Author Topic: Skal Labissier has been solid since All-Star break  (Read 3229 times)

Skal Labissier has been solid since All-Star break
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:08:02 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Kid is averaging 9 PPG ever since and yesterday, he put up a show with 32 points against the Suns. I always wonder how the hell did he slipped through the draft. Even with his disappointing stint in Kentucky, he shouldn't drop that much especially when he's completely healthy.

Still alot of work to improve, but his jumper is really wet and have an impressive footwork in the post. Could really become a solid rim-protector along with WCS once he fill out his body.

I was hoping Danny could snag him or Papagiannis before the trade deadline but I guess it was King's plan afterall to hide him until they got rid of Cousins.

Re: Skal Labissier has been solid since All-Star break
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:22:49 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I wanted him in the draft, though if the reports on Zizic are accurate, I'm ok with Zizic over him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:32:26 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
The Suns drafted him 28th in last year's draft.

The Suns got that pick from the Celtics in the Isaiah Thomas trade.

Then Suns gave him to the Kings in a Draft Day trade.

Come on Danny you are such a bad trader  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 09:11:38 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Kid is averaging 9 PPG ever since and yesterday, he put up a show with 32 points against the Suns. I always wonder how the hell did he slipped through the draft. Even with his disappointing stint in Kentucky, he shouldn't drop that much especially when he's completely healthy.

Still alot of work to improve, but his jumper is really wet and have an impressive footwork in the post. Could really become a solid rim-protector along with WCS once he fill out his body.

I was hoping Danny could snag him or Papagiannis before the trade deadline but I guess it was King's plan afterall to hide him until they got rid of Cousins.

Did you see him at Kentucky? I'd say he was as relevant as Giles has been this year at Duke.

Meaning that Skal was irrelevant in college.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 09:18:39 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Did you see him at Kentucky? I'd say he was as relevant as Giles has been this year at Duke.

Meaning that Skal was irrelevant in college.
And Skal doesn't even have the injury excuse that Giles has.

Good on Skal, though, for looking like he can be productive in the NBA. I'll laugh my ass off if he, WCS, Hield, and whoever Sac gets in the lottery this season make it to the playoffs in the next 2 seasons.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Happy for him...hope he does well.

But we have to remember this:

Always be wary of end of the year stats on dumpster fire teams.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 09:36:47 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The funny thing is, he would have fit really well into Brad Stevens system.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
there is a reason that before last college season, Skal was projected as the #1 pick in the draft.  He had a lot of talent.  It looks like that talent has started to show through a bit.  Good for him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 10:32:57 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Yeah, I didn't know about Zizic before the draft but after we picked Yab I hoped we'd take a flier on this kid with the Zizic pick.  It's been good business for us and many others to take a flier on freshman who were top 3 in the HS class but underperformed in school (Bradley, Jaylen, etc). 

After hearing scout opinions and reading up on our picks, I felt I liked a combo of Zizic/Skal over Yab/Zizic, but I get why we took Yab.  However he needs to become as good as Skal for me to like the pick, whether that's fair or unfair.  Danny has outperformed his pick position year in and year out, so he's not a bad drafter, but it's also fair to say he misses what seem like obvious guys to take a flier on with mid to late picks. We all know the names, some I wanted at the time, some I slept on.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Skal was always skilled. He has potential. Problem was he looked to be weak mentally and that showed in college. He's also raw esp physically. I wanted the Cs to pick him at 23 as a high risk/high reward (wanted Zizic at 16) but Ainge wanted roster flexibility so he went with a stash.

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 11:00:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I couldnt believe the celts didnt draft him with one of their later picks

I know his work ethic was questionable... But lotto talent

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 11:25:02 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I couldnt believe the celts didnt draft him with one of their later picks

I know his work ethic was questionable... But lotto talent

Fair points triboy but cant forget that Skal floundered at Kentucky with all the lights on him. They might have just felt that he couldn't handle the pressure of being crucial piece of a top-tier team.

Sac is a fairly perfect spot to develop Skal.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 07:09:31 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Skal is more of a finesse big, a good one. But Calipari is setting him in the post with more physical guys and that expose his weakness and took all the confidence from him. Unlike AD, Boogie, Noel, Towns and WCS, Skal doesn't have the strength to bang inside.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 07:22:16 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Good on Skal, though, for looking like he can be productive in the NBA. I'll laugh my ass off if he, WCS, Hield, and whoever Sac gets in the lottery this season make it to the playoffs in the next 2 seasons.

Hield is playing well since the trade: 13pg in 26min (19pts per 36), on 51/48/84 shooting (65% TS%).

They also have a decent chance at two picks in the 5-10 range this year, which seems to have some nice prospects (Markkanen, Dennis Smith, Isaac etc.).

Meanwhile Cousins has gummed up the Pelicans offense so badly that ESPN played a 5 minute clip last night consisting of nothing but him and Davis turning the ball over by dribbling off their feet and throwing passes into the stands.

Vlade for GM of the Year!