Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas will not travel this weekend to NY and Philly  (Read 5340 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas will not travel this weekend to NY and Philly
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
As long as IT plays in april against the Bucks when I come to USA I'm fine :D

More seriously, that's ok. He will be rested against Washington. We must be able to win without him against Philly and Brooklyn anyway.

We give Smart some responsibilities also. Enjoy the rest Isaiahn you deserved it

I'm rooting for you to not be disappointed, but that's the last game of the season and seeding could be all wrapped up by then.

Yep, unfortunately the timing of the trip had to be this one. But I try to stay positive, one week later I may have been unable to see a game at all, so there's that ! Maybe I can say I saw the first 30 point game of the future superstar Jaylen Brown ! :p

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
As long as IT plays in april against the Bucks when I come to USA I'm fine :D

More seriously, that's ok. He will be rested against Washington. We must be able to win without him against Philly and Brooklyn anyway.

We give Smart some responsibilities also. Enjoy the rest Isaiahn you deserved it

I'm rooting for you to not be disappointed, but that's the last game of the season and seeding could be all wrapped up by then.

Yep, unfortunately the timing of the trip had to be this one. But I try to stay positive, one week later I may have been unable to see a game at all, so there's that ! Maybe I can say I saw the first 30 point game of the future superstar Jaylen Brown ! :p

I like that line of thinking!

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 11:44:08 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Brooklyn has been playing better, and they have no incentive to tank.

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 12:06:23 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This is a true test...perhaps the biggest test this season.  How efficient are we without IT?  It can easily grant the access to view of what may ensue in the playoffs.  Teams WILL make Thomas their primary focus and will shut him down.  They will then count on the other guys on the team to beat them.  If we stay true to us and play defense like we know how to and play smart selfless basketball on the offensive end, we'd go a long way in the playoffs.  Anything outside of that will result in abysmal failure.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 12:16:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
They didn't have an incentive to tank earlier in the season either. But since they stink as a team, it did not matter much.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2017, 12:26:25 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2017, 02:44:41 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2017, 02:47:31 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
When we win these two games let's not overreact and say we're better without Isaiah.. let's just nip those threads in the bud now

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2017, 03:17:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
When we win these two games let's not overreact and say we're better without Isaiah.. let's just nip those threads in the bud now

If we lose we are gonna get swept in the first round and we should fire Danny. If we win let's trade thomas or have him come off the bench since we clearly don't need him. This is a lose-lose  :-\ CB is gonna be such a pain again lol.

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2017, 03:51:20 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
They didn't have an incentive to tank earlier in the season either. But since they stink as a team, it did not matter much.

They're wayyyy better with Lin. Not so much because of how great he is or anything, but just because of how bad their other options at point were. They basically didn't have a guy who could do anything resembling an NBA offense brining the ball up. It matters.

Honestly I think they're a more dangerous team for the C's than the Sixers minus Embiid, Simmons, Bayless, and god knows who else.

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 03:34:39 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

They're wayyyy better with Lin. Not so much because of how great he is or anything, but just because of how bad their other options at point were. They basically didn't have a guy who could do anything resembling an NBA offense brining the ball up. It matters.

Honestly I think they're a more dangerous team for the C's than the Sixers minus Embiid, Simmons, Bayless, and god knows who else.

Interesting. We always have excuses. The thing is simple. Without Thomas, this team isn't even a playoff team! There. I said it.