Author Topic: Kelly and Jonas Pass up taking 3's  (Read 1515 times)

Kelly and Jonas Pass up taking 3's
« on: March 15, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

Offline ForearmKiki

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
It seems these guys have open threes or opportunities to take threes and don't shoot. I understand when Amir passes it up despite actually having a high percentage based on limited shots but Kelly and Jonas- that's part of their game particularly Kelly, who is better out of the two.

Re: Kelly and Jonas Pass up taking 3's
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 02:50:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
TP.....for having Young in your Avatar .....all bad things pass ;D

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Both Kelly and Jonas need more time to release the 3 than the other guys who shoot it more (Jae, IT, Brown, Smart, AB).  So fewer good opportunities. Feel they both need there ability to get it off faster. Only Al requires more time to take, and probably shoots about the same number of 3's as Kelly on a per minute basis.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »

Offline ForearmKiki

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Totally agree on the slower release. Just seems like they pass up completely open threes more than they should. I think they both should stop talking to Amir about release times on taking threes. That guy needs 5 seconds just to take a shot from beyond the arc.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 03:29:52 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Totally agree on the slower release. Just seems like they pass up completely open threes more than they should. I think they both should stop talking to Amir about release times on taking threes. That guy needs 5 seconds just to take a shot from beyond the arc.

I think his FT release might be faster than his 3P release
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:54 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
They aren't the most aggressive pair, that's for sure.  And yes, the release is a big part of it.  But mostly, they like to move the ball around as much as possible.  Don't mind it.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 10:50:16 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Kelly's release doesn't look particularly slow like Jerebko's he should be averaging more attempts a game since everywhere else on the court he's bound to trip on his own shoe laces.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Kelly has been using the upfake a lot lately and getting opponents to bite on it which has opened up a lot of better options for our offense which I've liked.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur