Author Topic: My draft predictions depending on where we pick  (Read 1016 times)

My draft predictions depending on where we pick
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:09:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm assuming no trading of pick for NBA player, but trade up or down scenarios open.

1. If we get 1st pick : Fultz. Not tradeable. Based on Scal's inside scoop (kudos to Saltlover), that is Danny's guy. However, if Lakers or another team desiring Ball have 2nd pick, I could see Danny trying to threaten to take Ball to try to pick up an asset with a swap, but doubt Magic or another GM bites, knowing Danny's strong preference for Fultz.

2. If we get 2nd pick and Fultz taken first, this is where it gets very interesting. I think Jackson is the best fit for us, but more open debate as to whether Danny threat to take Ball could entice team with 3rd pick wanting Ball to offer pick swap. This is where I think a pick swap is most likely to occur. Ball just would not fit in well with an IT led team. Fultz and Jackson would.

3. If we get 3rd pick, Fultz and Ball probably off the board. We will decide between Jackson and Tatum and probably take Jackson. Jackson and Ball have the highest BBIQs of any college freshmen in recent memory. Tatum is a sound player who will become a very good NBA player. But do yourself a favor the next time you watch Tatum and Jackson. When they don't have the ball in their hands, what are they doing?  Jackson's mind is much more engaged in the play, nearly every play. Tatum stands around a lot. Maybe their systems have something to do with that. Kansas seems to have a lot more motion and ball movement than Duke.

4. If we pick 4th and Jackson gone, take Tatum.

Re: My draft predictions depending on where we pick
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I agree with most of this.

I got back and fourth on Jackson vs Tatum, but I'd rather have both those guys than Ball.

Not sure if I would deal this Nets pick on draft night, for Jimmy Butler because they would want more than just the pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:06:17 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I have also noticed that about Jackson. He seems to be engaged in some way on literally every play. That is a rare thing, and it has propelled him into second on my best available players behind Fultz.
#JKJB

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:15:49 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

2. If we get 2nd pick and Fultz taken first, this is where it gets very interesting. I think Jackson is the best fit for us, but more open debate as to whether Danny threat to take Ball could entice team with 3rd pick wanting Ball to offer pick swap. This is where I think a pick swap is most likely to occur. Ball just would not fit in well with an IT led team. Fultz and Jackson would.

I think if Danny thought that way, we would have drafted Dunn over Brown.  I don't think he's that interested in Ball.

Also, pick swaps this high in the lottery are extremely unlikely, because we wouldn't have any leverage.  No team would realistically think we're going to take Ball just to spite them.  Do you think the 76ers would give up Saric to draft Ball for more money at 2nd overall instead of 3rd?  It's not going to happen.  Maybe if we had the 3rd pick and the 4th place team wanted to trade with us and the two players left were Jackson and Tatum, with Danny liking both equally and someone like Vivek falling in love with one of them.  I don't think it would be for Ball, though.