Author Topic: Celtics on Easter?  (Read 834 times)

Celtics on Easter?
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
did they change it so that playoffs aren't played on Easter this year?  my family said they looked it up and such is the case (starting april 15th and 17th, skipping the 16th) but i'm skeptical and our family schedule may be affected by me attending the home game , thanks for the help

Re: Celtics on Easter?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
did they change it so that playoffs aren't played on Easter this year?  my family said they looked it up and such is the case (starting april 15th and 17th, skipping the 16th) but i'm skeptical and our family schedule may be affected by me attending the home game , thanks for the help

I can't imagine the league & its national television partners not playing on Sunday the 16th.  I'm sure they'll be playoff games. Now, whether the Celtics will be playing that day or have an off day, is another question.  But that won't be answered until April.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Celtics on Easter?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
The playoffs start on Saturday, April 15th, and for the last several years the NBA has always done 4 games that first Saturday and 4 games that first Sunday (as well as the same the next weekend), so every playoff team will play once that first weekend on either Saturday or Sunday.

And according to this, ABC already has a game schedule for Easter.

The NBA plays games on Easter every year.  Holiday's are the best time for sports, with football on Thanksgiving and New Years and the NBA on Christmas and Easter.  You're family is likely looking at a bad source or is just misinterpreting something (like a full schedule not being out yet).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:53:37 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class