Author Topic: Austin Ainge: Ante Zizic 'punishes grown men physically'  (Read 6336 times)

Re: Austin Ainge: Ante Zizic 'punishes grown men physically'
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Zizic and Yabu will give Celtics a much need physicality in frontcourt.
I agree. I expect they replace Jerebko and Zeller so C's won't ask a lot from them early on.

I don't expect Yab until 2018.

I have my doubts that he will ever contribute, at all.

Played on a bad team in the french 2nd division, then went to China. Everything I've seen from him so far is against 4th-rate competition, at best.

As I have said in multiple other threads, rate Yabu on what you would expect from someone at #16: a regular- to fringe rotation player.  If he becomes a starter then it is a great career for a guy in the late lottery.
There is definitely some unreasonably high expectations on Yabu from some here on this board.

Maybe he'll be great. He's got a nice skill set and decent size (although he's a little short). He could be excellent. But at this stage it's just as likely he's playing mostly in Portland next season.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
They will have to rename the award to CROY!  :D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Now if only KO could "punish grown men physically"  :laugh:

Kelly punishment ........refuse hang out on Burrito night at the local bar ......not let them borrow his hippy tee shirts

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

it's punishment watching him every night.

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I agree. I expect they replace Jerebko and Zeller so C's won't ask a lot from them early on.

Played on a bad team in the french 2nd division, then went to China. Everything I've seen from him so far is against 4th-rate competition, at best.

As I have said in multiple other threads, rate Yabu on what you would expect from someone at #16: a regular- to fringe rotation player.  If he becomes a starter then it is a great career for a guy in the late lottery.

He was picked out of the lottery.

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 06:02:09 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
also regardless of what Austin Ainge thinks, the thread title should just say "Ante Zizic punishes a buncha guys that would never play in the NBA".

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:15 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
also regardless of what Austin Ainge thinks, the thread title should just say "Ante Zizic punishes a buncha guys that would never play in the NBA".

Hey now, just because half that league is drunk on Vodka and the other half are working part time jobs doesn't mean he can't be a backup in the NBA.

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 09:28:41 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Semantics.

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 09:39:14 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Semantics.

Alternative facts

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

it's punishment watching him every night.

He's been holding his own. He has his limitations, but he has noticebly improved.

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

The league he has been playing in is pretty good. Clearly not the NBA, but good.

I am sure there are a lot of strong grown men playing over there, and for a kid like Zicic to impose his will on some of them, that is great.

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2017, 10:19:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

Kelly punishment ........refuse hang out on Burrito night at the local bar ......not let them borrow his hippy tee shirts
Doubters.  Let us not forget the fury that is olly when he torn the arm clean off Love's shoulder. He was a man's man that dark and dangerous night.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2017, 10:50:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Semantics.

Alternative facts
Fake news.