Author Topic: Could the C's get as much for Bradley as OKC got for Ibaka?  (Read 6299 times)

Could the C's get as much for Bradley as OKC got for Ibaka?
« on: March 15, 2017, 09:48:14 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
OKC got the 11th pick (Sabonis) and Oladipo for Ibaka, who like Bradley, is an impact defensive player with a year to go on his deal.

Could Boston fetch close to that value for Bradley this summer or was that just a characteristic bone head move by the Orlando front office?

Crazy to think Orlando essentially traded Oladipo and a lottery pick for Terrence Ross. Awful.

Re: Could the C's get as much for Bradley as OKC got for Ibaka?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Unlikely. Unless Bradley absolutely kills it in the playoffs.

I wouldn't mind seeing him dealt on draft night, because I don't think we are going to want to pay him once his contract is up. If we could move him for a big, it would help out roster balance next year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:24:30 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Perhaps Bradley to Charlotte for Cody Zeller and the 12th pick? A lot of good bigs in that range - Rabb, Williams, Patton, Giles, ect.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:21 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Perhaps Bradley to Charlotte for Cody Zeller and the 12th pick? A lot of good bigs in that range - Rabb, Williams, Patton, Giles, ect.

Cause you can never have too many Zellers. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I like the trade for the C's, good value in that draft range and we'd improve our Zeller.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 10:56:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think the most likely trade of Bradley involves him and a future pick going for a quality big. I don't have any suggestions as to who that big is. We will see. But I see Bradley and assets going for an upgrade rather than Bradley going for parts and a future asset.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 11:02:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Why does everyone want to trade Bradley? He is such an under appreciated player.

Why aren't there more threads about how we can re-sign the guy? 

Honestly.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 11:04:25 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
I think the most likely trade of Bradley involves him and a future pick going for a quality big. I don't have any suggestions as to who that big is. We will see. But I see Bradley and assets going for an upgrade rather than Bradley going for parts and a future asset.

All aboard the Bradley for Favors express! Some things just make too much sense to happen.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
Why does everyone want to trade Bradley? He is such an under appreciated player.

Honestly.

Don't get me wrong - AB is my favorite Celtic. But there is a HIGH probability we draft a guard (Fultz, Smith, Ball) and in that case AB is the odd man out in my mind. Don't have enough minutes to split between IT, AB, Marcus, and one of those guys.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Honestly.

Don't get me wrong - AB is my favorite Celtic. But there is a HIGH probability we draft a guard (Fultz, Smith, Ball) and in that case AB is the odd man out in my mind. Don't have enough minutes to split between IT, AB, Marcus, and one of those guys.

Not drafting Smith. Just as likely to draft Tatum or Jackson as Ball or Fultz. Not buying it.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Honestly.

I think you probably know the answer, but if we draft a guard and/or sign Hayward, we are going to be pretty guard heavy. On top of that, we have the contracts of him, IT, and Smart coming up next summer at the same time. With IT as our leading scorer and Smart as our most versatile guard easily being able to play 1-3, Avery looks like the odd man out.

But I completely agree with you. Part of me hopes we don't get a big FA acquisition this summer and are able to sign AB, Kelly, and even Amir (short contract). Bradley is amazing at what he does - it would be a shame to give him up for spare parts or, worse, watch him walk for nothing.

The thread is a good one, though. While most all of us would be sad to see Avery go, a similar return that OKC got would help us deal with the pain of losing him.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 11:41:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
We don't want to trade Bradley 1 for 2 unless we are moving those 2 as part of another deal. We don't have enough roster spots to go that route. Unless we are fleecing someone.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 11:56:48 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
In the other trade AB thread, AB for Saric was discussed to save money. I mentioned getting Skal from Kings.

AB, Rozier, 2018 Celtics first for Skal, and the contract of Anthony Tolliver, plus Kings second round pick in 2018. Helps get rid of roster spots for one small contract that has years left.

Skal has played well recently. https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/842220639498850304

Kings are in a total rebuild. Getting 3 players for one would help them kickstart it and get a veteran in AB to show young guys how to play. Start Buddy and AB and have a rozier off bench.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 11:58:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We don't want to trade Bradley 1 for 2 unless we are moving those 2 as part of another deal. We don't have enough roster spots to go that route. Unless we are fleecing someone.
I agree we don't trade Bradley for multiple parts but not because of roster slots. I think we will have lots of roster spots to fill. But, I think Ainge understands to get to be a contender he has to upgrade his top end talent and so will trade Bradley and parts for an upgrade in the frontcourt and not to trade him for more future assets(which he already might have too many of) and lesser players than Bradley.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I think making roster spots is secondary.

Primary motive is to create cap space to sign a max free agent.

Getting a young big on a cheap contract is a bonus.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 07:31:19 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Honestly.

Not drafting Smith. Just as likely to draft Tatum or Jackson as Ball or Fultz. Not buying it.

Yup. I'm sorry but there is no rookie who is taking minutes away from Bradley. Doing so makes the rotation worse and leads to less wins. So what people are saying is "I don't believe in this core and I want to build for the future." Just admit that...

We don't even know what pick we have yet, we definitely have no idea whether we'll even try to sign someone like Hayward this summer, let alone succeed. Yet already its blindingly obvious that Bradley should be traded to make way.

I think, given how much this draft is being hyped up, that it is quite likely that Danny will trade the pick for an established wing like George or Butler, perhaps even for a big like Drummond. There is no KAT or Embiid in this draft, I don't see us getting our next superstar from it. On the flip side, we have a team that is just a few pieces away form being a championship team and if a team like the Bulls wanted to start again then we're a very good candidate for a trade