollars this year. Im sure he can afford to get his car cleaned.

This is not about money

so he makes 4.7 million,  should he eat out everyday....buy whatever he wants on a daily basis?

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
No big deal. Jaylen didn't took it to heart. Why would you? If he gets offended by it and cause locker room disruption, then I'd worry.

Just take it to a carwash and let the cleaning crew do their thing. I bet it would even cost more than 100 bucks. Some people are really blowing this up out of proportion.