Author Topic: Does Lonzo Ball's father change your opinion on if we should draft him?  (Read 16350 times)

Re: Does Lonzo Ball's father change your opinion on if we should draft him?
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
https://www.bigplay.com/lavar-ball-claims-racist-comments-werent-racial/

It gets even worse lol What an asshat. I sincerely hope Ball's stock drops rapidly because of this. I hope he falls all the way down to Philly at like 6 or so, who is forced to take him as the best guard option left  ;D

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2017, 07:06:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
this guy is going to be such a distraction to whatever team picks the kid up

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I want him on  a really bad team 3000 miles  from his father

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
https://www.bigplay.com/lavar-ball-claims-racist-comments-werent-racial/

It gets even worse lol What an asshat. I sincerely hope Ball's stock drops rapidly because of this. I hope he falls all the way down to Philly at like 6 or so, who is forced to take him as the best guard option left  ;D

I like the fit in PHI.  He'd be relegated as a spot-up shooter around an (actual) elite prospect in Simmons.  I'm not sure LaVar could handle that, though -- where would he get his attention from?

I haven't been able to find a quote by LaVar about the Patriots -- being aware of their dominance could potentially **** up his whole worldview. 

I also can't find any quotes by LaVar regarding his son's inability to defend, cock-eyed jumpshot from his chin, and prepubescent physique.  But he may be smarter than I'm giving him credit -- perhaps Lonzo is not the best prospect in this draft because, unlike Fultz, he's half white. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:57:37 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:16 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Gordon Hayward dropped a career high 39 points last night, dunked on a couple guy in the process.  Despite his situation, wouldn't he be a great fit in Boston?

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2017, 03:48:20 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Has Lonzo come out and disavowed these ignorant remarks? I can't find it if he has.

I know he's said in the past he tries to ignore his dad's comments and the reactions they provoke, but I think this one warrants some sort of rebuttal by Lonzo himself.

He is in danger of alienating a ton of fans if he doesn't put this fire out ASAP.

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2017, 05:46:03 AM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
If this moron is already taking on the likes of Labron, coaching and Racism, what makes anyone think he would parse his words in the future? It will NEVER happen, it's in his **** nature. I've avoided people like him my whole life, people like him aren't worth a second of my time, I wish the Celt's have the same thoughts. IMO, sad to say but Lonzo isn't worth all the aggravation his Dad will cause.  PASS.   

« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2017, 01:36:12 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Gordon Hayward dropped a career high 39 points last night, dunked on a couple guy in the process.  Despite his situation, wouldn't he be a great fit in Boston?

I actually just realized that De'Aaron Fox scored 39 on Lonzo Ball in the Sweet 16.  How ironic is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnqSCedLlg

He and Dennis Smith Jr. look really good.  I'd like to see Fox go to an uptempo team, and Smith Jr. go bonkers for the NYK.  Seems like a good fit for NYK -- incredible athlete, which is really my main concern... S. Francis, Rose, etc. all had a similar style and injuries derail their careers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzyJSoGea00

« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2017, 01:45:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I don't think we can ...he doesn't pass Lavar 's scrutiny

We have other inferior players  ;D

I guess The Ball s .....( or lack there of) would really dislike our boy Kelly O ......LOL ..

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2017, 01:51:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I'd say unless we wind up with the forth pick .....id say it's slimchance Danny or CBS wants anything to do with the Ball Family of idiots at  this point and their low class distractions .   He'll  take Fox I hope.

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
NO, his game does not fit the Celtics needs at the 1-4 pick positions.

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2017, 05:08:27 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I actually just realized that De'Aaron Fox scored 39 on Lonzo Ball in the Sweet 16.  How ironic is that?

He and Dennis Smith Jr. look really good.  I'd like to see Fox go to an uptempo team, and Smith Jr. go bonkers for the NYK.  Seems like a good fit for NYK -- incredible athlete, which is really my main concern... S. Francis, Rose, etc. all had a similar style and injuries derail their careers.

IMO Dennis Smith Jr could be the best value pick in the draft. Hopefully we get the 1st pick and take Fultz but Smith is a guy that can come right in and start playing legit pg minutes for a team. I'd be interested to see a back-court of Dennis Smith Jr and Buddy Hield in SAC. But I doubt he falls that far.

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

IMO Dennis Smith Jr could be the best value pick in the draft. Hopefully we get the 1st pick and take Fultz but Smith is a guy that can come right in and start playing legit pg minutes for a team. I'd be interested to see a back-court of Dennis Smith Jr and Buddy Hield in SAC. But I doubt he falls that far.

Smith's ability Is eye popping, but he's really annoyed me when watching him as much as I could this year.

To the point where I have up on him as the Nets pick. Way to raw for me this draft.