Author Topic: With injuries on other contenders the Celtics could come out of nowhere...  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
The Cavs, who currently have just 1 more win than we do and are playing without Kevin Love for the near future, have a schedule in which their last 17 games are riddled with other playoff teams while we have the easiest schedule in the league. This means we could realistically gain the top seed and if Love isn't back by the Eastern Conference Finals we'd have an easier task in beating Cleveland than if they were at full strength.

MEANWHILE, the Spurs and Warriors both have injuries to star players, and if those injury issues weren't resolved by the Finals or if their injured stars weren't at 100% in the Finals we would also have an easier time against either of those two teams unless the Rockets were to emerge instead. It may be too early to tell, but a team like the Celtics or Rockets (hopefully us) could come out of nowhere like that LeBron James commercial that aired at the beginning of the season. I know I'm drinking green Kool-Aid right now, but what if this was our year??
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:56:22 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Wait, I just saw on NBATV that Love may be back as early as next week, so we may have to play Cleveland at full strength, though if we did during our final matchup of the regular season we could gauge where we stand and make adjustments come playoff time.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Wait, I just saw on NBATV that Love may be back as early as next week, so we may have to play Cleveland at full strength, though if we did during our final matchup of the regular season we could gauge where we stand and make adjustments come playoff time.

Don't tell me GM Lebron is already worried about the top seed slipping off their fingers that they'd rush Love back?...suits me just fine because if he ain't really ready and those balky knees fall...then it will be their downfall. I dont feel they can really repeat without a 100% Love TBH. But what do I know...I just want our team at full strength from hereon in.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Great jinx thread

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Great jinx thread

My intent wasn't to jinx the team; it shouldn't be illegal for us to talk about our championship chances. Everyone talks about the Warriors and Cavaliers chances openly.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Don't worry, in the next meetup KO will take out the other knee. Only reason DA keeps him on the team, he's the Love stopper.  ;)

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
IT goes down and we are toast too.

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
Wait, according to NBATV just now LaMarcus Aldridge just got medically cleared to play -- at this rate Durant will be back by tomorrow. I guess the Celtics will just have to play these teams at full strength if they were to advance that far, now hopefully we don't suffer any injuries.