Author Topic: Does Lonzo Ball's father change your opinion on if we should draft him?  (Read 16408 times)

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I will preface this by saying I think Ball is a better player that Fultz and who I thought we should take if we were fortunate enough to land the #1.
That being said ever since LaVar Ball has started opening his mouth the appeal of having Lonzo on this team has gone down drastically for me.
It is one thing to be a proud father but another to be a flat out distraction. The thought of having to listen to this guy for the foreseeable future is numbing to me.

I wonder if GM's are also being turned off by Ball because of his father the way I am? Curious to see if others around here feel the same way as I do?

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I have Fultz-Jackson-Ball/Tatum and no it doesnt change my opinion.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It doesn't change things for me. Like all teenagers, he'll come into his own and will become his own man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
At first it make me pause,  his father is doing  his son no favors .  I needed more information on Lonzo .   After a lot of digging on the net .  Watching some short interviews and reading others . 

I've concluded Lonzo is actually very mature and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 

I've concluded the father is a money hungry , do anything to make a quick fortune,  without regard to ramifications of running his trap .  The guy is a jerk off of the first sort.

The best thing for Lonzo is to be on the east coast away from that idiot . 

at some point the father has to go away ,  so I would not rule out drafting Ball.

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Kids listens to their parents.
Lonzo's father would probably push his son to sign with Lakers as soon as he can.

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Yes it does. Stars rarely have fathers who are loud idiots. Who is he going to listen to - the coaching staff, or his father who tells him he needs the ball more? I have to say that Lonzo seems like a good kid. ...but does his father make me nervous? Yes. Why would he have to say anything for himself with such successful kids? I definitely don't want to think about this guy when I am watching the Celtics. Hes embarrassing.

It just seems like a cloud of narcissistic drama awaits whoever drafts a Ball.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Lavar Ball wants a One Billion dollar endorsement for his three sons combined!

What an idiot. The other two sons are worth a Hundai sonata.

The guy on ESPN summed it up like this.
 At UCLA Bryce Alford will come in and say your dad wants 1 billion dollars in endorsements to Lonzo Ball.
 Ball replies " Man that dude is an idiot" and they carry on their day. If Lonzo is that cool about it than it's nothing, but man is he a moron.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Lavar Ball wants a One Billion dollar endorsement for his three sons combined!

What an idiot. The other two sons are worth a Hundai sonata.

The guy on ESPN summed it up like this.
 At UCLA Bryce Alford will come in and say your dad wants 1 billion dollars in endorsements to Lonzo Ball.
 Ball replies " Man that dude is an idiot" and they carry on their day. If Lonzo is that cool about it than it's nothing, but man is he a moron.

Lonzo seems even at this age to be the black sheep ....the quiet and smart one of the family , mature beyond his years.  I find it amazing he is able to balance his future with his father's non stop mouth.  Kudos to Lonzo.  .   I'm kind and skeptical of the the two younger brothers at this point .   They seem to be more on the same page as the father . 

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I will preface this by saying I think Ball is a better player that Fultz and who I thought we should take if we were fortunate enough to land the #1.
That being said ever since LaVar Ball has started opening his mouth the appeal of having Lonzo on this team has gone down drastically for me.
It is one thing to be a proud father but another to be a flat out distraction. The thought of having to listen to this guy for the foreseeable future is numbing to me.

I wonder if GM's are also being turned off by Ball because of his father the way I am? Curious to see if others around here feel the same way as I do?

You have a good point.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Lonzo isnt close to being on Fultz's skill level

Re: Does Lonzo Ball's father change your opinion on if we should draft him?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 12:47:04 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
No.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Can you imagine if we drafted him and Lonzo Ball's dad would complain constantly about the "lack of minutes he's receiving". Ainge would get a headache  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
I'd be a hypocrite if I criticize him because I would also like Nike to give me a billion dollars.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 01:24:46 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
There would be way too much drama from his father who would probably try to tell the coach and management how and when to play his kid. Let him go to LaLaLand.

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No I think his father does his thing and the young men when they are young men will do their own. And besides claiming you are great or someone else claiming a player is great is no different than what say a Jordan, LeBron (early on), Wiggins (King of the North), IT (King of the 4th) ect do to a degree. It's all showmanship. Most of the greatest are their own worst critics in secret.

Ps, I have top rank as
1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Tatum (because of fit)
4. Ball