Author Topic: Why does Vince Carter persist with with Grizzlies?  (Read 699 times)

Why does Vince Carter persist with with Grizzlies?
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:03:53 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
The way Vince Carter has played in Memphis, I have wondered for a while, why doesn't Vince move to a true contender?

Given his age and he has never won a championship, why does he continue with Memphis over the past 3 years. Memphis at least the past couple seasons haven't had a sniff of being a contender and Carter would be a game changer for some of the true contender like Houston, Cavs, Warriors or even a reunion with Raptors at a vets discount...I am more surprised that no-one in the media has brought this up, am I the only one?

Re: Why does Vince Carter persist with with Grizzlies?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
TP I have often wondered the same thing. He has consistently been able to bring it, and if he was on a contender he would be talked about as one of the best past his prime wings ever. I mean how many players of his size and position were good this long?

The man is 40, but in his first start of the season (against the long, young bucks no less) he had 24 pts in 30 mins on 8/8 from the field and 6/6 from 3.......

The man is an animal. Unreal in his talent and ability.
#JKJB

Re: Why does Vince Carter persist with with Grizzlies?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 09:33:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The way Vince Carter has played in Memphis, I have wondered for a while, why doesn't Vince move to a true contender?

Given his age and he has never won a championship, why does he continue with Memphis over the past 3 years. Memphis at least the past couple seasons haven't had a sniff of being a contender and Carter would be a game changer for some of the true contender like Houston, Cavs, Warriors or even a reunion with Raptors at a vets discount...I am more surprised that no-one in the media has brought this up, am I the only one?

He's under contract. When he signed for 3 years, $12 million a lot of folks thought that was a lot for a 38 year old.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes