Author Topic: Does Lonzo Ball's father change your opinion on if we should draft him?  (Read 16357 times)

Re: Does Lonzo Ball's father change your opinion on if we should draft him?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Him going at Lebron - while irritating - should earn him some browny points with this blog.

As for Lonzo? Kid seems grounded. I honestly don't thing we'd go wrong with drafting him.

I'd think that Lavar would have a ton of respect for BOS, Danny and Coach Stevens. I'd think that he'd carefully consider this team's current makeup, how we've trended up, and our bright future.

Lavar would be hard-pressed to nitpick this club.

Can anyone here imagine him sitting in the crowd belittling LeBron? I'd think he'd become a crowd favorite in BOS.

OR - he'd make LeBron go for 60 on us.

Either way The Balls are must-see TV.

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
His father is an idiot, whose mugshot is next to the definition of "helicopter dad" in the dictionary.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with drafting his kid, though.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2017, 04:43:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It makes me want him less, but doesn't make me not want him.  But I feel he will have a more difficult time getting playing time than Fultz, Jackson, or Tatum, and at the same time is more likely to cause there to be complaints about playing time, whether it be from him or his father.  The Celtics have a lot of chemistry, and the Ball family has a better chance to ruin that than any of the other draftees.

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2017, 09:21:56 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Hate to say it but I was very happy that UCLA lost and Ball had an off night. It won't shut up LaVar but I really think this guy is making the country celebrate his sons failures.

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2017, 10:02:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A seeming inability to make jumpshots after going right scares me more than his father.

His dad is definitely a pretty garbage guy to have around a franchise.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A seeming inability to make jumpshots after going right scares me more than his father.

His dad is definitely a pretty garbage guy to have around a franchise.

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Nice new development regarding LaVar: 

LaVar Ball has a new theory for why UCLA didn’t win the national championship he predicted UCLA would win: too many “white guys.”

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” he told The Orange County Register.

I've been called 'honky,' 'cracker,' and far worse growing up as generally the only white kid on the court in Springfield, MA.  This is completely unacceptable, and I look forward to seeing this clown crash and burn. 

Full article: http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lavar-ball-ucla-had-too-many-white-guys-with-slow-foot-speed-to-win-title/
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2017, 10:35:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

LaVar Ball has a new theory for why UCLA didn’t win the national championship he predicted UCLA would win: too many “white guys.”

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” he told The Orange County Register.

I've been called 'honky,' 'cracker,' and far worse growing up as generally the only white kid on the court in Springfield, MA.  This is completely unacceptable, and I look forward to seeing this clown crash and burn. 

Full article: http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lavar-ball-ucla-had-too-many-white-guys-with-slow-foot-speed-to-win-title/
it's like the reverse side of the Jimmy the Greek statement that killed his broadcast career.

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2017, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
ANYONE still wanna deal with this clown?

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2017, 11:05:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

it's like the reverse side of the Jimmy the Greek statement that killed his broadcast career.

TP, good connection.  I do sincerely wonder if LaVar will get backlash for the comment.

ANYONE still wanna deal with this clown?

I could've excused a lot because it's his son that is the prospect.  But I personally draw the line at overt racism.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2017, 09:32:53 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
The guy is appalling, i am going to be pretty disappointed in Ainge if they end up drafting Lonzo, especially considering Brad didn't want any locker room cancers like Demarcus on our roster.
I'm also not sure Lonzo is as quiet as people say he is. Latest interview he said "he just wants to be a Laker" who says that? Fultz on the other hand said what should have been said, "I just want to go #1." That's the attitude you want in a player..

Like other's I have no tolerance for racism.. Ironic thing about it is imagine if Karnowski's father said the reverse about the Zaga loss? The world would be in an uproar. I really hope these comments don't get swept under the rug.

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
The guy is appalling, i am going to be pretty disappointed in Ainge if they end up drafting Lonzo, especially considering Brad didn't want any locker room cancers like Demarcus on our roster.
I'm also not sure Lonzo is as quiet as people say he is. Latest interview he said "he just wants to be a Laker" who says that? Fultz on the other hand said what should have been said, "I just want to go #1." That's the attitude you want in a player..

Like other's I have no tolerance for racism.. Ironic thing about it is imagine if Karnowski's father said the reverse about the Zaga loss? The world would be in an uproar. I really hope these comments don't get swept under the rug.

In case you haven't already learned, rascism is a one way street.

Hope LA wins the lotto and picks him and he's a major bust and cancer to the team.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2017, 10:49:46 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Hope LA wins the lotto and picks him and he's a major bust and cancer to the team.

Not sure if you're being serious with that statement.  Some people actually believe it to be true and it isn't but I won't go into why because it seems like you might be joking. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Not sure if you're being serious with that statement.  Some people actually believe it to be true and it isn't but I won't go into why because it seems like you might be joking.

Sounds like joking to me. :)

LaVar Ball is a freakin' genius, in the same way that Paris Hilton and anyone named Kardashian is. Ten years from now, he's going to be on Celebrity Survivor or whatever the reality show of the day is, while the rest of us are sitting around here saying, "So remind me why that guy is famous?"

Mike

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Latest interview he said "he just wants to be a Laker" who says that? Fultz on the other hand said what should have been said, "I just want to go #1." That's the attitude you want in a player..
well, to be fair, if I was a top prospect coming out of college, I'd say "I just want to be a Celtic" but I'd play for whichever team drafted me.   It does remind me a bit of the Jon Barry draft mess the C's had to deal with.  have hated the entire Barry clan since then.