Author Topic: Darko article..a warning to Danny  (Read 4470 times)

Re: Darko article..a warning to Danny
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
And this is why we need to scout not only their skills and physical profile, but also their mental stability and toughness. You don't want guys like Larry Sanders or Darko who just happened to lack passion for the game, especially at top 10 lottery.

For every Darko, there is a Noah.
If you think Rozier and Smart are not smoking weed at least once a week, think again.
This unsubstantiated claim seems unnecessary.  Cut it out.

+1

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Right -- Don't draft a young guy with substance abuse problems.  Danny already proved he understood that when he passed on McGary and Upshaw, amongst others.
Pretty much, right?  If it's a young kid, I don't think you can justify it and say "It's only alcohol, it's only a little weed, so what?" like a lot of our posters tend to do.  It tends to signal a problem that will get worse for a lot of these kids.

Lots of people, not just athletes, smoke a little weed or drink a little too much as kids, and turn out just fine.

Hey Chill, dawg. Do you go by Chili or can I call you dawg?

I know, not relevant, but always wanted to post that.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 06:34:50 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
And this is why we need to scout not only their skills and physical profile, but also their mental stability and toughness. You don't want guys like Larry Sanders or Darko who just happened to lack passion for the game, especially at top 10 lottery.

If you think Rozier and Smart are not smoking weed at least once a week, think again.

You do realize most N.B.A. and NFL players smoke weed, right??  This is common knowledge.

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 06:36:07 AM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28

+1

Oh please

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
One take on the article is to wonder what would've happened if Darko went somewhere and played 35 minutes. Would he have had his butt kicked?  He sounds like he needed that rookie experience.

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 10:28:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He was all hype and people drank the kool-aid. ...I don't think Ainge needs a warning, he takes guys who can play and learned his lesson after Fab Melo, generally speaking.   Some of the guys have their warts, because where he has picked.   But I do not see him taking a guy like Darko.